The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 28, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #3,091 of 4,956
What's the best tips for vsd3s?
I'm looking for some universal use tips, and I'm keen to Sony hybrids and JVC spiral dot ($20.00 really?!?!)

What are you guys using?

I prefer the spiral dot on my pair. I personally prefer these with wide bore tips but YMMV.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #3,092 of 4,956
hello guys i just started to read this thread, my vsd3 arrived with a cable fault too. i paid $10 to penon for the upgrade cable. this is going to be my first cable which has any amount of silver in it. i heard it's bad for werewolves though. normally i would be angry about this situation but it seems that word "silver" has a relaxing effect on people, including me. i wasn't thinking any cable upgrade for the next 100 years because i don't believe they are offering any difference but when penon asked me, i made up my mind in a 10 flashy second. whether it's pure or not, it contains silver after all right ? so we should be all okay. i think i'm slowly losing my mind y'all.

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #3,094 of 4,956
Thoroughly dissapointed with the cable quality of these, bought them last month after my GR07BE cable broke at the strain relief after 9 months of use and after less than a month the (noticably inferior) cable of the VSD3S has broken down at the strain relief as well. I am not amused...

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,095 of 4,956
What are you doing that's causing them to break? Do you wrap them around your DAP? Are you pulling them by the strain? Even if things fail, it's hard for them to break unless you're being rough with them. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #3,096 of 4,956
Well, 2 weeks in and now the right channel no longer works unless i move the connector a certain way. So **** to be honest. What kind of warranty do these have? I threw away the packaging last week. Not impressed with these at all. The sound amazing but the cables are crap. :mad:

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,097 of 4,956
Just received my red/blue pair from LMUE. These things are damn beautiful :p

Ordered September 13th, shipped on the 18th, reached Canada on the 23rd, and reached me on the 29th. 

Oh, and can confirm that these didn't come with the silver upgrade cable, so I'm assuming it's the same cable as before except with updated connectors.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #3,098 of 4,956
  Just received my red/blue pair from LMUE. These things are damn beautiful :p

Ordered September 13th, shipped on the 18th, reached Canada on the 23rd, and reached me on the 29th. 

Oh, and can confirm that these didn't come with the silver upgrade cable, so I'm assuming it's the same cable as before except with updated connectors.

Silver upgrade cable is a separate purchase.  What you got is VSD3S from a new batch with an updated (not upgraded cable) which has an improved connector and a different touch finish of the cable shielding.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #3,100 of 4,956
  can you link me a citation where it says this sorry I didnt read through the whole read

Not really sure what you mean.  VSD3 or VSD3S is sold for about $45 (like here from Penonaudio: http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-VSD3S) and it comes with OFC cable.  If you want to upgrade it to silver-plated cable (more expensive, higher quality), you have to pay additional $32.50 - http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Upgraded-Cable

Pure silver cable is not available and I'm sure it will cost over $100, easily :)

Regarding first vs second/new batch of VSD3/VSD3S cables, I have black VSD3S from the original batch and blue/red VSD3S from the 2nd batch and also black VDS3 from the second batch, and connector improvement between first and second batches is noticeable.

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,102 of 4,956
I ordered my earphones from LendMeUrWars and I received my parcel today. The box was a bit lighter than what I originally presumed and when I opened it, I knew why. I received no earphones just a pouch and styrofoam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back