The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #3,016 of 4,956
Keep in mind I'm not 100% pushing it's pure silver as I'm with you guys, for the price it's rather hard to believe and theres no problem with me agreeing there. My enquires are to find out what's going on best I can rather than speculate going round in circles.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,017 of 4,956
 Another note, probably based on my personal sound preference, silver-plated cable is great if you have a warmer/darker source and warmer IEMs since it does brightens a sound (due to improved conductivity and lower resistance).  So for example, it will be a noticeable improvement using X1 DAP with VSD3 and updated cable.  Using X5 DAP with VSD3S and updated cable will push it closer to sibilance threshold.

I'm sorry, but the small difference in conductivity between silver and copper ( 2 ohms at 1000 feet) is not going to make an audible difference on a foot or 2 of cable, when the signal goes through the signal path of copper traces and other components made of materials that are neither copper or silver.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5863373_copper-vs_-silver-wire-conductivity.html

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,018 of 4,956
I'm sorry, but the small difference in conductivity between silver and copper is not going to make an audible difference on a foot or 2 of cable, when the signal goes through the signal path of copper traces and other components made of materials that are neither copper or silver.

True.....its all about money,business,marketing blah blah.....

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,019 of 4,956
  I'm sorry, but the small difference in conductivity between silver and copper is not going to make an audible difference on a foot or 2 of cable, when the signal goes through the signal path of copper traces and other components made of materials that are neither copper or silver.

No matter how we look at it, a conductive piece of wire will act as a filter, and impedance and other properties of the material will affect the signal energy.  Perhaps our educated mind says a difference should be subtle, but my ears confirm otherwise :)  I have tested at least half a dozen of replacement silver-plated cables (of higher quality) and in every a/b comparison to the original OFC cable with the same pair of IEMs using the same DAP and audio files - the sound is always noticeably brighter/detailed.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #3,020 of 4,956
Some people have a lower threshold before change is noticed than others. Keeping this in mind, what creates an appreciable change for some won't for others. And even considering this, tastes and price vs performance may dictate what's worth changing and what isn't.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #3,021 of 4,956

I will pair VSD3S with Philips Go Gear Aria 8GB (with 1000 mAh battery mod). I save my money for new Sony DAP. But I want FiiO X1 too because it's cheaper, and then I see someone sell Ipod Nano 7th gen 16GB, Zune 30GB too. I can't handle my temptation. Must resist 
confused_face.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #3,022 of 4,956
Did expect the cable email to blow up like this.. Let's move onto burn-in next and lossless files next :p

Some people have a lower threshold before change is noticed than others. Keeping this in mind, what creates an appreciable change for some won't for others. And even considering this, tastes and price vs performance may dictate what's worth changing and what isn't.

I have a pretty high threshold probably compared to the more experienced people on this forum so when(if?) the cable comes in I doubt I'll be able to put any valuable input into how much better it is.

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #3,023 of 4,956

I will pair VSD3S with Philips Go Gear Aria 8GB (with 1000 mAh battery mod). I save my money for new Sony DAP. But I want FiiO X1 too because it's cheaper, and then I see someone sell Ipod Nano 7th gen 16GB, Zune 30GB too. I can't handle my temptation. Must resist 
confused_face.gif

As we say here: "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet"
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,024 of 4,956
I just made the mistake of chewing on something with these in my ears, wow the pressure changed for the worse in my ears. I will never do that again.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #3,027 of 4,956
  unfortunately yes (fortunately they're more comfortable this way and 0 cable noise) =)

I'll support this and note that for those with glasses (like myself) the ear guides aren't really a issue, but also are not necessary. I used them for the first couple days and just run without 'em now. These are a pretty awesome pair of iems. The NarMoo R1M and VSD3 are getting a ton of playtime right now :D It's a good time to be in the hobby!

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #3,028 of 4,956
Penon said the upgrade cable is silver plated copper, and well.....read below. 
rolleyes.gif

I'm still waiting for an answer from lendmeurears. Still doesn't make sense to me when I was told the stock is silver plated.

Maybe they were talking out their bottoms after all about the stock cable.

Anyway, let's see what lendmeurears says.

Quote:
hi dear friend
I am glad to tell you that it is silver-plated . we have the upgrade cable now , and will let you know when we sell it to the public
kind regards

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #3,029 of 4,956
So I ordered two VSD3S together from penon back in July for myself and a friend. Unfortunately my friend's VSD3S broke. I can just contact penon and have them arrange the earphones sent back to them for a replacement right? There is a one year warranty iirc 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back