The Official Dallas Head-Fi meeting results thread
Aug 28, 2002 at 1:58 PM Post #106 of 110
Found it! Thanks LarryS.

6x4 x 2 - Rectifier tube 1 Pcs/Channel

6BM8 x 2 - Tube regulator 1 Pcs/Channel.

6DJ8/ECC88 - driver stage 1 Pcs/Channel.

2A3 - Power stage 1 Pcs/Channel.

Sep 8, 2002 at 3:45 PM Post #107 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by zzz
I've seen that statement a few times around here already and /me wonders what sort of bass you guys are all looking for. When I auditioned this amp some time ago (Ikemi -> Headmaster -> W2002) I was amazed by its bass. Frankly, it was something I have never experienced with headphones before. Say in the beginning of Hyperballad by Bjork I have literally felt my whole scull vibrating, and at the same time the bass was controlled, richly textured, and in general felt *right*.

Agree completely. There's an interaction between W2002 and the Headmaster. I had experienced the "bass lite" syndrome on the first couple of headphones I tried with the Headmaster...R10, HP-1 and HD-600 (well, bass was better with HD-600 but not well controlled). With the W2002, the bass comes into focus. It goes deep and is well controlled. The Sugden may be THE amp for the W2002 (both will need much more time for a better evaluation, but that's my first reaction).

Sep 8, 2002 at 3:48 PM Post #108 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch

Agree completely. There's an interaction between W2002 and the Headmaster. I had experienced the "bass lite" syndrome on the first couple of headphones I tried with the Headmaster...R10, HP-1 and HD-600 (well, bass was better with HD-600 but not well controlled). With the W2002, the bass comes into focus. It goes deep and is well controlled. The Sugden may be THE amp for the W2002 (both will need much more time for a better evaluation, but that's my first reaction).

Kelly pulls joelongwood's cold dead body from the throne and casts it aside, placing the bloodied crown on the head of Hirsch. The king is dead. Long live the king.

Sep 8, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #109 of 110
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly

Kelly pulls joelongwood's cold dead body from the throne and casts it aside, placing the bloodied crown on the head of Hirsch. The king is dead. Long live the king.

Must it be a monarchy?
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2002 at 5:54 PM Post #110 of 110
::throws crown away, since headphones won't fit over it, and the points might damage the finish of the wooden cans::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back