The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #3,572 of 4,956
  OK, so that Vsonic announcement about 11.11 and the three releases is the following - new VSD1S for 99 yuan (~$16), Gr02 for history lowest 69 yuan (~$11) and red vsd3s for 199 yuan(~$33). Apparently this will be only A Chinese thing but if anyone from China reads this thread he might want to check this promotion out.

Oh, not that bad, I would buy another VSD3S for that price...

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3,573 of 4,956
i live in china which gave me an easy access to purchase vsonic products.

pre story
my ath-ck 10 broke literally 5 times within 4 years period and i had to get it fixed frequently and this is why i gave up on this iem and know the importance of detachable cables on expensive iem.
i read alot of reviews before purchasing this $300 ath-ck10 iem and were told they were extremely durable etc. etc. i was tricked into buying it. durability on this iem is bs since mine broke in first year. plastics came off etc. NOT DURABLE trust me im prob the only guy in this entire forum who used ck10 for 4+ years most reviewers only used 2weeks to 1 month at max to review and gave untrue reviews. They feel durable, but they are not.

now
i bought vsd3 (not the s version) for my brother and were blown away by the quality of the music at this price range. the bass is sick (i know its not appropriate head-fi language but hey i love it) mids similar to shure 535 (thank god i did not buy that), highs were not the strong point on vsd3, but is better at vsd3s.

i then purchase another vsd3 (for myself this time) with an additional upgraded silver cable both came with 1 year warrantee at the price of 58usd including shipping fee of course (Only in china i dont expect u guys to get them at 58 price range at other countries)
and if mine were to break after a year? NO PROBLEM just buy another one no hassle cause its cheap.
the accessory... dont get me started. S/M/L tips, double flange tip, softer version of comply tips, ear handles, soft pouch all of them to me its perfect. If you want some high quality sht like a metal plate holding your eartips that you never gonna use feel free to look for another brand and pay alot more lol.

and to anyone interested in buying these, a newer version vsd5 may release at around 20 novemeber. im going to buy that too since it provide different sound quality similar to sony ex1000 (which i was told).

i cannot provide difference sq on the upgraded cable because i wanted to give it more time, but all i can say its an improvement overall.

this iem are a steal its like making a vaccine, which you pay sht load to research and and create , you then replicate and sell for cheap to help the poor people. XD

and like what chris brown would say "go get some" LOL

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3,575 of 4,956
  i bought vsd3 (not the s version) for my brother and were blown away by the quality of the music at this price range. the bass is sick (i know its not appropriate head-fi language but hey i love it) mids similar to shure 535 (thank god i did not buy that), highs were not the strong point on vsd3, but is better at vsd3s.

trust me buddy, try koss kdx series. the bass only gets sicker. kdx100 shares a lot of similarities with vsonic soundstage size & positioning. definitely not a step back. on the treble side, there is a clear difference but it's hard to determine which is best. koss treble is more laidback, not aggressive like vsd3 but feels more refined when amped enough (8-16khz equalizer amplification). i didn't used vsd3s yet so i'm empty about it. i'm happy to see someone cares & mentions the bass btw. gimme 5 :)

i then purchase another vsd3 (for myself this time) with an additional upgraded silver cable both came with 1 year warrantee at the price of 58usd including shipping fee of course (Only in china i dont expect u guys to get them at 58 price range at other countries)
and if mine were to break after a year? NO PROBLEM just buy another one no hassle cause its cheap.
the accessory... dont get me started. S/M/L tips, double flange tip, softer version of comply tips, ear handles, soft pouch all of them to me its perfect. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4aJqATGbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxHyurXyFc

i did bought mine from penon for $45. because of the fault they sent me the silver cable for $10 in hopes to recover but it didn't helped. they let me keep the silver cable and they're gonna "issue" my $10 (i don't know what they mean by issue but i think it's a payback right ?). this things just happen in earphones so the price matters more as you said. and i saw no difference in sq with that cable (with my setup at least) so i think we need to spend money to earphones itselves.

whatever, i did bought GR02 from LMUE for $25, believe me it's the same VSD3 if not better :) i think the mid layering is a bit long in depth instead of the vertical placement in the VSD3 & KDX100, and treble seemed somewhat more involving with vocals & mids and bass feels somewhat better but if there's really a difference it must be very small because i still feeling every frequency seperation & wide soundstage enough. with the depth added in GR02 it became more like to Brainwavz R1 which had the best soundstage depth i've seen so far. i'm glad vsonic for this products because R1 was a power hungry, amplifier needed earphone...

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #3,576 of 4,956
a newer version vsd5 may release at around 20 novemeber. im going to buy that too since it provide different sound quality similar to sony ex1000 (which i was told).

where did you get this information

EDIT:
  As far as the VSD5 is concerned, I'll believe it when I see it.

you beat me to it

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #3,577 of 4,956
OK, so that Vsonic announcement about 11.11 and the three releases is the following - new VSD1S for 99 yuan (~$16), Gr02 for history lowest 69 yuan (~$11) and red vsd3s for 199 yuan(~$33). Apparently this will be only A Chinese thing but if anyone from China reads this thread he might want to check this promotion out.

The vsd1S & gr02 is a really a steal......any idea about gr02 model? like BE/pro silver?.....funds allocated for these vsonic quota.... :wink: btw,I waited too long for your inputs on Blue GR07 CE but to disappointment :wink: so my maroon CE on its way.....:D
btw,chief, bwavz R3,need a one word confirmation from you,its worth buying now or not....have vsd1LE,vsd3S,CE on its way besides some western brands...and waiting for vsd5,B3,B6.....

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3,578 of 4,956
The vsd1S & gr02 is a really a steal......any idea about gr02 model? like BE/pro silver?.....funds allocated for these vsonic quota....
wink.gif
btw,I waited too long for your inputs on Blue GR07 CE but to disappointment
wink.gif
so my maroon CE on its way.....
biggrin.gif

btw,chief, bwavz R3,need a one word confirmation from you,its worth buying now or not....have vsd1LE,vsd3S,CE on its way besides some western brands...and waiting for vsd5,B3,B6.....

No idea - probably BE. Personally I thought gr02BE was pretty decent although a bit too V-shaped for my liking. Yeah, kinda gave up on the CE waiting for the vsd7 and given joker's impressions decided not to get one. As far as R3 goes, it's a great sounding iem and at the current promotion price of $89.50 + a free brainwavz AP001 amp is an awesome bargain IMO. Can't guarantee you no fit issues even though I was also sceptical at first but got a great fit in the end. If I didn't have one I would be buying it now at this price but that's just me.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #3,579 of 4,956
  at the current promotion price of $89.50 + a free brainwavz AP001 amp is an awesome bargain IMO

what's this now... when this happened ? i'll end up in bankruptcy... i think i'm doing a mistake buying gr07 classic, i can cancel it. oh this sucks... maybe i can upgrade amp + delta to r3 + amp, it still didn't shipped. hmmmmm... or i can buy them all muhaha... somebody stop me...

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #3,580 of 4,956
  what's this now... when this happened ? i'll end up in bankruptcy... i think i'm doing a mistake buying gr07 classic, i can cancel it. oh this sucks... maybe i can upgrade amp + delta to r3 + amp, it still didn't shipped. hmmmmm... or i can buy them all muhaha... somebody stop me...

If you bought from LMUE, good luck cause they don't accept returns.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #3,585 of 4,956
LMUE does returns, you just have to pay return shipping (no more than $12). The GR07 is an all time classic, so I don't know why you'd want to cancel it, unless you think you wouldn't like the signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back