The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Mar 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #4,338 of 4,956
LMUE said that i could just ship the broken vsd3 in a straight up envelope since they were already broken. I have to pay for shipping fees b/c it's been over 30 days, unfortunately. thought it was nbd 'till i took a look at the shipping cost for something .05 kg... was about ~ 50 USD from the midwest to singapore. idk if the estimate is correct (from UPS).

So, I just bought the Neutrik NTP3RC-B Stereo Right Angle Plug 3.5mm.

probably going to slip some heatshrink on the joints aswell. @squallkiercosa

LMAO! and the twist ties on the earguides. RIP ears @B9Scrambler 

//edit
also, my right line cable is starting to go green. Does oxidizing hurt? I think it's b/c i've got a little perforation on the top layer sleeve material.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #4,339 of 4,956
  LMUE said that i could just ship the broken vsd3 in a straight up envelope since they were already broken. I have to pay for shipping fees b/c it's been over 30 days, unfortunately. thought it was nbd 'till i took a look at the shipping cost for something .05 kg... was about ~ 50 USD from the midwest to singapore. idk if the estimate is correct (from UPS).

So, I just bought the Neutrik NTP3RC-B Stereo Right Angle Plug 3.5mm.

probably going to slip some heatshrink on the joints aswell. @squallkiercosa

LMAO! and the twist ties on the earguides. RIP ears @B9Scrambler 

//edit
also, my right line cable is starting to go green. Does oxidizing hurt? I think it's b/c i've got a little perforation on the top layer sleeve material.

Why did you try UPS for intl? USPS is cheapest...... UPS/FedeX only good for ground within ConUS......

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #4,340 of 4,956
  Here is my solution to the lack of strain reliefs. It ain't pretty, but it's worked very well. Surprisingly comfortable still too.

Like @Midgetguy quoted, it might be dis-comfort for the ears, rather you cld use the stock ear-guides, that's serves well too......otherwise its ok on the jack end.

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #4,341 of 4,956
I understand the relief on the jack and y-split, but I'm pretty surprised about the sections on the housings. That looks like it would be terribly uncomfortable for wrapping over my ear.

Its surprisingly very comfortable. Much better than the included ear guides since its thinner and less intrusive. When I first installed it I thought it would be horrible, but nope. I've had them on there for months...don't even notice it.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #4,343 of 4,956
  i'm sure many are wondering how the vsd3s stacks up against their older brothers the vsd5, and  here is just a glimpse of whats to come. Quick visual comparison btw the vsd3s, vsd5, and gr07be

Seems there is different bigger driver than one on VSD3S.
No, VSD5 driver has same diameter like VSD3/S 2/S, 10mm, same geometry but different tuning - maybe different diaphragm material/proprietes.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #4,344 of 4,956
  i'm sure many are wondering how the vsd3s stacks up against their older brothers the vsd5, and  here is just a glimpse of whats to come. Quick visual comparison btw the vsd3s, vsd5, and gr07be

Nice size comparison Tom22.....btw,VSD3/3S is older brother to VSD5
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #4,345 of 4,956
  Nice size comparison Tom22.....btw,VSD3/3S is older brother to VSD5
wink.gif

thanks! haha my mistake.... i got the numbers confused! thanks for catching that! 

btw just incase no one here knows already, but the vsd5 has a vent compared to the fully sealed vsd3s 

i wonder how that impacts isolation (its rather small though)

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #4,346 of 4,956
Its surprisingly very comfortable. Much better than the included ear guides since its thinner and less intrusive. When I first installed it I thought it would be horrible, but nope. I've had them on there for months...don't even notice it.

Haha, sure doesn't look that way. But hey, what works works right? Personally the included ear guides feel perfectly comfortable on my ears so I never tried putting twist ties around for relief anyway.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #4,348 of 4,956

The jack alone cost approximately 5 US dollars, which would strike me as what one would expect of a single original Neutrik plug? And there's sign that what I've got is not the actual Neutrik plug.

So its not the Neutrik logo embossed on it ? or its in a diff way to look like it when seen little far but its not when closely looked upon? anyway the purpose solved in a neat budget way, end of the day.......

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #4,349 of 4,956

thanks! haha my mistake.... i got the numbers confused! thanks for catching that! 

btw just incase no one here knows already, but the vsd5 has a vent compared to the fully sealed vsd3s 

i wonder how that impacts isolation (its rather small though)

My VSD3S already had two vents: small on front and small between edges on the outer part, so I think VSD5 would be identical (in isolation I mean).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back