The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
May 6, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,261 of 5,322
Hi. Has anyone used the PW Audio Ground Adapter with WM1A/Z (sharing image for reference) ? I came to know about it recently and wondering what it exactly does. Also there seems to be two versions (Standard & 19609s) with significant price difference, but not sure what is the different they both bring. In case anyone has any experience using it and can share some information with me it'll be a great help please. Many thanks!

pw.jpg

Attachments

• pw.jpg
    pw.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 0
May 6, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,262 of 5,322
Hi. Has anyone used the PW Audio Ground Adapter with WM1A/Z (sharing image for reference) ? I came to know about it recently and wondering what it exactly does. Also there seems to be two versions (Standard & 19609s) with significant price difference, but not sure what is the different they both bring. In case anyone has any experience using it and can share some information with me it'll be a great help please. Many thanks!

What it does is taking the ground connection from the 3.5 mm output and adding it to the 5. section on the 4.4 output (there is no ground on the 4.4 output from the player). As I see it, this only makes sense if you have a cable with 5. wire or perhaps shield. What it might do for the sound I have no idea. My guess about the difference between the two would be the internal wireing but I don’t know.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #1,263 of 5,322
What it does is taking the ground connection from the 3.5 mm output and adding it to the 5. section on the 4.4 output (there is no ground on the 4.4 output from the player). As I see it, this only makes sense if you have a cable with 5. wire or perhaps shield. What it might do for the sound I have no idea. My guess about the difference between the two would be the internal wireing but I don’t know.
Thank you, that's helpful info. Since you mentioned about cable- the regular IEM cables (like the ones from Campfire, FiiO etc) that come with 4.4 terminations, those will work, right? I mean, will I need special cables as well?

May 7, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,264 of 5,322
Thank you, that's helpful info. Since you mentioned about cable- the regular IEM cables (like the ones from Campfire, FiiO etc) that come with 4.4 terminations, those will work, right? I mean, will I need special cables as well?
They all only have 4 wires so work straight out of the player and should not benefit from that adaptor

May 8, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #1,265 of 5,322
Never thought this combo to work.
20210508_171149.jpg

May 8, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,266 of 5,322
I really have to confess. Its mainly because of mr.walkmans dawn+ and the biflange from oriveti (not in this picture sadly because i wanted to try out spinfits but it ended up giving me a nasty headache instead) that made these from dull unrefined overpriced garbage iems to detail monsters! I really could not believe how resolving they are! Truly a mastercraft in that regard. BRAVO!

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #1,269 of 5,322
SKYND dark subjects explored musically. No imagery or links you'll either get it or you wont, at very least SKYND will make you think, a lot...

Q-6

May 15, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #1,271 of 5,322
Anyone got any recommendation for case that I can buy from Amazon US? I'm looking at a transparent plastic case (thin) and a fatbear case (too rugged for me).

Or anyone has a spare that I can buy.

May 16, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,272 of 5,322
Anyone got any recommendation for case that I can buy from Amazon US? I'm looking at a transparent plastic case (thin) and a fatbear case (too rugged for me).

Or anyone has a spare that I can buy.
The Benks TPU clear case doesn't offer much protection apart from scratches but looks good and sits nicely in the dock of you have one. I also have a cheap black silicon case which has a flap that covers the WM-Port, as it is thicker it offers more protection against drops and doesn't add too much bulk.
I got mine from AliExpress as I'm not in the US so it was way cheaper so I don't have the Amazon links to them but they are available.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,273 of 5,322
Lastly been trolling the MP3 320 va flac thread lol.

but oh god, theres still peole who aegie flac is not necessary and wastes too much space… LOL

May 16, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #1,274 of 5,322
Lastly been trolling the MP3 320 va flac thread lol.

but oh god, theres still peole who aegie flac is not necessary and wastes too much space… LOL
Well if they can’t detect a difference then it is a waste of space for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back