[The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp
Aug 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #46 of 200
Quote:
I'd honestly be fine with it being a bit colored and sweet. The higher end stats (007 & 009) have the analytical bit covered and a nice smooth (great sounding) can would be awesome. 

If they're trying to follow in the HE60/90's footsteps I'd imagine that's where they'll go. Looks wise...the HE90 is one of the most gorgeous headphones ever made, IMO.

The aesthetics of the HE90 is quite impressive especially through the driver protective grill.  How about using a real leather this time around?  My HE90's pleather pad is flaking as we speak.  I wish jmoney came through with their leather HE90 earpads, sadly the project never did materialized. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #47 of 200
Quote:
I'll take it one further - we're comparing a Ford Contour and a Jaguar X-Type. And I would tell you that I'd take the Jaguar 10 times out of 9.

So I assume you'd go for the Jaguar X-Type because of it's looks ? I'm guessing some of the remarks made in two or three posts were aimed towards me about my view on the HE-90 being a beautiful looking headphone and that Sennheiser should design their new stat headphone with similar looks to it, in them saying it doesn't matter how the headphone looks as long as it sounds good. How many are going to pay probably $6000 - $7000 for an ugly looking headphone. About members of Sennheiser not looking on Head-fi. Head-fi is one of, if not the top forum about headphones and if I owned an headphone company, Head-fi would be the first place I'd be looking.

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #48 of 200
So I assume you'd go for the Jaguar X-Type because of it's looks ? I'm guessing some of the remarks made in two or three posts were aimed towards me about my view on the HE-90 being a beautiful looking headphone and that Sennheiser should design their new stat headphone with similar looks to it, in them saying it doesn't matter how the headphone looks as long as it sounds good. How many are going to pay probably $6000 - $7000 for an ugly looking headphone. About members of Sennheiser not looking on Head-fi. Head-fi is one of, if not the top forum about headphones and if I owned an headphone company, Head-fi would be the first place I'd be looking.

Yes I'd take the Jaguar for aesthetic reasons, and the maintenance isn't/wasn't that terrible as modern cars go (it is a Ford, after all; I had an '06). Same idea as the Lincoln/Ford debate that's been going on for about 30 years - while I'm not saying that looks should come at the expense of performance, I think it's a little ridiculous to accept bad ergonomics, build quality, aesthetics, etc simply because of the brand name on the box or because it sounds good. (Whatever that means for a given listener). I see that as ridiculous as buying headphones just because they look nice and not worrying about how they sound at all.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #49 of 200
It's disappointing that the exciting news that Sennheiser might be releasing a new electrostat in the future has degenerated into speculation on the looks of a headphone nobody has even seen.  David, you are free to make your own wiki/blog right here on HF to discuss unseen headphone looks, cars, and the K-01 if those are areas of interest to you, but I think most would appreciate slightly more substantial/topic related discussions. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #50 of 200
It's disappointing that the exciting news that Sennheiser might be releasing a new electrostat in the future has degenerated into speculation on the looks of a headphone nobody has even seen.  David, you are free to make your own wiki/blog right here on HF to discuss unseen headphone looks, cars, and the K-01 if those are areas of interest to you, but I think most would appreciate slightly more substantial/topic related discussions. :beerchug:

Substantial related to what? (nobody knows what they sound like, look like, or if they will even exist) I don't think anything has degraded into anything - this is how anticipation threads always go. Lots of back and forth about nothing. :xf_eek:

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #54 of 200
Looking forward to the Senns stats and eager to see a shootout between the new stats and my upcoming BHSE-009 combo. 
beerchug.gif

Makes me wonder whether I should have ordered the BHSE with a HE90 jack - but who knows whether the jack in the new amp unit would be the same as the HE90... 

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #56 of 200
Let's hope there will be an adaptor for use with Stax amps... Pretty sure the BHSE will beat Senn's own amp for the new stats? 

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #58 of 200
Quote:
It's disappointing that the exciting news that Sennheiser might be releasing a new electrostat in the future has degenerated into speculation on the looks of a headphone nobody has even seen.  David, you are free to make your own wiki/blog right here on HF to discuss unseen headphone looks, cars, and the K-01 if those are areas of interest to you, but I think most would appreciate slightly more substantial/topic related discussions. 
beerchug.gif

I would also prefer that this thread stays on topic regarding more meaningful issues like signature, price, and amping.  We don't need more 'omg Esoteric sounds like an angel is farting in my ear', or 'Lady Gaga would not approve the looks of this headphone' detours, like several other stat threads have devolved into for pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back