The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,987 of 4,956
Or VSD7...by that time Havi will come out with B6....lol

I don't even have my B3's in my ears yet, but I'm positive they will be awesome and I'm already looking forward to the B6's! :)

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,990 of 4,956
When is your friend gonna pass the B3 to you ...pumped to hear yr impressions ?.......

Hey, why do I get "they guy eating chips off of his chest" gif and not one of your sexy gif's huh??? Lol!

Anyway, I should have them in my ear in a week or so...

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,992 of 4,956
Done...me easy peasy....been saving this...lol

Ahhh, much better!
beerchug.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,995 of 4,956
Email with Penon Audio over a faulty cable

---

Hi dear friend

Sorry about all the inconvenience that , VSONIC has proved that some of their VSD3/S earphones have cable connection problem ,VSONIC said that we can send it back to them for replacement ,and now the upgrade silver cable for VSD3/S has released , we have tested with the earphone , it shows that it can resolve the connection problem , the retail price is US35.00 , due to you bought the faulty products , we are willing to send you the upgrade cable, but would you mind to subsidize 10.00US or send the item back for replacement ?

Looking forward to your reply

Kind regards

Sep 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2,996 of 4,956
Email with Penon Audio over a faulty cable

---

Hi dear friend

Sorry about all the inconvenience that , VSONIC has proved that some of their VSD3/S earphones have cable connection problem ,VSONIC said that we can send it back to them for replacement ,and now the upgrade silver cable for VSD3/S has released , we have tested with the earphone , it shows that it can resolve the connection problem , the retail price is US35.00 , due to you bought the faulty products , we are willing to send you the upgrade cable, but would you mind to subsidize 10.00US or send the item back for replacement ?

Looking forward to your reply

Kind regards

if the cable material (metal) is of decent quality silver then the $35 USD price tag is not too bad. People spend hundreds upon hundreds for a pure silver cable. Considering copper is standard then SPC (silver plated) the most expensive and claimed to be preferred option is silver. In my shoes I would pay the $10 USD, save the double handling sending the item back for a replacement. You can cut the time in half by purchasing the cable have it come one way and apparently 'upgrade"

In your reply, do you mind asking when they will sell this cable to public?

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,997 of 4,956
Well, $35 is not bad given that the Chinese price is like 33 bucks but it would have been nice if LMUE did what the tmall vsonic seller did and provide a discount for return vsd3/s customers even if it's not the full 50% discount.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #2,998 of 4,956
Hey,

I got my VDS3S and I'm trying to figure out if they are faulty.  They sound slightly off to me, all my music sounds different from my Audio Technica ATH-A900, Vsonic GR02BE and then my speaker setup (Asecnd Acoustics CMT-340 SE + HSU VTF-3).  I feel the highs are tinny or too pronounced or something, I can't place the right words, sibilance?  Maybe they just need more break in time, but this almost makes me cringe at higher volumes.  Is this just a normal characteristic of these headphones and I'm just not used to that type of sound?  Thanks!

Edit - using foam tips if that matters (can't stand the others much, used to using comply foam)

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,999 of 4,956
  Hey,

I got my VDS3S and I'm trying to figure out if they are faulty.  They sound slightly off to me, all my music sounds different from my Audio Technica ATH-A900, Vsonic GR02BE and then my speaker setup (Asecnd Acoustics CMT-340 SE + HSU VTF-3).  I feel the highs are tinny or too pronounced or something, I can't place the right words, sibilance?  Maybe they just need more break in time, but this almost makes me cringe at higher volumes.  Is this just a normal characteristic of these headphones and I'm just not used to that type of sound?  Thanks!

Well, haven't heard the ath but the vsd3s is not more prone to sibilance than the gr02be. The gr02be was more aggressive and harsher in the lower treble but maybe the more pronounced upper treble of the vsd3s is bothering you. It does get a bit smoother after burn-in but it also depends on how loud you're listening and also on the tips you're using.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #3,000 of 4,956
  Well, haven't heard the ath but the vsd3s is not more prone to sibilance than the gr02be. The gr02be was more aggressive and harsher in the lower treble but maybe the more pronounced upper treble of the vsd3s is bothering you. It does get a bit smoother after burn-in but it also depends on how loud you're listening and also on the tips you're using.

Thanks, I'll see how they fair as they burn in a bit more!  I really hope they smooth out otherwise I'm going to be looking for a new IEM, I broke my gr02be :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back