The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,266 of 4,956
  Its ok, just make it interesting by using words like how gg are the phones? It is really to the extent of ggwp? What are the ultimates of the phones (sound sig). How much mana pool does it have ( impedance needed to drive phones). Are they OP compared to the phones you have? Which sets do you use for it (tips)? Use this format you wont go wrong LOL 
Cheers.
beerchug.gif

The phones are easy to drive, and they sound very ggwp to my friends bose ie2 for only $50. I use the stock medium tips.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #2,267 of 4,956
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #2,268 of 4,956
Update: I'm using the vsd3s with the medium Sony hybrid tips I got with my xba3. They're a bit shorter than the stock ones and the vsd3s now rest a bit farther from the eardrum (I can only assume the not so deep insertion allow high frequencies to run more freely inside my ear canal and the results are really pleasant: Treble is tamed and I got better isolation without been disturbingly uncomfortable. I'm still surprised when Tyll wrote that tips (in particular comply) don't make such a great difference (at least objectively) 

I wasn't a strong supporter of burn-in but these ones improved a bit with time (I still claim it's more a psychological thing) but still. 
I'm definitely going to buy a vsd5 once it's available. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #2,270 of 4,956
Ordered a pair July 28th, and they're arriving today. 1 week from Singapore to the US, and for free! Awesome.

Once they arrive I'll play around with 'em at school and stuff for a few hours and try and give initial impressions.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2,275 of 4,956
  would be great :)

sound quality is better on vsd3s?

No, the GR07 has a more refined sound, according to people in this thread. Someone, I think Kova, prefers the VSD3S in terms of soundstage and treble, but VSD3S bass is not as tight and refined (not sloppy and loose, just softer on impact) and mids are more relaxed than the GR07. I don't have the GR07, just repeating what I've heard from other people. There's a reason the GR07 is over double the price.

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,276 of 4,956
Quick impressions so far after maybe two hours of use

I love the shape, super comfortable, not as much as my ciems but with the foam tips they're fairly close.

Sound wise, I'm using them out of a Nexus 5 with Faux Sound set to Quality and Google Play Music set to High quality. Dunno if it plays it as Flac from the source or converts to mp3 though

Sounds fairly balanced so far, not as much bass quality as my Pistons, but the rest of the spectrum is cleaner. The sound stage is pretty wide, height seems kind of standard if that's an okay term to use.

I don't really feel any treble spikes or anything as mentioned by others but maybe I'm not as sensitive. It doesn't sound anything like the W4 I had for a bit, I remember that having a bloaty overpowering bass and this has none of that.

I'll let them play for a while and try and come up with better information in a few days

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,277 of 4,956
The soundstage is good. I can only wonder how good is the soundstage on Havi B3 Pro1 because people say they're better than the VSD3S.

After about 24 hours of usage/burn in (I only use them, don't leave them to burn), they sound really good to me. Even better than my Goldring DR150 with a custom cable. The DR150 sounds thin and bright compared to the VSD3S which is a lot more full bodied and lush. It sounds musical and fun, maybe not accurate and flat. And I noticed that it really scales well with amplification. The highs now no longer sound harsh and distorted, especially in complex passages. It doesn't handle it like a champ, here is where the DR150 wins, but the rest of the spectrum, VSD3S wins hands down.

The fit is also good, it fits snugly in m ear and is unobtrusive. I find the cable to be very good quality, some stiffness to it and thick. One gripe is it doesn't 'hug' my ears over it so sometimes it comes off from behind my ears to the side and I have to put it back. One solution is using the ear guide but the shape doesn't fit my ear well.

One thing though VSonic, please make L jacks. L jacks are better than straight jacks. Nobody wants a jack sticking out from the side of their DAP/Phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back