The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,526 of 4,956
Well, there is. You have a clearance sale when you replace old and discontinued models with new ones - not just because you want to make place for new inventory coz the people who want gr07 will get gr07 and the people who are waiting for vsd7 will get vsd7 - obviously gr07ce and vsd7 aren't meant to compete with each other [SIZE=12.8000001907349px]on the market[/SIZE] as the vsd7 will cost almost double. LMUE already cleared their inventory with the year old sale of the discontinued gr07mk2 and the permanent drop in price of gr07be. Now they are just having a sale. As already proven by LMUE and vsonic one can't just make a clearance sale based on internal information as last year LMUE had an official clearance sale of gr07 to make way for vsd7 and IMO they just lost a lot of money as now more than a year later there's still no vsd7.

Firstly, retailers have a very tightly knit relationship with manufacturers and are usually told way ahead of time whenever a new product is arriving. They do this because it allows the retailer to clear old inventory to make room for said new product. Retailers never have to do any guess work when it comes to when something is being released. This is especially true with specialty retailers like LMUE. This is also why you see leaks from retailer websites all the time, when they accidentally post a product that hasn't been announced yet. Secondly, sales happen because retailer wants to move product, period. You don't have a sale for the sake of having a sale.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,528 of 4,956
I'm excited about the new Dunu models bound to be released pretty soon since a couple of their other items are on sale :wink:

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,529 of 4,956
Firstly, retailers have a very tightly knit relationship with manufacturers and are usually told way ahead of time whenever a new product is arriving. They do this because it allows the retailer to clear old inventory to make room for said new product. Retailers never have to do any guess work when it comes to when something is being released. This is especially true with specialty retailers like LMUE. This is also why you see leaks from retailer websites all the time, when they accidentally post a product that hasn't been announced yet. Secondly, sales happen because retailer wants to move product, period. You don't have a sale for the sake of having a sale.

I told you already - tight relations with vsonic mean nothing. LMUE dropped the gr07's price with $50 last year specifically because Vsonic was supposed to release the vsd7 last year. They should have known and guessed better.
biggrin.gif
 As we all know with vsonic an official announcement for a product means that the product most likely will be released within the next couple of years. We don't need leaks from retailers like LMUE as Vsonic's CEO is constantly leaking info. And, yeah, of course, the purpose of a retailer is to sell stuff - I'm just saying that just because a vsonic product is discounted doesn't mean that it is on sale because they are trying to free inventory space for vsd7. Hell, even vsd5 [size=12.8000001907349px]probably [/size]won't be released before early 2015. Yeah, Vsonic were supposed to release a small batch of vsd7 this year but there's no need for a clearance sale if such a miraculous event occurs coz there won't be more than a few dozen vsd7 units leaving China even if that happens

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #3,530 of 4,956
Have to agree with kova,vsonic has negative credibility in following timelines.

They seem to work on a different dimension to us mortals.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,531 of 4,956
I told you already - tight relations with vsonic mean nothing. LMUE dropped the gr07's price with $50 last year specifically because Vsonic was supposed to release the vsd7 last year. They should have known and guessed better. :D  As we all know with vsonic an official announcement for a product means that the product most likely will be released within the next couple of years. We don't need leaks from retailers like LMUE as Vsonic's CEO is constantly leaking info. And, yeah, of course, the purpose of a retailer is to sell stuff - I'm just saying that just because a vsonic product is discounted doesn't mean that it is on sale because they are trying to free inventory space for vsd7. Hell, even vsd5 [SIZE=12.8000001907349px]probably [/SIZE]won't be released before early 2015. Yeah, Vsonic were supposed to release a small batch of vsd7 this year but there's no need for a clearance sale if such a miraculous event occurscoz there won't be more than a few dozen vsd7 units leaving China even if that happens

As I've said, there no such thing as guess work for retail, so LMUE did not mistakenly lower the price because they "thought" a new headphone was coming soon. It was more likely that they lowered the price simply as a response to the announcement of a new headphone, which believe it or not affects sales, cause in the eye of the consumer it's already outdated.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #3,533 of 4,956
As I've said, there no such thing as guess work for retail, so LMUE did not mistakenly lower the price because they "thought" a new headphone was coming soon. It was more likely that they lowered the price simply as a response to the announcement of a new headphone, which believe it or not affects sales, cause in the eye of the consumer it's already outdated.

You don't seem to understand me. I already told you that they didn't mistakenly lower the price based on thoughts or what they "more likely" did - it was an official clearance sale, which was announced. Now, they aren't announcing anything, first, because vsd7 is not replacing gr07ce and they are meant to coexist in different price brackets and second, they've already learned their lesson and won't be losing money over anything less than an actual official release from vsonic. So just go with the flow and accept it's just a sale of a few models. You can't assume that every time a retailer has a sale it's because a new product is coming to replace the one that is on sale now. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #3,534 of 4,956
I'm with dinerenblanc here.

Thanks for the earlier fr graph of VSD3S. Now I know how to set the eq on neutron

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3,535 of 4,956
I'm not taking any sides because arguments that people feel the need to tell the involved parties to calm down should have gone to private message anyways.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #3,536 of 4,956
You don't seem to understand me. I already told you that they didn't mistakenly lower the price based on thoughts or what they "more likely" did - it was an official clearance sale, which was announced. Now, they aren't announcing anything, first, because vsd7 is not replacing gr07ce and they are meant to coexist in different price brackets and second, they've already learned their lesson and won't be losing money over anything less than an actual official release from vsonic. So just go with the flow and accept it's just a sale of a few models. You can't assume that every time a retailer has a sale it's because a new product is coming to replace the one that is on sale now. 

Like I said, the idea that VSonic is releasing something new is just an assumption, but retailers don't have sales to be thoughtful like you've stated. My point was never about whether VSonic is releasing something new or not, but why businesses have sales. Businesses don't stay in business for being thoughtful. And while they might not be moving product for something new from VSonic, it doesn't mean that they're not getting new product from other companies. You've become so focused on making your argument about VSonic that you forgot that there are other headphone companies and space has to be made for those companies as well. VSonic items are not the only stuff that's on sale here. The brand doesn't matter, what matters is that they're moving old product. Not to metion that the Havi B6 is reportedly being released soon.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #3,537 of 4,956
Like I said, the idea that VSonic is releasing something new is just an assumption, but retailers don't have sales to be thoughtful like you've stated. My point was never about whether VSonic is releasing something new or not, but why businesses have sales. Businesses don't stay in business for being thoughtful. And while they might not be moving product for something new from VSonic, it doesn't mean that they're not getting new product from other companies. You've become so focused on making your argument about VSonic that you forgot that there are other headphone companies and space has to be made for those companies as well. VSonic items are not the only stuff that's on sale here. The brand doesn't matter, what matters is that they're moving old product. Not to metion that the Havi B6 is reportedly being released soon.

[size=12.8000001907349px] Again you're misunderstanding me and comment on general marketing stuff. My comments were only related to this post of yours and you implying that they are moving product exactly because of vsd7

Quote:
  I wonder if any of you have the same idea that LMUR is having this sale to move product in preparation for the upcoming successor to the GR07. The talk of said successor goes back a back a whole year, and with the holidays coming up, it's a good time to release it. 

[/size]
IMO while vsd7 is supposed to be released (hopefully soon) this sale has nothing to do with it. You can take the "thoughtful" thing and LMUE's official explanation of this sale as more of a thoughtful way for them to get more sales from customers from abroad, who want to buy stuff for the holiday season but might be worried that a Black Friday sale or a later Christmas sale will be too late for the packages to arrive before the end of the year, so instead they can purchase them at a discount now and have plenty of time for the slow postal services to do the deliveries on time.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,538 of 4,956
IMO while vsd7 is supposed to be released (hopefully soon) this sale has nothing to do with it. You can take the "thoughtful" thing and LMUE's official explanation of this sale as more of a thoughtful way for them to get more sales from customers from abroad, who want to buy stuff for the holiday season but might be worried that a Black Friday sale or a later Christmas sale will be too late for the packages to arrive before the end of the year, so instead they can purchase them at a discount now and have plenty of time for the slow postal services to do the deliveries on time.

I have this feeling that you're just skimming my comment so I'm just going to say that my comment about the GR07 successor is just speculation, and my argument is against your statement that LMUE is having a sale because he's thoughtful, and we all know what you meant when you said thoughtful. You're free to disagree with my speculation, but your understanding on how retail works is simply false. If you want to continue this discussion, PM me. There's no reason for me to repeat everything.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #3,539 of 4,956
I have this feeling that you're just skimming my comment so I'm just going to say that my comment about the GR07 successor is just speculation, and my argument is against your statement that LMUE is having a sale because he's thoughtful, and we all know what you meant when you said thoughtful. You're free to disagree with my speculation, but your understanding on how retail works is simply false. If you want to continue this discussion, PM me. There's no reason for me to repeat everything.

Nah, not skimming - just you comments don't hold any solid argument and the point of the whole discussion got lost a page ago. Anyway, not need to argue and try to speculate why LMUE is having a sale - they are having a sale to make money from more customers - the reason for any sale. 
So let's just agree that they just "thoughtfully" made an earlier sale. Quote:
Lend Me UR ears Year end sale

Hi everyone! 

As we have customers in almost all parts of the world, we decided to conduct our year end sales earlier so that everyone gets their goodies just in time for the festive season since shipping during this period will might take longer. 

These prices will be the lowest that we will go for this holiday season. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,540 of 4,956
Some time back kova was accusing me of lecturing others,lol

oops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back