The Official Cigar Thread
Aug 20, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #1,321 of 1,369
Been on a Tatuaje kick of late. Had a Cojonu 2003 and a Black today.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,323 of 1,369
got some cohiba miniatures for my b-day  YUM! - these little guys pack a punch!

gotta love those overzealous surgeon general warnings though" 
"warning, cigar smoking can cause lung cancer and heart disease"

here's a more accurate warning  - "warning, you'd have to be a freak'n lunatic to inhale cigar smoke"
sorry if i've offended anyone, and maybe i'm a lush b/c i dont smoke cigarettes, but in my experience the last time i even accidentally inhaled a minute bit of cigar smoke from a "real" cigar, i nearly passed out, almost puked,  and certainly turned a lovely shade of green..

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #1,324 of 1,369
Quote:
here's a more accurate warning  - "warning, you'd have to be a freak'n lunatic to inhale cigar smoke"

well... just because you puff cigars differently than cigarettes doesn't mean that it isn't still carcinogenic (in the throat or nose area instead of the lungs, for instance). but pretty much anyone who smokes knows the risks, and it may well be that some people in fact smoke BECAUSE it's a way of taking a physical risk...

by the way, the last one I posted here, above, in a picture was not great, I don't recommend it

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #1,325 of 1,369

Quote:

well... just because you puff cigars differently than cigarettes doesn't mean that it isn't still carcinogenic (in the throat or nose area instead of the lungs, for instance). but pretty much anyone who smokes knows the risks, and it may well be that some people in fact smoke BECAUSE it's a way of taking a physical risk...

by the way, the last one I posted here, above, in a picture was not great, I don't recommend it

i'm not arguing against smoke being carcinogenic..   but saying cigars cause lung cancer and heart disease, well i go back to my original point.  my whole post was meant to be light hearted in the first place... i just cant fathom people inhaling cigars. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,326 of 1,369
Quote:
i'm not arguing against smoke being carcinogenic..   but saying cigars cause lung cancer and heart disease, well i go back to my original point.  my whole post was meant to be light hearted in the first place... i just cant fathom people inhaling cigars. 

I'm with you. Unfortunately I inhale more of my own second hand smoke than I usually care to admit.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,327 of 1,369

Quote:
Been on a Tatuaje kick of late. Had a Cojonu 2003 and a Black today.

Yeah, I've been a fan of theirs as well... Still have a few assorted sticks in my humidor.

My current love, remains the Avo cigars, even just the classics (or the Domaines) without getting into special editions, are reliably fantastic. A Domaine #20, on a warm evening, with a cold glass of absinthe, or a good beer = perfection. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,328 of 1,369
I miss Bolivar Torpedos... 

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,329 of 1,369
When I was in panama, I tried to find some of the better Bolivars - they were hard to track down... I ended up with Romeo y Julieta pyramides... which were fantastic as well, but I was really hoping to try the Bolivars.

I've also really been enjoying the Aroma de Cuba, Edition Especial... very tasty.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,330 of 1,369

Quote:
When I was in panama, I tried to find some of the better Bolivars - they were hard to track down... I ended up with Romeo y Julieta pyramides... which were fantastic as well, but I was really hoping to try the Bolivars.

I've also really been enjoying the Aroma de Cuba, Edition Especial... very tasty.

We own property in Uruguay, so I in addition to my US passport I have an Uruguayan passport.  We have not had time to travel to Cuba on our most recent visits, but next time I will surely stock up. Romeo y Julieta is also a terrific product, so you are not suffering too much. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #1,331 of 1,369
i've always wondered how much good cubans actually cost in cuba?  i would imagine they are marked up pretty signifigantly everywhere else in the world.

anybody know?

a good cohiba, or bolivar, or montecristo?  they seem to go for around $10-15 U.S. on average in most places in the world i've been

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #1,332 of 1,369

Quote:
i've always wondered how much good cubans actually cost in cuba?  i would imagine they are marked up pretty signifigantly everywhere else in the world.

anybody know?

a good cohiba, or bolivar, or montecristo?  they seem to go for around $10-15 U.S. on average in most places in the world i've been

well, in european airports (not the most inexpensive places to show, I know - but still...) like frankfurt and amsterdam, you get them for less than that. and closer to the US, you can get them in good stores in mexico. however, in both cases one should take some care to avoid falling for counterfeits - there are a few cigar sites that show you what to check for on cigars, boxes, and export stamps. most I ever paid for a cohiba was in norway (very high taxes) and it was in the price range you mention... I haven't been to cuba, but I'd love to go!

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #1,334 of 1,369
Here is a bomb I got from a friend over at the Asylum and bodybuilding.com:

He hit me pretty hard. I had smacked him with a 10 stick Tatuaje bomb. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back