The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #3,122 of 4,956
It wasn't tampered with at all. Like someone said, it was likely that VSonic had forgotten to put the earphones in themselves and LMUE didn't look at the box. I sent an email about four hours ago and still no reply. I under stand though considering the owner is most likely half way across the world in Singapore. I just have to be patient.

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #3,123 of 4,956

Not really sure what you mean.  VSD3 or VSD3S is sold for about $45 (like here from Penonaudio: http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-VSD3S) and it comes with OFC cable.  If you want to upgrade it to silver-plated cable (more expensive, higher quality), you have to pay additional $32.50 - http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Upgraded-Cable

Pure silver cable is not available and I'm sure it will cost over $100, easily :)

Regarding first vs second/new batch of VSD3/VSD3S cables, I have black VSD3S from the original batch and blue/red VSD3S from the 2nd batch and also black VDS3 from the second batch, and connector improvement between first and second batches is noticeable.

Just to clarify this further, got an official reply from Penonaudio.  If you order just VSD3 or VSD3S, it will cost you $45 each.  If you already ordered these headphones and want an upgraded silver-plated cable, it will cost you $32.50 for the cable.  If you are ordering VSD3 or VSD3S right now and want the upgraded cable to be included in the bundle, the cable will cost you only an additional $15.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3,125 of 4,956
Aww snap, bummer for those of us who ordered right away!

Wonder if you can ping Penon and see if they can offer some discount if you ordered from them before? 

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3,126 of 4,956
Looks like LMUE got the silver upgrade cable for USD$35:
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd3-vsd3s-silver-upgrade-cable/?setCurrencyId=2

Previous VSD3/S buyers can get a SGD$10 discount. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,127 of 4,956
  Looks like LMUE got the silver upgrade cable for USD$35:
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsd3-vsd3s-silver-upgrade-cable/?setCurrencyId=2

Previous VSD3/S buyers can get a SGD$10 discount. 

Just saw that - I wonder if it is all silver or SPC...

I have asked that question in an email.... no response yet.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #3,129 of 4,956
  @twister6 mentioned here that it is silver-plated. And judging by the price, it's most likely that.

Most likely you are right - but considering how thin they are and the buying power of a larger company (as opposed to a cable maker/reseller) there could be a chance of all silver.

Vsonic is known for high performance on a budget.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,132 of 4,956
My left connection seems bad, anyone know of a link to just the regular cable? or is this new cable worth it (don't think anyone has heard it yet)?  I'm pretty sure my connection issue is the cable, if I wiggle it around it seems to be ok.

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #3,133 of 4,956
  My left connection seems bad, anyone know of a link to just the regular cable? or is this new cable worth it (don't think anyone has heard it yet)?  I'm pretty sure my connection issue is the cable, if I wiggle it around it seems to be ok.

regular cable is not available yet it seems, at least that's what penonaudio told me. they're only offering a complete replace or upgrade cable. they say it resolves the problem. i'm expecting my upgrade cable to arrive in a couple of days. there is a public holiday incoming, i hope it will arrive before that!

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,134 of 4,956
I ordered my VSD3s from lendmeurears. It says on the order status page "(Expected release date by 18th Oct 2014)" is this when its suppose to be delivered or can I except it to be delievered before than?

I'm using the candapost to track my package but its in en route for 5 days.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,135 of 4,956

Seems to be related to cable/connectors. My set had that problem, but I swapped them out several weeks ago for some Havi's so I can't comment on how these new ones might be. Mine either cut out or didn't based on how it was rotated/jiggled. They're a nice set of IEMs if they've fixed it! I just wish the housings were a little smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back