The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 12, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #1,906 of 4,956
Lend me ur ears has been receiving ~25 each of the VSD3 version like almost every 2 weeks, but they sell out within 30 minutes so keep up with them on Facebook. The other reseller I would recommend is penonaudio.com, they have VSD3S priced at $60, about ~$10 more than lend me ur ears, but they do provide tracking and it only took them 6 days to ship from Hong Kong to Canada. (Actually my VSD3S arrived in Canada after 2 days, just took them 4 days to deliver to my house.)

I checked Penonaudio the other day and the VSD3S were out of stock, I might check later. So nothing on any other models then? I might get impatient and jump on the VSD3s then...

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #1,908 of 4,956
Reading this thread is making me more and more tempted, my wallet has already locked itself in a room on its own :ph34r:  Has there been a VSD5S preorder or any news on release yet?

No,not yet,we are all waiting for the VSD5 pre-order,anytime soon,from lmue.....

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,909 of 4,956
  Is there anyone here can help to compare this VSD3S with Beyer MMX102ie?
Jaben Audio in my country doesnt have VSD3S yet, so they suggest Beyer MMX102ie.

Do they have similar sounding or different?
Thanks

Different sound. 102ie has a warm balanced sound with a bit of recessed mids. VSD3S is bright, slightly mid-forward with a better treble extension and more detailed bass with overall better layering of the sound. The most obvious difference 102ie being warmer, darker, smoother and VSD3S being brighter and more dynamic (though to my ears on borderline of sibilance depending on sensitivity of your ears). 

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #1,910 of 4,956
Is there anyone here can help to compare this VSD3S with [COLOR=333333]Beyer MMX102ie?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Jaben Audio in my country doesnt have VSD3S yet, so they suggest [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Beyer MMX102ie.[/COLOR]

Do they have similar sounding or different?
Thanks

Some Jaben stores dont stock vsonic......so the push on beyer's.. If you want, you can get them from lmue(original strret price,but no stock now,keep an eye) and penonaudio with extra 10 on their street price.

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #1,915 of 4,956
  @twister6 Can you do a comparison between vsd3 and im50,re400 ?

RE400 is in a little different category having a more neutral, reference, warm sound, laid back, smooth.  IM50 and VSD3S are probably a better match for comparison.  Both have a great build quality, though IM50 is built like a tank.  It terms of over the ear fitment, VSD3S wins hands down due to it's westone-shure like ergonomics, while IM50 nozzle is a little too long which makes the shell stick out.  With removable cables, you have 2-pin connection in IM50 vs proprietary mmcx in VSD3S; here IM50 wins due to a more sturdy connection though over-ear memory wire is PITA since you have to adjust it every time these out of the case.

VSD3S has a wider/deeper soundstage with a better separation/layering of a sound.  IM50 is narrower and more aggressive/upfront while VSD3S sound pushed a little bit back, more relaxed.  When it comes to low end, both have a decent extension but IM50 goes a bit deeper in sub-bass and has faster and more aggressive mid-bass punch with more quantity.  VSD3S bass is more detailed, but mid-bass is more rounded and not as aggressive.  Both have a great bass control without spilling into lower mids or overpowering the rest of FR.  Mids are where you hear the biggest difference since VSD3S is brighter, a little harsher, and sounds a bit thinner in comparison to IM50 which delivers a typical Audio-Technica quality mids that are smooth, organic/natural, and have a better delivery of vocals.  VSD3S delivers more details when it comes to mids, but I find IM50 easier on my ears. Treble in both has a great extension and details, but due to it's brightness VSD3S is on a borderline of sibilance while IM50 is smother.

There is no clear winner, and all up to a personal preference.  Both IM50 and VSD3S have an amazing value, considering a price tag of $60-$70 with removable cables and an excellent detailed sound.  Those who "allergic" to too much bass might find IM50 too aggressive while people who are more sensitive to high frequencies might not like VSD3S.  I also hope, cable replacement will add to sound quality.  I'm currently waiting for silver-plated replacement cables from lunashops for IM50/IM03 which I hope can brighten the sound.  While, perhaps new replacement cable from VSD3S will improve a connection without adding more brightness and adds some memory wire for a more secure over-the-ear fitment.

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,919 of 4,956
The difference beetwen Vsonic MMCX connector and Shure MMCX connector

abcee099-0ba2-4ce9-a944-948b282813cb_zpsb6eadf35.jpg

I cant put shure aftermarket cable to vsd3s :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back