The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #3,604 of 4,956

Using the large stock Havi B3 Pro 1 tips. They seal great and are easy to deal with.

You can try something that offers a lighter seal. Bass relies on an air tight seal, by finding a tip that seals less you allow some air around the canal, therefore less bass.

There's not really a tip that will just lessen mid-bass, but you can loosen the seal to adjust it.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #3,605 of 4,956

You can try something that offers a lighter seal. Bass relies on an air tight seal, by finding a tip that seals less you allow some air around the canal, therefore less bass.

There's not really a tip that will just lessen mid-bass, but you can loosen the seal to adjust it.

Ahh okay, I didn't know that. Learning new something everyday! I will try a smaller size tip, thanks meng :)

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #3,607 of 4,956

Ahh okay, I didn't know that. Learning new something everyday! I will try a smaller size tip, thanks meng :)

You can try these linked below, I'm using them on my VSD3S atm.

Bottom of my post (cheap too)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725161/fidue-a83-impressions-and-discussion-thread/465#post_11020121

I have used Havi tips, while they fit well they do create quite an amount of bass. The thickness of the tip also seems to effect bass output I've found from testing, using something with a thinner wall seems to help (those tips in the link have thinner walls)

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #3,608 of 4,956

You can try these linked below, I'm using them on my VSD3S atm.

Bottom of my post (cheap too)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725161/fidue-a83-impressions-and-discussion-thread/465#post_11020121

I have used Havi tips, while they fit well they do create quite an amount of bass. The thickness of the tip also seems to effect bass output I've found from testing, using something with a thinner wall seems to help (those tips in the link have thinner walls)

Sweet, them are some swanky looking tips! The white ones atleast. They look similar to my Sony Non foam hybrids however, would those suffice?

Didn't know about the thickness affecting bass output, some food for thought. I am gonna order e

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #3,609 of 4,956

Sweet, them are some swanky looking tips! The white ones atleast. They look similar to my Sony Non foam hybrids however, would those suffice?

Didn't know about the thickness affecting bass output, some food for thought. I am gonna order e

They're different.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #3,610 of 4,956
Hey bud, I have been finding the VSD3 to be a bit too prominent in the midbass department. Any suggestions for tips that might tame the bass? Cheers

You could try equalising... use the frequency response graph as reference...

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,611 of 4,956

Hey bud, I have been finding the VSD3 to be a bit too prominent in the midbass department. Any suggestions for tips that might tame the bass? Cheers

I'm happy with included foam tips, like them a lot, better than Comply.  I typically use large size tips, but these are medium and as H2O pointed out with a bit of a lesser seal you tame down some bass.  Plus, they have a medium bore opening, not too narrow (usually attenuates high frequencies to bring out more bass) or too wide (lets the high frequencies on a loose).  Of course, YMMV but these work for me.  My other go-to tips are UE900 silicone tips.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #3,612 of 4,956
I will give the stock and included foam tips another try as I neglected those after a negative first impression. Hopefully it rectifies my concern
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,613 of 4,956
I will give the stock and included foam tips another try as I neglected those after a negative first impression. Hopefully it rectifies my concern :beerchug:

The stock tips does the job well,to me too......sure its not an issue with the fit as well,to most,as the stock has 3 sizes to try with.....

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,614 of 4,956
You could try equalising...

+1 to that. vsd3 comes with 250-500hz frequencies amplified. try lowering them, you may need to lower 125hz as well, if you want more deep bass. but i recommend to try getting used to it because it feels more natural this way. with my song list at least... lowering them will give you a more relaxed signature but it will lose the naturality of strong bass frequencies. i think vsd3 has fair amount of them. not too much like koss kdx100 or not too flat like kdx200, something in between. actually it's very alike to meelectronics m-duo on this. but still a little bit lower.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3,615 of 4,956
+1 to that. vsd3 comes with 250-500hz frequencies amplified. try lowering them, you may need to lower 125hz as well, if you want more deep bass. but i recommend to try getting used to it because it feels more natural this way. with my song list at least... lowering them will give you a more relaxed signature but it will lose the naturality of strong bass frequencies. i think vsd3 has fair amount of them. not too much like koss kdx100 or not too flat like kdx200, something in between. actually it's very alike to meelectronics m-duo on this. but still a little bit lower.

I'll try this later and report back. Then again they might not work if vsd3s sound nothing like the vsd3. Currently enjoying my eq-ed HFI-580 and some Coldplay lol.

I feel like my previously posted eq works (to my tastes) with mellow/warm sounding tracks (A7X, Blink 182, Coldplay albums). Avicii's True sounds like crap with it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back