The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,556 of 4,956
See you soon friend...

and don't forget to add "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet"
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #3,558 of 4,956
  i don't know others but that's definitely not me. i'm not planning to use anything above $100 but it's human nature so who knows... yes btw, i've learned a lot of things on this way. 6 months ago i was a 10 years $15 earbud user who wants a little more loud volume and bass. now look at me, talking about soundstage parameters, frequency seperation etc. finding a model which costs less and provides more is turning me on. i like to support such products.

The more you hang out at headfi, the more resistance is somewhat futile - so please report back in a year and let us know how you're doing!  The one thing you have going for you is that you can get pretty amazing iems now for <$100, so maybe that will be your saving grace (it's been my saving grace to some extent).

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #3,559 of 4,956

The more you hang out at headfi, the more resistance is somewhat futile - so please report back in a year and let us know how you're doing!  The one thing you have going for you is that you can get pretty amazing iems now for <$100, so maybe that will be your saving grace (it's been my saving grace to some extent).

Resistance is futile. I've pretty much given into temptation and just buy whatever I want. Well, not whatever I want, but I wouldn't hesitate purchasing something I like. 

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,560 of 4,956
Resistance is futile. I've pretty much given into temptation and just buy whatever I want. Well, not whatever I want, but I wouldn't hesitate purchasing something I like. 

Or something that you HOPE you will like (based on the hype of the day!).

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #3,561 of 4,956
  i don't know others but that's definitely not me. i'm not planning to use anything above $100 but it's human nature so who knows... yes btw, i've learned a lot of things on this way. 6 months ago i was a 10 years $15 earbud user who wants a little more loud volume and bass. now look at me, talking about soundstage parameters, frequency seperation etc. finding a model which costs less and provides more is turning me on. i like to support such products.

Trust me, in this hobby (obsession), you'll always want something better.

You could start small with minor differences in price. After a while, you'll get the itch to increase to something with a more substantial difference in sound or build quality. After all, the current cables on your IEM are falling apart.

You start doing your research. There a myriad models to choose from. All of them do something good, some even well. But not everything fits your preferences. So your quest to search for a reasonably priced, but great sounding IEM continues. Eventually, you'll find something great amidst the sea of similarly priced earphones. You'll love them, for awhile.

Next, you'll be wondering what the mid-to-high end models sound like. After all, they're getting rave reviews and look pretty sweet, too! All that talk about a big soundstage, great imaging, extended bass reach, treble sparkle, blah blah. You'll finally convince yourself to splash a few hundred on a crowd favorite IEM. Once you put them on, you'll tell yourself, "WOW, this is really good!".

You'll be enjoying this IEM for a while, but then your eyes and heart will start to wander. The allure of Head-Fi is too strong. You'll start wondering what improvements those high-end and TOTL IEMS will bring to the table. You start hearing about some 4-6 driver flagship that has been garnering reviews. They have this low pass filter or some class leading detail retrieval. Basically, these are the best of the best universal IEMs. Everybody says they are great. You want a piece of the action.

You finally break the bank to get one of these IEMs. THEY ARE AMAZING! You'll probably think (and should) be at your end-game, or at least for the next few years. These IEMs will cost a lot, but hey, they are well worth it. You're in audio nirvana.

And then you start hearing about customs. What? 12 drivers? Frequency Phase? ADEL? What is this, voodoo magic? Gold nuggets? Wizard design? I can put my charming face on them?! WOWWWWWW! 
eek.gif

TLDR - It never ends, pal. We're one happy community here. If we like it, we'll buy it. Real sorry about your wallet.  Enjoy your stay!

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #3,562 of 4,956
Anyone with experience with philips she9850??

Is it good at 40$ vs vsd3 at 45-50??

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,563 of 4,956
  Anyone with experience with philips she9850??

Is it good at 40$ vs vsd3 at 45-50??

Yeah, I used to love mine but I lent it to a friend and he lost it.The she9850 has more of the old shure sound - mid-centric and lush with fairly deep and tight bass. The treble is on the laid back side and lacks some extension though. With that said the vsd3s is better sounding overall with clearer and more spacious sound and better top extension. I would totally grab one now though from nostalgia as it was my first BA iem.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #3,564 of 4,956
  Yeah, I used to love mine but I lent it to a friend and he lost it.The she9850 has more of the old shure sound - mid-centric and lush with fairly deep and tight bass. The treble is on the laid back side and lacks some extension though. With that said the vsd3s is better sounding overall with clearer and more spacious sound and better top extension. I would totally grab one now though from nostalgia as it was my first BA iem.

My first ba was mee a151p and contrary to this had almost nil bass...............but clarity was superb.Someone stole it on delhi metro while i was travelling
mad.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,565 of 4,956

My first ba was mee a151p and contrary to this had almost nil bass...............but clarity was superb.Someone stole it on delhi metro while i was travelling
mad.gif

Well, she9850 has quite solid bass for a single BA and in comparison to a151p but the vsonics are just better overall but have different signature and presentation, so personal preference comes into play.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,569 of 4,956
OK, so that Vsonic announcement about 11.11 and the three releases is the following - new VSD1S for 99 yuan (~$16), Gr02 for history lowest 69 yuan (~$11) and red vsd3s for 199 yuan(~$33). Apparently this will be only A Chinese thing but if anyone from China reads this thread he might want to check this promotion out.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3,570 of 4,956
  OK, so that Vsonic announcement about 11.11 and the three releases is the following - new VSD1S for 99 yuan (~$16), Gr02 for history lowest 69 yuan (~$11) and red vsd3s for 199 yuan(~$33). Apparently this will be only A Chinese thing but if anyone from China reads this thread he might want to check this promotion out.

So they're lowering the retail price for those items?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back