The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 16, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #4,501 of 4,956
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm leaning towards the M6 Pros. Or do you guys have any other recommendations within the same price range?

If you prefer clarity and soundstage, you should grab the Havi B3 Pro I. Nothing beats it in either respect at the price. If you want something that's really durable and sounds great, look at the ATH IM50. 

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #4,502 of 4,956
anyone knows how to get a seal on left ear? neither tip work for left ear. any ideas? thanks

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #4,503 of 4,956
i get some seal on one eartip but im not sure if its a proper seal. thanks

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #4,504 of 4,956
Foam or silicon? If silicon, I would think try a larger tip (yeah I'm stating the obvious lol
tongue.gif
).

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #4,505 of 4,956
ye thanks i get some seal with dual flange on left ear, when i press it crinkles so probably its a good seal, but kind of fiddly putting them on but it is comfortable.
say you have hd600, how do those sound in comparison to vsd3s?
also you had shure se215 what are those like in sound to vsd3s? which is better what do you like etc.

after i get seal on both ears the sound is quite something, the bass is pretty good. this is the kind of sound i wish beats pro had when i got those a while ago. consistent bass, i enjoy bass and descent detail on these, but only when i get seal the sound shines, the left ear im not sure if im getting seal. thanks

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #4,506 of 4,956
ye thanks i get some seal with dual flange on left ear, when i press it crinkles so probably its a good seal, but kind of fiddly putting them on but it is comfortable.
also you had shure se215 what are those like in sound to vsd3s? which is better what do you like etc.

after i get seal on both ears the sound is quite something, the bass is pretty good. this is the kind of sound i wish beats pro had when i got those a while ago. consistent bass, i enjoy bass and descent detail on these, but only when i get seal the sound shines, the left ear im not sure if im getting seal. thanks

HD600 vs VSD3S is a very unfair comparison IMO. The HD600 is a stellar choice in sound quality for its price bracket, as is the VSD3S, but there's quite a gap. HD600 presents more detail, clarity, and resolution in every way. That's not to say the VSD3S is bad, but like I said, just an unfair fight
tongue.gif
. In terms of sound sig though, I recall the VSD3S sounding like the GR06: mid-focused, but less bloat in the bass than the GR06 and better treble presence. It's an all-around improvement on how the GR06 sounded. In comparison to the more balanced signature of the HD600s, it's definitely colored. Acoustic instruments and vocals are also more natural with the HD600s.

I can't quite remember exactly what, but there was something I just didn't like about the SE215's sound sig compared to the VSD3S. It was darker for sure, the VSD3S has a little more treble energy, but it just sounded more natural and less grainy. Overall in terms of the sound sig, I prefer the VSD3S over the SE215, but the SE215's build quality is better.

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #4,507 of 4,956
ok yes, and what about gr07 and hd600 from your brief listen to gr07?
i figured i get better seal with noozle pointing up on left ear so pivoting noozle is a good idea.

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #4,508 of 4,956
alright im confident that i got a seal on left ear, and that now im hearing the way they suppose to sound. i think vsd3s has some sibling. im tempted to buy gr07 though haha

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #4,509 of 4,956
can anyone recomend me foam tips to buy for these vsd3s iems?

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,510 of 4,956

for me anyway I found the dual flanges to seal inconsistently for my ears anyway, some days it works some days it doesn't (maybe I'm just weird like that)

but I much prefer the single flanges that it comes with (try both the medium and the larges, and even the smalls, if it works for you). the silicone used it not bad! (not as well sealing as the sony hybrids, but I found it to be the best based on whats given!).

in regards to the comparison to the gr07be, i had made a comparison video a while back on it, i think you might have seen it already

but long story short

gr07be- less bass, but tighter and faster, better layering as well, midrange is leaner and clear, treble is more refined and better extended.

vsd3s- fuller bass, a bit slow for electronic music, but impact is good! midrange much thicker and chunkier, treble i think is a bit more sibilant > gr07

still love both of em, i used the vsd3s when i need a bit more isolation--> tube commuting

gr07be for basically every where else.

but of course i use other earphones as well! =P too much gear, not enough ears to go around!

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #4,511 of 4,956

for me anyway I found the dual flanges to seal inconsistently for my ears anyway, some days it works some days it doesn't (maybe I'm just weird like that)

but I much prefer the single flanges that it comes with (try both the medium and the larges, and even the smalls, if it works for you). the silicone used it not bad! (not as well sealing as the sony hybrids, but I found it to be the best based on whats given!).

in regards to the comparison to the gr07be, i had made a comparison video a while back on it, i think you might have seen it already

but long story short

gr07be- less bass, but tighter and faster, better layering as well, midrange is leaner and clear, treble is more refined and better extended.

vsd3s- fuller bass, a bit slow for electronic music, but impact is good! midrange much thicker and chunkier, treble i think is a bit more sibilant > gr07

still love both of em, i used the vsd3s when i need a bit more isolation--> tube commuting

gr07be for basically every where else.

but of course i use other earphones as well! =P too much gear, not enough ears to go around!

I couldn't do the biflanges on these either, biflanges are really hit and miss for me, at least of both types I've tried. I've had the MEElectronics M11+ and the biflanges on the IEM were great, but those same biflanges never worked for me on any other IEM. Then there's the shorter biflanges that came with the Havi B3 and those didn't work for me with the Havi, but they DID work for me on the Cypher Labs C6. Single flange has been what's worked well for me, just need to find the right size (sometimes different per ear as one of my canals is larger than the other).

Ooph, that tube commuting can get quite noisy. Where I'm working at for the summer, I ride my scooter there in like 15 minutes, so I just can't do dynamics anymore; too much wind noise when you're going like 10-15 mph. I can swap to something with a dynamic after I get to work though, I've been bringing the Tralucent 1Plus2 recently for that. It just depends on if I'm feeling like one IEM for the day or 2 IEMs haha
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #4,512 of 4,956
can anyone recomend foam tips, i dont know which one to choose on ebay. thanks

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4,515 of 4,956
from post #4420

Also questions about what size comply foam tips I think are answered by using the list of "other compatible models" given on PenonAudio's site for Vsonic foam eartips that fit the VSD3x,  and running them on ComplyFoam's "tip finder."   Results all point to the 100 series :)   That said the cheaper Sony Earphones Plus EP-TR series with a connection hole diameter 3.5mm also look doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back