The New Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Impressions thread (read the first post)
Sep 25, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #511 of 516
I just want to say my impressions of the Unison USB upgrade in my Yggdrasil GS. Made a considerable improvement over the Gen 5.
I want to SHOUT OUT LOUD and say Thanks to Mike Moffet for his never ending quest to give us a better interface.. I’m blown away by the improvement.. and for charging a very reasonable $150 for the upgrade. Can’t say enough good things about the folks at Schiit and their ability to deliver world class products at affordable prices ! Yes... I’m a fanboy.. they earned it.

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #512 of 516
I just want to say my impressions of the Unison USB upgrade in my Yggdrasil GS. Made a considerable improvement over the Gen 5.
I want to SHOUT OUT LOUD and say Thanks to Mike Moffet for his never ending quest to give us a better interface.. I’m blown away by the improvement.. and for charging a very reasonable $150 for the upgrade. Can’t say enough good things about the folks at Schiit and their ability to deliver world class products at affordable prices ! Yes... I’m a fanboy.. they earned it.
I felt the same exact way! The Unison was a substantial upgrade for such a small price (plus the convenience is an even bigger upside).

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #513 of 516
sorry- dragged up a zombie

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #514 of 516
Yep, file delivery matters. I started fiddling with headphone audio in 2012. First few years, some good dacs, Dacmagic, Benchmark, Bifrost, others. For me, ALL had poor usb implementation, leaving me with apparent transparency but a flat and lifeless overall presentation. “Solved” this somewhat with outboard USB interfaces, finally settling on bel canto. Still needed this with my first Yggy in 2015. By the time of YggyB in 2018, I had abandoned USB completely, going with Dante/ethernet/XLR file delivery, which I’m sticking with today.

However, i also find Unison to be a HUGE improvement over Gen 3 and 5, alive presentation and true timbre, plus it’s been easy and glitch free when I’ve used it.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #515 of 516
Gefski……I have a Yggy OG as well and also got the Unison installed when it was in for service for another issue. How ever I have never tried it because like you I’m an XLR guy…I keep meaning to try it but never do…..I guess you just answered my question though seems you like XLR better the USB as well….

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #516 of 516
Gefski……I have a Yggy OG as well and also got the Unison installed when it was in for service for another issue. How ever I have never tried it because like you I’m an XLR guy…I keep meaning to try it but never do…..I guess you just answered my question though seems you like XLR better the USB as well….
Yep, I had Unison installed just last year, for resale value and the +2yr warranty extension on the whole unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back