The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Oct 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #3,136 of 4,956
What tips are you guys using with your set? Just got mine yesterday, impressed but they're a PITA to put in. I'm using the foam tips at the moment, giving them a dry run whilst I'm out and about, I had a quick go with the stock double flange last night but couldn't seem to get a great seal.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #3,137 of 4,956
  What are you doing that's causing them to break? Do you wrap them around your DAP? Are you pulling them by the strain? Even if things fail, it's hard for them to break unless you're being rough with them. 

I am quite carefull with them, always wrap them around my fingers into a bundle and keep them in the pouch. Problem with the cable, as opposed to that of the GR07, is that it seems that the wiring is twisting inside the cable. Maybe this is what causes the cable failure.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #3,138 of 4,956
Well, 2 weeks in and now the right channel no longer works unless i move the connector a certain way. So **** to be honest. What kind of warranty do these have? I threw away the packaging last week. Not impressed with these at all. The sound amazing but the cables are crap.
mad.gif

Can confirm. Happened after three weeks in my case.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #3,139 of 4,956
happened to me the day i got them, removed thw cable, put it back on, worked OK, then after a few days happened again, very annoying.
funny thing is most people complaint about the right channel, so i think it's a problem in their factory or something.

I'm never buying a Vsonic product again.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #3,140 of 4,956
those who were waiting for new cables lendmeurears has introduced silver cables for VSD3S. and existing customers will get a SGP 10 discount. check out the link
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd3-vsd3s-silver-upgrade-cable/

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,141 of 4,956
happened to me the day i got them, removed thw cable, put it back on, worked OK, then after a few days happened again, very annoying.
funny thing is most people complaint about the right channel, so i think it's a problem in their factory or something.

mine started with right side too but then spreaded to the left (or i found out that it's happening on both). it's annoying especially because actually we're buying these regard to low prices yet we need to spend more for the return shipping or upgrade cable. but let's be honest their sound is really well. accidents always happen so i'll continue using vsonic personally.

the alternative can be the brainwavz r1 though. i sold them already so i can't compare the two right now but as i remember r1 can compete with this. koss kdx100 can also but it has a more laid back treble.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,142 of 4,956

I am quite carefull with them, always wrap them around my fingers into a bundle and keep them in the pouch. Problem with the cable, as opposed to that of the GR07, is that it seems that the wiring is twisting inside the cable. Maybe this is what causes the cable failure.

The twisted design is called stranded cable and is actually supposed to make the cable more durable in that it can flex and bend more easily. It's also got better conduction. When you said it was broken I assumed you mean severed, which would be very hard to do without mistreating the cable in some way.

Why not just return them and get a new pair then? I know a couple people have been having problems (seems like the majority of people aren't), but if a company is willing to fix what went wrong and make good on things with a revised version, that tells you they care. Headphones in general are more apt to fail than most electronics, and while it's a pain, sometimes things go wrong. I've owned several headphones that have failed from various companies with various reputations. VSonic makes great products with amazing value for the money, so I wouldn't just write them off over one experience. That seems a little petty. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,147 of 4,956

Hmm I've used mine for about two hours, sure i've had one ear cut out a couple of times for a split second.

I've tried all of the tips now but just can't get a decent fit, tempted to go with comply tips or perhaps sure tips if they'll fit? Would the westone tips fit perhaps?

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #3,148 of 4,956
But everytime you need warranty then you have to bear the shipping cost of returning your earphones to the reseller right? What's the cheapest ship from Southeast Asia (Vietnam to be specific) to Singapore (LMUE). Sry I'm very inexperience with this shipping issue

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #3,149 of 4,956
  But everytime you need warranty then you have to bear the shipping cost of returning your earphones to the reseller right? What's the cheapest ship from Southeast Asia (Vietnam to be specific) to Singapore (LMUE). Sry I'm very inexperience with this shipping issue

Be thankful that Vsonic products tend to be overbuilt...

(Now everyone who has ever had a DOA or funky set of IEMs are going to flame me 
eek.gif
)

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3,150 of 4,956
  those who were waiting for new cables lendmeurears has introduced silver cables for VSD3S. and existing customers will get a SGP 10 discount. check out the link
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd3-vsd3s-silver-upgrade-cable/

those also fit shure iems correct?

@lvabign .. i just ordered a pair, hopefully it doesnt happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back