The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 13, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #2,855 of 4,956
@Wokei: Well I guess that seals it, I should offer up my perfectly good Tenore for sale since I never listen to them anymore. Seems like others love them, so I should set them free :kissing_heart:.

Me think Tenore are good ..so are many other iem ...just sound sig ..that's all ....well ...if you love them ..set them free ...hope they find better parents ...lol

Let Tenore not be alone ...LOL

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #2,857 of 4,956
My VSD3S arrived today and I'm very happy with them, can someone tell me if the cable is a stock silver plated cable like some of other Vsonic products?

I must say the packaging was very very nice, neat and to the point. I enjoyed opening them and the sound from 20 minutes I spent is excellent for the $45-$50 I paid.

Be fun toying around with them tonight when I have more time.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #2,858 of 4,956
  My VSD3S arrived today and I'm very happy with them, can someone tell me if the cable is a stock silver plated cable like some of other Vsonic products?

I must say the packaging was very very nice, neat and to the point. I enjoyed opening them and the sound from 20 minutes I spent is excellent for the $45-$50 I paid.

Be fun toying around with them tonight when I have more time.

^
Put some Ortofon - EQ5 tips on them and they are gonna rock your world even mo'.
basshead.gif

Tames the bass bloat a bit and opens up the sound mo' for me due to it's wide bore.

Plus it is super soft and comfy as well. :wink:

Seems to provide less isolation though which might be why the sound is mo' balanced cuz of them.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #2,859 of 4,956

^
Put some Ortofon - EQ5 tips on them and they are gonna rock your world even mo'.
basshead.gif

Tames the bass bloat a bit and opens up the sound mo' for me due to it's wide bore.

Plus it is super soft and comfy as well. :wink:

Seems to provide less isolation though which might be why the sound is mo' balanced cuz of them.

Cheers, I'll play around with some tips, they're pretty decent that's for sure.

I'm using Colorfly C3 which has a little bass roll-off so settles the lows fractionally. I agree from the iPod Video the lows were quite strong. 

I must say, with the likes of KC06, KC06A, Havi Pro 1, Tenore and these VSD3 series one really doesn't need to pay big money for decent sound anymore.

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2,862 of 4,956
If it's $100, the GR07 Classic. A bit less bass quantity but it's got such beautiful texture and tone. You could get the Bass Edition for $20 more if you're worried about bass, but they have much more than the VSD3S. I think the VSD5 will be more of a sidegrade, but we won't know til it gets here. The VSD7 should be better than the GR07, but will cost almost $200.

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,863 of 4,956
It's been one week I have my vsd3s.

It took me some time to get the perfect tips (I'm using those colored tips from gr06 that have some foan inside).

The sound Sig is really agradable with plenny of details (more than I have ever hear).

On the firsts days I could easily hear sibilance. Now its gone (I like to listen in moderate volumes, never in high).

The fit on the ear is great, comfortable and secure.

The cables could be better and especially the strains relieve.

The sound isolation is above average WITH THE RIGHT TIPS, otherwise it becames bad (I'm very picky with isolation because that allows me to listen music in moderate volume).

The instrument separation are OK, but can became REALLY reviling with a bit of upper equalize on the mids (300hz - 1kh)

I have only two complains:

1 - the mids are too laid back for me (vocals especially). They are so laid back that the drums and guitars are easier to "see" on the soundstage.

2 - cymbals show off TOO MUCH. Really, they seems to be right on your nose.

I'm curious about how much the vsd3 have a better mids (vocals) and instrument separation.

Can someone answer this?

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,864 of 4,956
It's been one week I have my vsd3s.

It took me some time to get the perfect tips (I'm using those colored tips from gr06 that have some foan inside).

The sound Sig is really agradable with plenny of details (more than I have ever hear).

On the firsts days I could easily hear sibilance. Now its gone (I like to listen in moderate volumes, never in high).

The fit on the ear is great, comfortable and secure.

The cables could be better and especially the strains relieve.

The sound isolation is above average WITH THE RIGHT TIPS, otherwise it becames bad (I'm very picky with isolation because that allows me to listen music in moderate volume).

The instrument separation are OK, but can became REALLY reviling with a bit of upper equalize on the mids (300hz - 1kh)

I have only two complains:

1 - the mids are too laid back for me (vocals especially). They are so laid back that the drums and guitars are easier to "see" on the soundstage.

2 - cymbals show off TOO MUCH. Really, they seems to be right on your nose.

I'm curious about how much the vsd3 have a better mids (vocals) and instrument separation.

Can someone answer this?

i think its the tips your using. I think i know what tips your talking about i have the same for the my gr07. i think those tips make the sound more laid back, as stated above if you want more balenced in this case more upfront vocals i think you would need to try wider bore eartips

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2,865 of 4,956
I've been lurking this site for the past couple of days now because I'm tired of buying ****ty earphones that break every couple of weeks. Would you guys say this is the best IEM under $60? I've also heard about the V3D5. Should I wait for that to get released before I buy either?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back