The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #4,486 of 4,956
  can someone please comment on comfort? I have rather small ear and will have to wear these for long flight and cycling, so a mix of comfort while sitting/sleeping and when moving.

I agree with @myemaildw, I don't think these will work too well for you. I have small ears too and I felt these shells were a little too big to be comfortable for long periods and definitely not if you're planning to lay down on a pillow or something. GR07 would work out better for you with its smaller form and pivoting nozzle.

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #4,487 of 4,956

I agree with @myemaildw, I don't think these will work too well for you. I have small ears too and I felt these shells were a little too big to be comfortable for long periods and definitely not if you're planning to lay down on a pillow or something. GR07 would work out better for you with its smaller form and pivoting nozzle.

thank you. The GR07 is out of my budget, other brands or suggestions? Something around $50 used or new?

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #4,488 of 4,956

thank you. The GR07 is out of my budget, other brands or suggestions? Something around $50 used or new?

Hmmm, something low price but still comfortable. I haven't listened to anything that fits that description really. You could try my first good set of IEMs, the GR06. Same small shells as the GR07 and doesn't quite sound as good as the GR07, but it still sounds great for $50-60. Maybe take a shot at those.

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,490 of 4,956
  can someone please comment on comfort? I have rather small ear and will have to wear these for long flight and cycling, so a mix of comfort while sitting/sleeping and when moving.

VSD2/2S and MEE Audio M6......

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #4,491 of 4,956

VSD2/2S and MEE Audio M6......

That reminds me....maybe M6 Pro? I read that it really is a better version of the M6. I think it's like $50-60?

For small ear I would recommend the vsd1s instead but I don't remember anyone complaining about how big the vsd3 are.

I wouldn't totally complain about it, but it did feel a little big and I'd categorize my ears as small. I certainly wouldn't sleep on them and I wouldn't use them for more than a couple hours at a time. I can't really use anything that's a bit larger for more than a couple hours without at least re-seating it or just taking them out for 10 minutes in some cases. The VSD3S would be in the "re-seat" category for me.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #4,493 of 4,956
get a straight barrel iem then may be? i had zero audio tenore before, there alright, definitelly not worse than beats solo 2, and about 35 euro

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #4,495 of 4,956

Yeah, mini barrels like MEE Audio M9 classic,used RE-400 wld also be good choices.....

Haven't heard the M9, but I had the M11+ and liked that. First step in the journey to not use low-budget JVCs and Skullcandy's. The M6 Pro is supposed to be an improvement on the M6 and S6 so while I'm not sure it measures up in SQ for the price increase over those 2 (cuz those two are what, $20-30?), there's those removable cables plus the fact that they advertise a no-questions-asked lifetime replacement policy. Definitely don't go for the Xiaomi Pistons 2 though. The SQ is great for price, but I highly doubt they'll be comfortable enough since the housings are on the large side for straight barrels and metal's a bit sharp on this model.

Maybe Image S4s or Image S5s that have replaced those? Though besides the rugged editions, I don't really like the build quality on those ones, feels flimsy.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #4,496 of 4,956
HELP! I'm looking at getting a pair of IEM at around the same price the VSD3 go for. So I'm considering between the MEELEC M6 Pro and these Vsonic VSD3. Which is better in terms of SQ. I prefer clarity and soundstage but THE MOST IMPORTANT factor for me is DURABILITY. Which of the two will last me longer? Anyone who has had both, pls help me out. Much thanks.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #4,497 of 4,956
HELP! I'm looking at getting a pair of IEM at around the same price the VSD3 go for. So I'm considering between the MEELEC M6 Pro and these Vsonic VSD3. Which is better in terms of SQ. I prefer clarity and soundstage but THE MOST IMPORTANT factor for me is DURABILITY. Which of the two will last me longer? Anyone who has had both, pls help me out. Much thanks.

i don't have the m6 pro but i can definitely tell you if durability is important then you can basically forget about the vsd3s....

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #4,498 of 4,956

Disclaimer: this is just speculation cuz I haven't heard the M6 Pro.

The VSD3 probably sounds better. The M6 Pro probably is better built and will probably be more durable (based on my previous experience with the M6). The M6 Pro's removable cables look like much better connectors than MMCX. They also advertise a lifetime replacement policy no questions asked; dunno what sorta actual restrictions that has though.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #4,499 of 4,956
alright thanks

say tom you had amperior headphones, are the gr07 easier on ears in terms of treble in comparison to gr07? and how are they in comparison to amperiors? would you say they are the same in audio? cause ive read that gr07 is closer to hd600 headphone.

ive read on the vsd3s booklet that vsd3s is a 40 ohm earphone, do you need an amp for them or something, isnt iphone only 18 ohm output? or what? thanks

sorry for the late reply, but i would say the gr07bes is a bit easier on the ears, i don't think its solely to based on the treble, the upper mids of the amperiors is a forward, so it has sort of a harsh, hard but very clear tone.

i haven't owned the hd600 so i can't say for sure, though

also in regards to needing an amp.. no you should be fine with any modern music player with the vsd3s.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #4,500 of 4,956
i don't have the m6 pro but i can definitely tell you if durability is important then you can basically forget about the vsd3s....

Disclaimer: this is just speculation cuz I haven't heard the M6 Pro.

The VSD3 probably sounds better. The M6 Pro probably is better built and will probably be more durable (based on my previous experience with the M6). The M6 Pro's removable cables look like much better connectors than MMCX. They also advertise a lifetime replacement policy no questions asked; dunno what sorta actual restrictions that has though.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm leaning towards the M6 Pros. Or do you guys have any other recommendations within the same price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back