The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #3,031 of 4,956
http://i.imgur.com/tk0RGMy.jpg
Just received the earphones from my friend and I guess he received a bad jack; I tried them on and they still work surprisingly, but he told me they don't always work. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3,033 of 4,956
So I ordered two VSD3S together from penon back in July for myself and a friend. Unfortunately my friend's VSD3S broke. I can just contact penon and have them arrange the earphones sent back to them for a replacement right? There is a one year warranty iirc 

First thing first....since you have 2* 3S,did you try switching the cables? To see its really a cable fault or the earpieces themselves......and send them an email.....if its a cable fault probably you get an updated silver plated cable quickly for a discounted cost, rather than you sending them to have it replaced (cable)......And if its really the earpieces you dont a choice but sending them....

And yes, since its under first year warranty we are eligible to claim and they are good at customer services handling.....both pre & post sales....

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,036 of 4,956

As we say here: "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet"
biggrin.gif

Hi @twister6, I saw in your signature that you own both vsd3s and w40. I would like to know which one you recommend. I am planning to use it as my daily driver as well as my IEM for an electronic drum kit I am planning to get a few months from now. Actually, I am looking for an IEM with in-line mic and a remote. I was split on the w40 and sony xba-h3 until i read about the vsd3s. Hope you can shed some light my way! thanks!

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #3,037 of 4,956
I recieved my set in the mail 3 days ago and the right channel crackles as i move the earpiece into position. Not happy at all

just GENTLY remove/unplug the cable and put it back,firmly.....and see if that solves....first time bit tight so no worries.....get back abt result.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #3,038 of 4,956

http://i.imgur.com/tk0RGMy.jpg
Just received the earphones from my friend and I guess he received a bad jack; I tried them on and they still work surprisingly, but he told me they don't always work. 

Test them out a bit more with their cable and then with yours. If the cable is the culprit just contact penon and check if they'll be offering something similar to lmue with just giving you the upgrade cable for a discount. If that's possible then get that upgraded cable, return the vsd3s to your friend with your stock cable that works and tell him that it has been fixed. 
cool.gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #3,039 of 4,956
i got mine a few days ago, and had the same problem, then there was no sound from right channel, unplugged the cable and plugged it in again, sound is OK now, but i hope it wont happen again, because it's very dissapointing for a brand new IEM ):

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #3,040 of 4,956
  Test them out a bit more with their cable and then with yours. If the cable is the culprit just contact penon and check if they'll be offering something similar to lmue with just giving you the upgrade cable for a discount. If that's possible then get that upgraded cable, return the vsd3s to your friend with your stock cable that works and tell him that it has been fixed. 
cool.gif

I think the culprit is just the cable, it is really hard to remove the right ear's cable, but I can still hear sound

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3,041 of 4,956
Yeah mine broke 2 months ago now? Something like that. I've done extensive testing and its not the cable, its just the right unit. A couple weeks ago LMUE just said to send them back, and not to bother packing it up nicely because its already broken, which I was a bit surprised to hear. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Any suggestions on cheapest shipping option to singapore?

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #3,042 of 4,956
So, after some initial issues with the right channel crackling when adjusting the earpiece into position, i detached the cable and inspected the monitors female connector. I actually found a bit of golden swarf. So i removed it with some fine tweezers and also decided to use a tiny bit of heat shrink on the ends of the input to keep the cable from sliding out of the shaped rubber ear guide , which appeared to be something that was going to happen often. No more crackling and they feel nice n secure. The floppyness of the cable meeting the monitor seems to have dissapeared. I suggest you guys try this easy mod. Im happy now and they sound phenomenonal for the $52 i paid for them.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #3,043 of 4,956
I wrote a "everything I know about the vsd3s" post.
On it, I did a detailed review from a bass guitar player point of view (not much audiophile words).

I also added a comparison between the Audio Technica IM50 and the vsd3s.
If you guys have some time, take a look on it: http://www.joaoalbertofn.com/2014/09/everything-i-know-about-vsonic-vsd3s.html
Soon, will add a comparison with the B3 pro 1 too.

Please, let me know what you guys think about it and how can I make it better with more important general info about the vsd3s.

ps: Its a very simple personal blog. Nothing fancy.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #3,045 of 4,956
joaoalbertofn: Thanks for the link. I haven't heard the AT IM50 yet, but if you're looking for a more impactful IEM with similar sound signature then VSD3 is better for you than VSD3S. I've got both and am enjoying VSD3 more - just wish VSD3S came in Red + Blue :cry:.

I'm definally geting the vsd3 too!
Thanks for the confirmation and for checking my post about the vsd3s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back