The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #272 of 2,481
Good! I think they're competitive at the $200 price point; I think of them as a more fun version of the GR07. They are mildly v-shaped but the mids are not compromised even a tiny bit; they are a little warm, but the separation is great. I'd say it's like what you'd get if you made GR07 and the SE215 have a baby and give it really awesome instrument separation. Kinda like a slightly less high-rez Senn IE800, I guess.

Quote:
Enough about the dac, how's the earphones sound?

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #273 of 2,481
If this is a comment on my view of Audeze headphones or my credibility due to my opinion of their sound, I wasn't including the LE-8 in the original comparison, BECAUSE I HADN'T HEARD THEM YET! CES was just last week dude!!!! I still stand by the statement that the LCD-2 and LCD-3 are more neutral and not really my style, and they DO need serious components to take them to their full potential; part of why it's so impressive that the Echobox at least makes them sound good (obviously not as good as rigs costing thousands, but if the people at the Audeze booth thought the sound was good, well, you do the math). If you read through the thread on the EL-8s you will see me say exactly the same thing about my opinion of the LCD series!

Looks like this is shaping up to be a witch hunt, eh? Well...

Bring it on!

Quote:

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #275 of 2,481

As someone who works in the same building as a few hundred sales reps and knows exactly how far they'll go to make a sale, I can't give the same benefit of the doubt.  Like I said, you're welcome to your interpretation.  I see another skeezy sales guy trying to backpedal when he got caught in a lie.  

Jeez....DUDE!, you really see the best in folk eh?

Personally I see a guy who's trying to whip up some enthusiasm about a product which MAY turn out to be awesome ( that's what we want right? ), and just wasn't 'pitch perfect' in his communications here.
I see honesty in his admission of hyperbole.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #276 of 2,481
@wijnands Yes we will definitely going to be giving out units for demo, but not just yet. We're going to wait to a little closer to launch time, probably around Canjam time, but there will absolutely be reviewers from Head-Fi and other publications we are all familiar with getting demo units for review.

We'll start shipping samples of the earphones around the end of January :)

Quote:

Interesting. Didn't know that. Would be nice if they came to my country as well.

@Gilly87 are you guys going to do a mail around of a few pre-production units? Seemed to have worked well for Fiio

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #277 of 2,481
Thanks Q, I appreciate that :)

Quote:

Jeez....DUDE!, you really see the best in folk eh?

Personally I see a guy who's trying to whip up some enthusiasm about a product which MAY turn out to be awesome ( that's what we want right? ), and just wasn't 'pitch perfect' in his communications here.
I see honesty in his admission of hyperbole.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #279 of 2,481
They definitely don't. The less-informed-in-audio-matters who visited our booth actually commented that the treble was very clear (too prominent for some); the initiated seemed to like them quite a bit :) I didn't hear a negative comment from anyone who was familiar with higher end audio gear. I would say they have a mild v-shape, slightly elevated bass and treble, but they definitely don't sacrifice any mids, due to the great separation.

Quote:
My main concern with these is the treble, I would hate it if these lack treble.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #281 of 2,481
  TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION! The Finder Earphones have a filter tuning system!

How could I forget something like that? o_O;

That's not on the website.  :d
You should probably put it on or something.
Need RHA T10 v. Finder X1 comparison NAU pls!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #282 of 2,481
I know. The website is a hot mess. Will be fixing next week when they put me in touch with their design team.

Not that anyone'll believe me but I'll take the Pepsi challenge if anyone wants to meet up with a T10i!!!

Quote:
  That's not on the website.  :d
You should probably put it on or something.
Need RHA T10 v. Finder X1 comparison NAU pls!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #283 of 2,481
I know. The website is a hot mess. Will be fixing next week when they put me in touch with their design team.

Not that anyone'll believe me but I'll take the Dewitos challenge if anyone wants to meet up with a T10i!!!

FTFY
Also, YES.  I wonder if anybody will mail you their T10s for a comparison.

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #285 of 2,481
I noticed that the plug on these is not a right angle plug, which it should be since this is a portable iem. Maybe this shouldn't be much of a complaint, but the cables on these are not detachable which starts to be necessary for a iem of this price. Do you think that change can be made before the end of the month, or is it to late for any further changes like that? Other than that its great to hear that these will have a good balanced sq rather than a bass bloated one like many dynamic in ears have. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back