The Official Cigar Thread
Feb 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #1,351 of 1,369
Quote:
this thread needs reviving!! smoked a Cohiba Maduro 5 yesterday. THE best cigar i have tried yet.Oily,buttery with hints of cocoa and the taste is consistent all through the end.really amazing. It cost $15 where i live.i want a box of them baad but they are utterly expensive.

im waiting for a box of R&J short churchills.

Nice! The Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios is a definite candidate for best cigar out there. $15 is a pretty good price.

I also am a big fan of the R&J Short Churchill. In fact, I have a box of them that I am enjoying right now.  
size]

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,352 of 1,369
Mmmm....and across the lot from where I had dinner.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,353 of 1,369
any recommendations for a good site that ships cuban cigars internationally for good price?
there are few ones i cant find locally.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,355 of 1,369
^^thanks for the link.i just went wild with my order. Got a box of 10 of Cohiba maduro5 Genious, box of 10 of padron Anneversario 1926 #6 Maduro and a box of 25 of padron 1964 Maduro corona. And yes I'm a fan of maduro:))

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,356 of 1,369
Glad to hear it. I am amazed that they suddenly are carrying Don Pepin Garcia blue labels which are one of my absolute favorite non-Cuban cigars. Before their non-Cubans were all fairly low end. I just ordered two boxes.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,357 of 1,369
got a box of oliva serie v torpedo. My first exposure to Oliva.
Perfect construction and burn.Quality is amazing.Beautiful.
I like my cigar to be rich in flavour,chewy,oily with lots of smoke. 
The oliva is peppery,long finish, a bit of a zing on the mouth,nuts and a hint of roasted coffee. Not complex which was a bit of a surprise considering the reviews i read.Medium to full and i had a nice latte with it.
not too impressed since i smoke cubans 95% of the time and i thought this would be a cheaper alternative for my cohiba maduro 5 secretos(my all time favourite) but no.
i will let them settle for a bit in my humidor hopefully they will improve a bit.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #1,358 of 1,369
Went to my friend couple of nights ago and tried his oliva v torpedo that he had in his humidor for 7-8 months. Still the same crap to me.very dry,peppery with a distinctive burned coffee flavor.i put it down before the band point.one of the worst cigars I had flavours wise.too bad the construction and burn are excellent.
I'm definatly giving him the rest of my box.i only smoked one.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,359 of 1,369
Reviving this thread...

I've been really getting into cigars in the past year.  I'll have about one a week.  Sit outside, poor some liquor to sip on and enjoy a good cigar.  I don't have a favorite exactly, but I've got numerous that I love.

I will say, has anyone had Gran Cantidad?  It's one of my favorites in a robusto and they are quite inexpensive.  I think you can get a box of 20 for like $45.  Great medium body that burns well and keeps the flavor to the very end.  Just giving a recommendation 
cool.gif

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,361 of 1,369
You're welcome.

Where do head-fi'ers purchase?  Local shop, online?

I've bought previously at local stores but refuse to now because that gets way to expensive.  I may buy one local in case of emergency if I'm craving a specific cigar, otherwise bestcigarprices.com and jrcigars.com are where I prefer to go.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,362 of 1,369
Even though our local taxes are tremendous, I typically buy locally - I want to support those businesses if I can. And we have some good shops here, I always appreciate the suggestions of the proprietors. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #1,364 of 1,369
Ok, so two classics: Belafonte's audiophile wonder and Hoyo de Monterrey's Epicure No. 2, a light flavored cigar that instantly charms the palate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back