The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #196 of 2,481
Alright guys, enough is enough. Show me a list of specs from another player that has all of the stuff you're looking for, and I'll get back to you with as much info as I can.

Is this good enough?
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-zx2#product_details_default

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #197 of 2,481
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #199 of 2,481
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #200 of 2,481
Harsh bro :p The ZX-2 is over double the price though, so we're not worried.

I don't see anything like the specs you guys are asking for though; they don't even mention the DAC that I can see, but maybe its because I'm on mobile.

They use custom made hardware.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #201 of 2,481
Sony, Apple, the typical giants don't bother doing that. More towards the niche brands e.g. FiiO, iBasso, Hifiman, Astell Kern, Colorfly, practically all audiophile niche brands release those specs.
Really you guys should have researched more on your competitors..

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #203 of 2,481
How can I give you what you want if I dont know what it is?! Crikey dude!

I, and others, have asked several times in this thread for the power output in relation to ohm-load, but the question has been repeatedly ignored.

It's not that some of us are being 'horrible', it's just irritating when a vendor announces something, tells everyone how much it rocks, but then seemingly ducks & dives legitimate questions.

Nothing personal; just saying it as I see it.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #204 of 2,481
Oh I'm sure they have; I'm just a new addition to the team as of CES, which is why I'm learning this stuff right alongside everyone else on Head-Fi. The product has been in R&D for years but I'm a fresh face to the team :wink: Mostly I just know how it sounds and that we need help from Head-Fi to make it the best it can be.

Seriously though, you guys seem to know what you want, so tell me exactly what it is and I'll do my best to get it for you.
Sony, Apple, the typical giants don't bother doing that. More towards the niche brands e.g. FiiO, iBasso, Hifiman, Astell Kern, Colorfly, practically all audiophile niche brands release those specs.
Really you guys should have researched more on your competitors..

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #205 of 2,481
I didn't ignore you; I asked my liaison and he gave me an unclear answer. I'm asking for you to show me the specs you're looking for in a typical format because I'm thinking it might make things more clear to the engineers re: what you're really looking for.
I, and others, have asked several times in this thread for the power output in relation to ohm-load, but the question has been repeatedly ignored.

It's not that some of us are being 'horrible', it's just irritating when a vendor announces something, tells everyone how much it rocks, but then seemingly ducks & dives legitimate questions.

Nothing personal; just saying it as I see it.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #206 of 2,481
I didn't ignore you; I asked my liaison and he gave me an unclear answer. I'm asking for you to show me the specs you're looking for in a typical format because I'm thinking it might make things more clear to the engineers re: what you're really looking for.

Please see the image I posted here, 5 days ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749496/echobox-the-unveiling-ces-2015/90#post_11207907

That is a typical format.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #207 of 2,481
Oh I'm sure they have; I'm just a new addition to the team as of CES, which is why I'm learning this stuff right alongside everyone else on Head-Fi. The product has been in R&D for years but I'm a fresh face to the team :wink: Mostly I just know how it sounds and that we need help from Head-Fi to make it the best it can be.

Seriously though, you guys seem to know what you want, so tell me exactly what it is and I'll do my best to get it for you.

Supported format
Sample rates
Frequency Response
SNR
Crosstalk
THD
Master Audio Clock/jitter if possible

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #208 of 2,481
Dude, that's my bad. That was during CES and I was literally sleeping 3 hours a night trying to pull everything together and get the ball rolling with new distributors and a few new R&D partners and I totally missed this post, or at least that part of it.

I will show the image to our team and see what they can give us. Capiche?
Please see the image I posted here, 5 days ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749496/echobox-the-unveiling-ces-2015/90#post_11207907

That is a typical format.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #209 of 2,481
Formats and sample rates are right on the website:
http://echoboxaudio.com/a/Streaming_Player/

I'll get back to you guys with the rest as soon as possible!

Bear with me here, guys! A few of you obviously know more than I about the technical side of things, and I'm sure you can see I have no problem admitting it; in fact in a way I'm glad you guys are being so critical, because I'm learning more from you!

Me, I just know it sounds good; better than anything I've heard south of a grand that's portable. To me, it sounds as good as a few full sized rigs I've heard, so I'm stoked about having that kind of sound on-the-go PLUS the option of streaming and the really unique WiFi/DLNA connectivity feature.

Supported format
Sample rates
Frequency Response
SNR
Crosstalk
THD
Master Audio Clock/jitter if possible

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #210 of 2,481
Formats and sample rates are right on the website:
http://echoboxaudio.com/a/Streaming_Player/

I'll get back to you guys with the rest as soon as possible!

Bear with me here, guys! A few of you obviously know more than I about the technical side of things, and I'm sure you can see I have no problem admitting it; in fact in a way I'm glad you guys are being so critical, because I'm learning more from you!

Me, I just know it sounds good; better than anything I've heard south of a grand. To me, it sounds as good as a few full sized rigs I've heard, so I'm stoked about having that kind of sound in on-the-go PLUS the option of streaming and the really unique WiFi/DLNA connectivity feature.

Thanks. You might want to post that link in the 1st page.
Btw could you find out if those measurements are done with real stress testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back