The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Apr 17, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #4,816 of 4,956
Does anyone know if Vsonic's from aliexpress are totally legit? I'm asking becouse those IEMs are like 2x more expensive in my country, same with amazon where You can buy GR07 from $130 and on aliexpress it's only $90. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #4,817 of 4,956
Does anyone know if Vsonic's from aliexpress are totally legit? I'm asking becouse those IEMs are like 2x more expensive in my country, same with amazon where You can buy GR07 from $130 and on aliexpress it's only $90.

My top recommendation is www.lendmeurears.com!.......they are very good at after sales support too and very helpy.Same goes to www.penonaudio.com. They offer free WW shipping to any corner of this planet.

Oh btw,if you seen the price of $130 elsewhere than ali then its the GR07 BE......and what you might get for $90 is the GR07 CE (3 colored classic)for $90 from ali, so check with the seller.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #4,818 of 4,956
hey guys, so my cable of original vsd3s gave out. I am fairly certain it is my cable problem because I swapped earphones with the cable so my original left earphone is now on my right cable`s jack and vice versa. could still hear music on one side only so the drivers are fine, just the cable is dead. now should I buy a replacement cable? Or should I try the new vsd3s. havent bothered researching since Ive been satisfied with the original vsd3s since july 2014. its been almost 2 years! worth.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #4,820 of 4,956
  hey guys, so my cable of original vsd3s gave out. I am fairly certain it is my cable problem because I swapped earphones with the cable so my original left earphone is now on my right cable`s jack and vice versa. could still hear music on one side only so the drivers are fine, just the cable is dead. now should I buy a replacement cable? Or should I try the new vsd3s. havent bothered researching since Ive been satisfied with the original vsd3s since july 2014. its been almost 2 years! worth.

Yup, I personally think the new VSD3S is a slight but worthy upgrade. If you like the older version's sound, you most likely would be very pleased with the new one. If you don't want to try out something new, I think you'll be quite happy with just getting a brand new one.
Personally, the new VSD3S is also my favorite IEM I've tried under $100 along with the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, so even if you wanted to research into something new, most people wouldn't exactly have much else to say either.

May 8, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #4,821 of 4,956
Another look at the construction of a pair of vsd3 red-blue non-detachable... I used a sharp blade to weaken the sticky glue that held together the two sides of the housing. -didn't actually use the screwdriver since it chipped the housing 
blink.gif

the wires are oxidizing and the rubber sheathing is sticky and oily to the touch. I bought these over a year and half ago.
I'm thinking about recabling these...

May 14, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #4,826 of 4,956
Any suggestion for an upgrade from VSD3S?

I have been using VSD3S for around 2 years and quite satisfied with its sound. I would like to look for an IEM or headphone that:
1. costs less than USD150,
2. sounds better than VSD3S in general (or at least not worse than VSD3S), and
3. offers significantly more bass (in terms of both depth and quantity) than VSD3S .

Thanks, everyone!

May 14, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #4,827 of 4,956

I have been using VSD3S for around 2 years and quite satisfied with its sound. I would like to look for an IEM or headphone that:
3. offers significantly more bass (in terms of both depth and quantity) than VSD3S .

Thanks, everyone!

ATH CKR9 :)

May 14, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #4,828 of 4,956

Thanks, everyone!

Trinity Audio Delta V2 would probably work for you as well with the right filter. FYI, if you go the Trinity Audio route (for any of their IEMs), there's a 20% discount code for Head-Fi members.

May 14, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #4,829 of 4,956

Thanks, everyone!

I personally own the Future Sonics Atrio with MG7 Transducers, that's an earphone that has a killer thick, tight yet super punchy bass, sparkly energy in the highs and much less sibilance than the VSD3. Not always available for $150 though, depending on color and seller. That said, it has a very similar sound signature to the VSD3, just better and costing $100-ish more.
Note though, that I think the Atrio MG7 is discontinued. If memory serves me right, it's available on Amazon and eBay, but I don't think it'll be at physical retail, for example.
Another option that's much more budget friendly yet ticks all 3 of your stipulations would be the new, updated VSD3S. Same price as the older VSD3 (which I'd imagine is the version you have), thicker bass, more natural sound staging and imaging, better build and upgraded cable. Cable is not detachable though, but I think the better build alone makes it a worthy purchase. If you liked your older VSD3S and want something similar with better bass, I think the VSD3S Version 2 will be your winner IEM if you want to be on a budget.
Comparing the new VSD3S to my Atrio MG7, the MG7 has more detail in the bass, less sibilance, lusher mids and comparatively more refined highs. However, the new VSD3S is hard to beat in terms of value for money in an earphone.
My opinion aside, the mentioned Audio Technica CKR9 and Trinity Audio Delta V2 are probably worth your consideration. Haven't had a meaningful demo with either of those earphones, but they're most likely popular around here for a reason.
Final note: Sorry if this may confuse you after all that I've said, but if you're looking for the absolute best audio for your dollar, headphones are most likely going to serve you much better. There will be obvious exceptions to the rule, but generally headphones would beat IEMs in longevity, control of splashy-ness and sibilance, sound stage and imaging, etc. For example, consider the  Hifiman Massdrop HE350 when more reviews come out. At $99 on Massdrop, they may just be a contender for one of the best values in open headphones, but we of course have to wait and see.
Hope I've helped, even if just a little. Let us know if I've only confused you and I'll explain the best I can.

May 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #4,830 of 4,956

I personally own the Future Sonics Atrio with MG7 Transducers, that's an earphone that has a killer thick, tight yet super punchy bass, sparkly energy in the highs and much less sibilance than the VSD3. Not always available for $150 though, depending on color and seller. That said, it has a very similar sound signature to the VSD3, just better and costing $100-ish more.
Note though, that I think the Atrio MG7 is discontinued. If memory serves me right, it's available on Amazon and eBay, but I don't think it'll be at physical retail, for example.
Another option that's much more budget friendly yet ticks all 3 of your stipulations would be the new, updated VSD3S. Same price as the older VSD3 (which I'd imagine is the version you have), thicker bass, more natural sound staging and imaging, better build and upgraded cable. Cable is not detachable though, but I think the better build alone makes it a worthy purchase. If you liked your older VSD3S and want something similar with better bass, I think the VSD3S Version 2 will be your winner IEM if you want to be on a budget.
Comparing the new VSD3S to my Atrio MG7, the MG7 has more detail in the bass, less sibilance, lusher mids and comparatively more refined highs. However, the new VSD3S is hard to beat in terms of value for money in an earphone.
My opinion aside, the mentioned Audio Technica CKR9 and Trinity Audio Delta V2 are probably worth your consideration. Haven't had a meaningful demo with either of those earphones, but they're most likely popular around here for a reason.
Final note: Sorry if this may confuse you after all that I've said, but if you're looking for the absolute best audio for your dollar, headphones are most likely going to serve you much better. There will be obvious exceptions to the rule, but generally headphones would beat IEMs in longevity, control of splashy-ness and sibilance, sound stage and imaging, etc. For example, consider the  Hifiman Massdrop HE350 when more reviews come out. At $99 on Massdrop, they may just be a contender for one of the best values in open headphones, but we of course have to wait and see.
Hope I've helped, even if just a little. Let us know if I've only confused you and I'll explain the best I can.

Headphones are great bang for buck (at least the right one), but I wouldn't say to consider something like the HE350 because I'm pretty doubtful that it has the bass quantity that he wants. Quality will probably be fantastic, but it may lack the quantity he's looking for. Also, potentially asking for an IEM recommendation to avoid using headphones in public. I personally don't like walking around with headphones so I have IEMs for portable use, perhaps they're the same way.

Also, I've had plenty of time with the Trinity Audio Hyperion so my guess is that the update iteration, the Trinity Audio Vyrus, would also be a contender. It would be less of a jump in sound quality than things like the CKR9 and Delta V2, but it does also cost less than either of those and it certainly isn't any worse than the VSD3S.

** It might seem like I'm really repping and fanboying over the Trinity Audio products, but they're the ones I've got in my possession with the most playtime in the past year that's within this price bracket. There are plenty of also-good choices out there in this price range, especially with new Chinese-made entries, but I just haven't gotten headtime with any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back