The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Sep 20, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #2,356 of 2,481
The Tidal speed is more of an irritance than a bug - suspect they aren't overly keen on super fast download times for their offline content as it stops driving people to their main app home page. Had the same thing on previous versions and my old LG G5. Fingers crossed for a quicker version soon!

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,357 of 2,481
A couple of days in since upgrading to the newest available software update and I'm still downloading my offline Tidal playlist.
For me thus far, the current SW, Tidal and UAPP updates are as buggy, temperamental and completely unreliable as the original that came with the unit.

Since you previous post stated "I'm pleased to say that the USB audio app appears to be operating as expected, through very brief testing, prior to this release it didn't work at all.", could you please elaborate on the issues you have with UAPP 3.6.5?

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #2,358 of 2,481
Good Morning All,

Thanks to each of you who responded to my request for help. Because EB takes a fair amount of criticism in this forum, I wanted to relay my positive experience with their support crew. They have usually responded to my questions within hours, and they have been patient when answering my newbie questions and thorough in their explanations. I know that some posters here might think to themselves that EB personnel are only doing their jobs, but we have all had experiences with companies that never respond to support requests, and I appreciate it when someone does something well.

I hope each of you has a pleasant day.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #2,359 of 2,481
I'd just like to thank the team at echobox. You all have been so quick to answer my questions via email and have been very helpful. Even if the product itself still has a couple of challenges, the customer service has been top notch.

Since updating the OS on the Explorer last night I haven't had any popping sounds when skipping tracks. The wi-fi interference static is now significantly less noticeable, but its still quite annoying. I ordered an iFi earbuddy last night and I'm hoping that raises the noise floor enough to squelch that static.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #2,361 of 2,481
Since updating the OS on the Explorer last night I haven't had any popping sounds when skipping tracks. The wi-fi interference static is now significantly less noticeable, but its still quite annoying. I ordered an iFi earbuddy last night and I'm hoping that raises the noise floor enough to squelch that static.

Remember, the only two issues solved by the new software update were Time/Date Auto Update and MiceoSD Card Compatibility.

????

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,365 of 2,481
There was a getting started guide in my Explorer. Outside of that, they've been quick to answer everything. What kind of info are you looking for?

The DAP arrived last week. Lovely mahogany case, hefty USB cable but I don't know Android and had no idea how to install music. No instructions in the box.

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #2,368 of 2,481
I updated Tidal, os, and UAPP. All helped. In the end, it's still not perfect and I shouldn't have to buy an external accessory to get rid of hiss. But, it is what it is. At this point it's serving as a nice alternative to the very clinical sound from my LG V20

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,369 of 2,481
Which headphones or IEMS are you getting hiss with? I have no hiss, even with my custom Roxannes (15 Ohm, 119 Db sensitivity @ 1mW) and yes I can still hear hiss on my other Daps that have it (hisound Studio V for one).

Edit: OK, now occasionally during song transition in Tidal I hear some noise, but not while music is playing unless its in the recording of course.
I updated Tidal, os, and UAPP. All helped. In the end, it's still not perfect and I shouldn't have to buy an external accessory to get rid of hiss. But, it is what it is. At this point it's serving as a nice alternative to the very clinical sound from my LG V20

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #2,370 of 2,481
Which headphones or IEMS are you getting hiss with? I have no hiss, even with my custom Roxannes (15 Ohm, 119 Db sensitivity @ 1mW) and yes I can still hear hiss on my other Daps that have it (hisound Studio V for one).

Its not a normal noise floor white noise hiss it's clearly interference from the Wi-Fi. Only happens at the start of songs when they're buffering or any other time there's data traffic. Almost like a tone less version of the noise you would hear when an older GSM phone was next to a speaker.

Happens with my KZ ZS5 and TFZ Ex 5 as well as my AT WS99s. Only one it's barely noticeable on is the thinksound on1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back