The Official Cigar Thread
Jun 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #1,306 of 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been a few years since I've been back (travelling accross the bridge into Canada is a hassle since 9/11)

That makes me sad. When I was a kid, my family routinely crossed from Canada into NY state by car without even showing ID...

Back to cigars, today it was another Montecristo Edmundo and also a Partagas Short. The latter is a great small cigar.

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,307 of 1,369
Been smoking quite a bit lately with the weather improving.
Had a Padron FR 44th maduro last week. Yesterday I had a Tatuaje M80, Tatuaje Reserva J21 and a Opus X robusto from 2009. Felt good.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #1,311 of 1,369
I'm smoking a Rocky Patel 92 vintage the size and shape of a hemmingway short story.  I bought it a year or so ago, and it's just been hanging out in my humidor.  This is quite the firecracker.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,315 of 1,369
Had an opportunity to smoke one of the new Habanos. It's not yet officially released but my friend in the industry got four on his recent trip to Cuba. This is the H. Upmann Half Corona, a perfect 20-25 minute smoke. It's a real cigar - full flavor H. Upmann... quite lovely actually. These will come in boxes of 25 and  also smal tins of 5. The latter should be beautiful in the jacket pocket.

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #1,316 of 1,369
I had a Rocky Patel Sun Grown last night with my male relatives and a few drinks. Probably the best cigar I've had so far since it was really smooth and mild unlike other cigars (romeo and juliets come to mind) that leave a bad taste.

Definitely going to be picking up a few of the Rocky Patels soon. Any others from their line you might recommend?

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #1,317 of 1,369
Sigh. That would be the Dominican "Romeo & Julieta'.' The Chinese 'Romeo & Julietas' that I can buy on the street here aren't very good either. :wink:

The Rocky Patel Sun Grown is a nice cigar. Very mild.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #1,318 of 1,369
Smoked my first "real" cigar today to celebrate the end of my summer classes. A cheap Arturo Fuente from the local tobacco shop. It was nice, despite the fact that I buggered the light terribly. It was really mild though, and not especially varied in flavor. It was still a great way to end a summer of class though.

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,319 of 1,369
yes, beware. there are websites that show you how to tell them apart in a number of ways. highly unlikely that you'd get a good Rome & Julieta in CONUS. europe, mexico, elsewhere: double-check. but there are many other decent options. in my drawer right now: A Fuente Gran Reserva; Oliva Serie G; another Rocky Patel Vintage 1992; and a non-name puro from Oaxaca that will at least keep the bugs away :wink:

Quote:
Sigh. That would be the Dominican "Romeo & Julieta'.' The Chinese 'Romeo & Julietas' that I can buy on the street here aren't very good either. :wink:

The Rocky Patel Sun Grown is a nice cigar. Very mild.

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #1,320 of 1,369

Quote:
Had an opportunity to smoke one of the new Habanos. It's not yet officially released but my friend in the industry got four on his recent trip to Cuba. This is the H. Upmann Half Corona, a perfect 20-25 minute smoke. It's a real cigar - full flavor H. Upmann... quite lovely actually. These will come in boxes of 25 and  also smal tins of 5. The latter should be beautiful in the jacket pocket.

Yeah, those upmann's got a kick to em, especially towards the end when your head starts spinning - best part!  looks like a great sized cigar. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back