The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #2,371 of 4,956
  Hi everyone, I'm trying to purchase a pair of VSD3's via MisterTao and every time I visit the VSD3 page, I get a message saying that products with certain keywords (nike, sonic) are 'banned to sell'. However, I can sort of quickly add the VSD3 to my cart and order it, but do you think that would cause any problems? Also, are the ones from TaoBao legit? These are the ones that I'm looking to buy, specifically the red/blue version. Price-wise, they're in the right price range (at about $50), but I guess that doesn't guarantee its legitimacy.

Try writing to this email asking for clarification and explain the issue you have with vsonic products. Later post the response. 
Services email: paul.plot@mistertao.com

Edit: use screenshots if possible

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2,372 of 4,956
  That's an interesting website. I see how the page changes a few seconds after you open that link because of the word "sonic." I've never had any experience from that website so I can't say if it's legit. And for $42, that sounds a bit too cheap. Not the mention they say they have 9056 stock available? Sounds off. I`d suggest waiting off till lend me ur ears get more stock, but if you can`t wait and don`t mind the regular black, you can purchase VSD3 and VSD3S for $60 at penonaudio.com

Haha yea, that is a strangely high amount of available stock, but I believe it's actually Vsonic selling the item. I did a bit of Googling and found Vsonic's authorized dealers page (you'll need to use Chrome to translate), but it seems that TaoBao is a one of their authorized sellers.

Try writing to this email asking for clarification and explain the issue you have with vsonic products. Later post the response. 
Services email: paul.plot@mistertao.com

Yea, I found an email in their 'Contact Us' section and asked them about it. I'll send the email to this person as well and will post the response and soon as I get one.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #2,373 of 4,956
WOW the impressions so far on these VSD3s here seems to be very different from this 1st impressions vid review.
blink.gif

... "VSonic nailed it!!!"

^
HYPED!!!
popcorn.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #2,376 of 4,956
I'm sure some of people are sick of me hyping them up around here, but yeah, at their ~$50 price, competing with (not necessarily beating) their reference, which is a $300 IEM, they nailed it. Nailed it big time. I'm honestly even wondering how the VSD5 is gonna be that much better for just $20 more. Vsonic almost always seems to impress.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2,377 of 4,956
The sibilance has settled down.It's still there but unlike before it doesn't pop up in every song.Also the outer design is hurting my ears in the longrun because of my small ears I guess.I will give them 30-40 hrs and check again.If they're are worthy enough to keep,I am going to sand down those pointy edges.
  Anyone else having same problem ?

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,380 of 4,956
  So they nailed it eh? 

^
Welp according to those Aussies that is, but when can you trust dem mofos down under for anything.  : P

I think they deserve to be hyped 
beerchug.gif

Have you got one yet?

^
Nope don't think i will get these 3/S cuz am holding out for the VSD5............... soon???
triportsad.gif

Wanna hear them though, but don't think i will need them in my collection so....

I'm sure some of people are sick of me hyping them up around here, but yeah, at their ~$50 price, competing with (not necessarily beating) their reference, which is a $300 IEM, they nailed it. Nailed it big time. I'm honestly even wondering how the VSD5 is gonna be that much better for just $20 more. Vsonic almost always seems to impress.

^
THIS!!!

5s FTW!!!

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,381 of 4,956
Sorry for asking again, but Lmur 's 18% discount is expiring today so I was wondering if I should wait until the VSD 3s come back in Stock or go with the ttpod t1-e or the havi b3 pro

Depends on what you're looking for. VSD3(S) will be warmer and more intimate than B3 and is easier to insert and keep in. B3 has better soundstage, is more 3D, and is more neutral but is harder to get a good, secure fit.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #2,382 of 4,956
  The sibilance has settled down.It's still there but unlike before it doesn't pop up in every song.Also the outer design is hurting my ears in the longrun because of my small ears I guess.I will give them 30-40 hrs and check again.If they're are worthy enough to keep,I am going to sand down those pointy edges.
  Anyone else having same problem ?

I think one other person had some problem with it, but most people here like the comfort. 

Sorry for asking again, but Lmur 's 18% discount is expiring today so I was wondering if I should wait until the VSD 3s come back in Stock or go with the ttpod t1-e or the havi b3 pro

For what you told me you listen to, the Havi's might be a little light in bass (if you listened to different styles they'd be magnificent), and they need an amp. The TTPODs are a good choice with strong bass, but have had some issues with SQ and channel imbalance. VSD3S is $45 at LMUE and would be great for what you told me you like. How much are the TTPOD with the discount? If you can wait for more stock, or they're not cheaper than $45, I'd just get the VSD3S. If they're cheaper than $45 and you want to take a chance on the quality issues, you could try TTPOD. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #2,384 of 4,956

If you love insane clarity and neutrality then go with havis.If you love fun sound get vsd3s or wait for vsd5.Either way you cant go wrong.

I'm not sure if I want clarity or fun sounding. I'm mainly going to use them to listen to music and occasionally use for gaming.

Depends on what you're looking for. VSD3(S) will be warmer and more intimate than B3 and is easier to insert and keep in. B3 has better soundstage, is more 3D, and is more neutral but is harder to get a good, secure fit.

I'm not to sure what warmer means when referring to sound (still new at this) so I'm not sure which one to go for

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,385 of 4,956
For what you told me you listen to, the Havi's might be a little light in bass (if you listened to different styles they'd be magnificent), and they need an amp. The TTPODs are a good choice with strong bass, but have had some issues with SQ and channel imbalance. VSD3S is $45 at LMUE and would be great for what you told me you like. How much are the TTPOD with the discount? If you can wait for more stock, or they're not cheaper than $45, I'd just get the VSD3S. If they're cheaper than $45 and you want to take a chance on the quality issues, you could try TTPOD. 

If the havi need an amp that might be a deal-breaker since I don't exactly have money for an amp.
The t1-e is $44 after the code so it's basically the same price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back