The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Mar 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,352 of 1,522
  But the others versions don't suck right? I mean, they still outperform most headphones in their price range?

Sure, but the red ones are even better - as they are made for the Japanese market, and others for export to gaijins.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,354 of 1,522
  Well, I'm astounded!  My Brainwavz pads have just arrived and I put them on on top of the AKG K81DJ pads that I had already replaced the stock ones with and these are now unbelievably better!  A clear, open treble now, with maybe just a slight lack in the bottom end - quite the reverse to what they were previously.  If you read my previous posts on my disappointment of these cans, I can hardly believe the transformation they have undergone now, along with the damping mod inside the housing.  Also, they are supremely comfortable with all that padding on and look pretty cool as well!

I had to mod my sz2000 to get the **** off my ear but the bass is ******* epic. EPIC.

The cnt drivers are worth the hassle....JVC needs to line up some final approval guys and shoot em'...What??

ANyway...you guys are going ghetto mod all over these things...love it...subbed 
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,355 of 1,522
I've just recently give these another go after much time away and I can say that as stock, they sound pretty bad. With the HM5 pads, they are much, much better in every way, better soundstage and overall tone. They become really quite good for the price. However, if you need any sort of realistic presentation of acoustic sounds, I would say look elsewhere. If most of what you listen to is electronic based sounds, you'll be fine for the price.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #1,356 of 1,522
Mar 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,357 of 1,522
Now listening to them. Not impressed by them, but not disappointed either. 

Just how 30 euro cans should sound. But I have like 5 minutes burn in on them, wonder how they will sound after 300+ hours.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #1,358 of 1,522
I noticed one thing about them though... 

If the drivers are directly to your ears, you get a lot of bass, but the treble kind of subdued. If you push them slightly forward your ears, they sound more clear, but at the same time they have less bass and are more distant sounding.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #1,363 of 1,522
  I dunno what effect the cnt coated drivers has besides delaying distortion but mine seem to open up under amp. My sz2000 sound like **** on my ipod classic but with my amp and Cowon it's Thunder God. 

Well, mine don't sound like s**t from my laptop. It's just that they sound too claustrophobic.

Treble, vocals and bass sound really good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back