The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #2,386 of 4,956
I'm not sure if I want clarity or fun sounding. I'm mainly going to use them to listen to music and occasionally use for gaming.
I listen to mostly rock, metal, pop, and EDM. I'm not to sure what warmer means when referring to sound (still new at this) so I'm not sure which one to go for

You will like vsd3s for the above genres.
Only when metal distortion hits and its get like really crazy fast,everything gets muddy but that's expected at this price.

I havent tried havis extensively but I think they wont provide enough thump effect for EDM,pop.

I dont know I am cursing the vsd3s but I cant get them out of my ears :D
Havis are lying unattended.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #2,387 of 4,956
You will like vsd3s for the above genres.
Only when metal distortion hits and its get like really crazy fast,everything gets muddy but that's expected at this price.

I havent tried havis extensively but I think they wont provide enough thump effect for EDM,pop.

I dont know I am cursing the vsd3s but I cant get them out of my ears :D
Havis are lying unattended.

Well I'm coming from 8320s and skullcandy ink'd and the latter didn't handle the rock/metal very well. I guess any of the 3 earphones would be a huge upgrade but I'm really torn between them haha. The thing I'm worried is when the vsd3s would be back in Stock.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #2,388 of 4,956
For what you listen to you want a warm, fun or v-shaped sound. They emphasize bass and treble and the mids are musical and slightly laid back. An analytical or clarity based sound will have much less bass, but have very pronounced mids and treble that show great detail. It's better for jazz, classical, classic rock, folk, singer songwriter, live music and that sort of thing. Both the T1-e and VSD3S are funner sounds. I can tell you for certain that Vsonic will give you a great all arounder type of sound that will sound fine with anything. TTPOD sounds from others like it's more of a bassy sound with more recessed mids. 

This is a great place to learn about sound terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2,390 of 4,956
pandaprox: By warmer, I meant the VSD3(S) have more bass presence and are more full sounding compared to B3.

Need for an amp with B3 is source dependent. A high-quality dedicated DAP with "high gain" option like Fiio or iBasso DAPs works just find in my experience. Using an iPod or mobile phone - not so good.

I just ordered TTPOD T1-E out of curiosity but probably won't get it for a couple weeks. Quality control seems a bit out of control like Tenores, so I hope I get a good pair. If so, they've been described as Tenore-like with more bass presence and very comfortable.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #2,392 of 4,956
  For what you listen to you want a warm, fun or v-shaped sound. They emphasize bass and treble and the mids are musical and slightly laid back. An analytical or clarity based sound will have much less bass, but have very pronounced mids and treble that show great detail. It's better for jazz, classical, classic rock, folk, singer songwriter, live music and that sort of thing. Both the T1-e and VSD3S are funner sounds. I can tell you for certain that Vsonic will give you a great all arounder type of sound that will sound fine with anything. TTPOD sounds from others like it's more of a bassy sound with more recessed mids. 

This is a great place to learn about sound terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

TTPODs aren't really noticeably V-shaped imo. The mids are there to play up front as well and sound a little warm. They work great for all genres too... like VSD3S would I assume. Yep, both more for fun sound signatures. @sfwalcer will back me up on there versatility with genres and non-recessed mids. If you want recessed mids go HA-FXD80 lol 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #2,394 of 4,956
  I could have sworn someone called them noticeably v-shaped, but I could be thinking of any of the handful of great IEMs we have in this price range. They kind of run together sometimes. 
biggrin.gif

I didn't mean they are mid-forward though, as they are not to clarify. Kinda sounds like I meant that. I would call them pretty balanced with some extra quality bass emphasis, still prominent but warm mids, and crisp, resolving, but not harsh treble in a sum up. Though everyone's ears are different! That's what makes this hobby great and unique 
smile.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #2,395 of 4,956
  Nope don't think i will get these 3/S cuz am holding out for the VSD5............... soon???
triportsad.gif

Wanna hear them though, but don't think i will need them in my collection so....

Yeah,
I was hoping to buy then soon, but if they don`t release any info until august 20 I`ll get an Fiio E11k with the money I saved for them and wait for the VSD7...

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #2,400 of 4,956
I can tell you for certain that Vsonic will give you a great all arounder type of sound that will sound fine with anything. TTPOD sounds from others like it's more of a bassy sound.

Thanks for the explanation.
I do Listen to live music a bit (mostly praise/worship live albums) but not as much as the other genres so I think I'll go for the vsd3s

Yeah,looks like 3S is your preferred candidate and to add, 3S dont need an amp($$save if you are on tight budget and wise spending),good fit and comfort,removable cable and it has THE SS,...may be little less to B3 but 3S has other elements little more than B3,looking at the impressions posted.....imo. At the same time B3 is a good sounding IEM with its current price tag......keep in mind 3S's single dynamic and B3's dual micro drivers and the way they are arranged....so the different sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back