The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Mar 10, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #4,306 of 4,956
Thinking of DIY this neutrik right Angeled jack for my vsd3.I can sauter, but am unsure of how vsonic color codes the wire... :0
@danielkrego
You think jerry would mind if I asked? Lmao
http://www.tradeindia.com/Seller-6799457-JERRY-NORONHA-ELECTRONIC-EMPORIUM/#contact

LoL, you might end up paying jerry $s thru paypal? :wink: ......well, you can just cut the wire (say 3-4") before the jack end and test (continuity) the bare wires to the 3 poles, which wire terminates to which pole using a MM and do it the same way on the new jack, if you really want to give DIY a shot with your new 3.5mm jack of your flavor (IF you know of basic/little knowledge of soldering)......It is 2 colors,Red/Green/Blue to L+ and R+ and the single, common Ground,Golden/Copper colored splits @ Y joint to label them as L- & R-.........

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #4,308 of 4,956
  'Jerry' did mention that the job confused him at first, because he's used to (paraphrasing his words now) "a three-wire setup, not five". But he managed it nonetheless.

Yeah, they used 2 wires each for L & R positive and one for common ground and no color sheathing either to differentiate the channels,so a little confusion there.......but its an easy way to track those 2 pairs.

And its an very reasonable price for both the angled Neutrik ( ofcourse 2nd grade) 3.5mm jack+labor......

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #4,309 of 4,956

@Shawn71@DanielKRegoThanks for the replies. Looks like this project is going to take a lot of hard work. I've done soldering projects before, but not on audio components. Another issue I have is the silver shielding before the Y split is gaping, exposing some of the right channel wires? IDK if it is a big deal. 

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #4,310 of 4,956

@Shawn71@DanielKRegoThanks for the replies. Looks like this project is going to take a lot of hard work. I've done soldering projects before, but not on audio components. Another issue I have is the silver shielding before the Y split is gaping, exposing some of the right channel wires? IDK if it is a big deal. 

Don't think its covered under warranty, as its an external cosmetic blemishes ("subject to user's wear & tear") and the cable still drives the IEMs, IF yours an removable version.......you can tape it over the exposed before it gets worse. (lookin @ the picture its not a big deal to me).

if Non-removable version,you can check with the seller......

btw, Just basic soldering is all needed to work on these wires as there's no electronic components involved nor we disturb the drivers/shells.......so you are very much green to go,if you want to kick off. :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #4,315 of 4,956

update 2\26 (it's been about two months)
my red-blue vsd3 non-detachable from LMUE is crackling T.T
it has to do with the 3.5 jack. when i touch the base of the jack the sound will become grainy. going to go see if i can get them to send me a new one
blink.gif

/edit
@krow

Sorry for the late reply, exams -_- And damn that sucks!! Did you get a replacement?
And a 2 month lifespan sounds a bit scary to me now. I'm already on my 3rd week :'(

Quote:
  So I got the dead jack on my VSD3S replaced with a beefy, all-metal Neutrik jack, with a thick, soft and flexible rubber strain relief that flexes very compliantly with tugs of the cable at various angles. Very confidence-inspiring.

Just want to know, how's the sound quality? Any deterioration or such? Asking cause, I attempted changing jacks once (by myself) and the sound completely messed upIf the sound afterwards and I've had a superstition that changing jacks causes problems since ._.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4,316 of 4,956
New vsonic earphones for this year

"New products VSD2, VSD2S are planned to be released on March 18 17:00 on Tianmao. There will be only 2000 sets available with a price of 199 CNY (literally less than 40 USD). With the order, you will get another pair of VSONIC 16th anniversary special earphones, which shares the same design as GR06 but with new drivers."

-vsonic gr07 special edition has same drivers as upcoming vsd9
"The price would be around 2399 CNY (~400 USD) for the 50 ohm version and 4999 CNY (~820 USD) for the 200 ohm version."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/758168/2015-vsonic-iem-lineup-vsd2-vsd7-vsd9

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #4,317 of 4,956

You'd be suprised how hard it is to A-B-C and really tell much significant difference between W4 VSD3 and GR07. Major difference is sibilance in VSD3 and much more organic sound of GR07.  W4 is best sounding overall but not by much and it sounds way more artifical than the GR07.

I have to pick one of the 3 it would be GR07. If I had to pick based on price it would be VSD3 by a huge margin. The VSD3 has some really bad sibilance that makes me upset sometimes though I'm hoping it dies off after awhile. 

Posting in preparation for VSONIC VSD7 & VSD9

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #4,318 of 4,956
Could someone please describe the differences between the VSD3 and VSD3S? I'd be willing to bet it's written all over the place in this thread/forum but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks so much!!

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #4,319 of 4,956
LMUE is offering a replacement, but I've got to pay for shipping fees to their office in Singapore. pay for shipping, then install the neutrik jack, or keep the old one and install the neutrik jack? lmao decisions, decisions @Shawn71

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,320 of 4,956
  LMUE is offering a replacement, but I've got to pay for shipping fees to their office in Singapore. pay for shipping, then install the neutrik jack, or keep the old one and install the neutrik jack? lmao decisions, decisions @Shawn71

Well, assuming yours an non-detachable VSD3S thats the only choice left to you......so you better get the cable replaced during the very warranty period and hop onto your DIY jack project then,if you ask me/If I were you (if at all you planned to DIY the neutrik jack, for sure)....... And btw, the stock straight jack can be covered with heat shrink tube if you want, otherwise its perfectly ok, to me....but yeah bit long one tho......

Mind you, there will be more wait time (door to door) for transit and customs,as its both ways.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back