"The Office" appreciation thread
Dec 29, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #17 of 366
I've never seen the US version but I love the UK version. Got all the DVDs of it (the 2 series & the Christmas specials)

Dec 29, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #18 of 366
I watch the US version, its sooo funny...i havent seen this weeks episode yet, just saw the christmas party one.

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #20 of 366
Dwight Schrute: Question, is there fire wood on the island?

Jim Halpert: I guess.

Dwight Schrute: Then I would bring an ax, no books.

Jim Halpert: It has to be a book Dwight.

Dwight Schrute: Fine, Physician's Desk Reference-

Jim Halpert: Nice, smart.

Dwight Schrute: ...hollowed out, inside-waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Question, did my shoes come off in the plane crash?

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #22 of 366
I have never watched the us version. I do adore the uk version though. It was simply the best.

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 366
The U.S. version would be nowhere without Dwight, he's practically made that show. Even more so than Steve Carell himself. Carell is funny but I don't think he's anywhere near as essential as Ricky Gervais was for his role

Sucks that the original Office ended so early. I think it had at least another season left in it

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #24 of 366
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sucks that the original Office ended so early. I think it had at least another season left in it

I think BBC sitcoms tend to be shorter-lived than US shows, but yeah I would have loved to see another season as well. In any case, the US version of The Office quickly came into it's own. There were rumours that some of the original cast would make guest appearances on the US version, so far hasn't happened, but who knows!

A scene from the "Coup" episode, the coffee shop scene where Jan and Dwight have their "secret" meeting, was shot right down the street from us, "Paty's" in Toluca Lake.

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #25 of 366
Quote:

Michael: Bro’s before ho’s. Why? Because your bro’s are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other ho’s in the world. And then…and then suddenly she’s not your ho no mo’.

the way carrel looks so pathetic at the end of this just made me lose it.

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #27 of 366
I am looking at my Dwight Schrute bobble head doll as I write this, which is the best holiday gift I received.

Glad to see so many intelligent head-Fiers enjoy The Office.

My favorite beginning to an episode is when Dwight is sitting on the excercise ball, and Jim asks him how much it costs - then proceeds to stab it with his scissors. That is a terrible recap, but if you've seen it you wil know how funny it was.

I also really enjoyed the episode where Dwight files all of the complaints abot Jim, and Toby keeps sends them directly to "Corporate" under his desk.

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 366
Quote:

Originally Posted by patgod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think BBC sitcoms tend to be shorter-lived than US shows.

It all depends on whose writing and when they want to call it a day really, though on the whole the ones that have been considered to be classics call it a day after a couple of series.

Faulty Towers only did 2 series (12 episodes in total) and is considered to be one of the greatest sitcoms around, but then you have something like Only Fools & Horses which went 7 series or As Time Goes By which went for 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back