The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,366 of 4,956

They don't. I agree with the fact that these are prolly the most insufficient IEM on the market but if your source device can power them to sufficient volume levels, you don't need an amplifier.

Anyways on topic, can anyone say something about the claims vsonic made regarding the audio signature ? Do they sound like the westone/shure Iems ?

What amp did you try them with?

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,367 of 4,956

speed post will cost u about 800-900 rs.
and u don't want to send these back on normal post as there is a danger it may get lost.

as u have already bought these for rs 2800 approx its a hefty amount to pay.

i just hope hifinage.com(indian dealer) gets hold of these,atleast warranty woes will be over

If a retailer near you will carry them in the next year, it would almost be cheaper to hold on to the defective ones and return to the retailer when they have stock - buy another pair in the meantime.... give the warranty exchange pair to a friend or sell them.... but to pay 1/3rd of the price to send back a DOA unit is a tough decision....

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,369 of 4,956
  If a retailer near you will carry them in the next year, it would almost be cheaper to hold on to the defective ones and return to the retailer when they have stock - buy another pair in the meantime.... give the warranty exchange pair to a friend or sell them.... but to pay 1/3rd of the price to send back a DOA unit is a tough decision....

problem is there is no guarantee that the said retailer will have vsd3!!

this is the only problem with imports,,,during warranty claim u tend to loose a lot of money

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #1,371 of 4,956

O2 combo & C&C BH2.

I guess you meant with "driving them to full potenial" something along the lines of "color the sound to your liking". :p

No I didn.t mean that but this is the wrong place 
beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #1,372 of 4,956

problem is there is no guarantee that the said retailer will have vsd3!!

this is the only problem with imports,,,during warranty claim u tend to loose a lot of money

That's only if you were sure they were getting them - otherwise you have to bite the bullet and send them back

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #1,373 of 4,956
  That's only if you were sure they were getting them - otherwise you have to bite the bullet and send them back

even i sent my gr07 mk2 back a week ago for rs 800(15$ approx) but then i got them for 130$ and did not mind as i had already used them for 6 months

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,375 of 4,956

speed post will cost u about 800-900 rs.
and u don't want to send these back on normal post as there is a danger it may get lost.

as u have already bought these for rs 2800 approx its a hefty amount to pay.

i just hope hifinage.com(indian dealer) gets hold of these,atleast warranty woes will be over

Ya ya, can't think about using normal post. Speed post will cose 900 bucks! damn... I know Hifinage man, got my GR02 BE and VSD1 from there only... Yes, warranty will not be an issue with them, they are pretty good with customer support. But the price can't be compared. The VSD1 for example, is 3,000 on Hifinage, and it's 39$ on LMUE (~INR 2340)...

You bought yours from LMUE? Sorry to hear, but I think you should email and let them know smhw.

Yes I mailed them about this already... Haven't figured out whether to send it back or not...

Try separating the cable from the unit first of all, then try cleaning the internal part of both connectors with alcohol, sometimes plastic residues stay during the manufacturing process inside. Let it dry

BTW: Too bad it was you, there are always a few defective units...  

Well, sorry to sound noobish, but I don't know how to remove the cable. Tried rotating it (like a screw), that didn't work. Did not want to just pull it out (like a headphone jack) for the fear of damaging it, since it's pretty tight. I hope cleaning them helps.
:frowning2:

As an afternote, since I tried twisting the cable to remove it, the frequency of sound cutoffs has reduced drastically. But it's still there, and I still did receive a faulty product... So thanks, your idea DID work a bit.
:-D

I read LMUE's policy for international returns.  They won't give a refund for a faulty product, but they will send a replacement upon receipt of the product (RMA is required first).  The customer has to pay shipping back to Singapore.  LMUE will cover shipping on the replacement item.  

Assuming a person lives in the states, a small flat rate box (up to 4 lbs.) via USPS to Singapore is about $25.  Six to ten days delivery time.

Edit: @HeadHoncho - just noticed you're in India.  Not sure about shipping from there.  Do you have any online resources for calculating shipping estimates? 

Yes, my cheapest (and most time consuming) option will be around 15$

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,376 of 4,956
VSonic are not known for build quality, especially with cables. I wouldn't touch this thing with a ten-foot pole, but when their higher-end stuff comes out, they may be worth re-cabling for the sake of longevity.

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,377 of 4,956
  My apologies to everyone but IEMs in general are quite efficient and only a few really benefit from amplification however, the sound may vary depending on the source and their internal outputs and parameters. Try saving the money for future headphones instead.  
I found the sound from an iphone 4s to be more melodic and agreable than many amps and other phones (YMMV)

so is using an iphone 4s for playing music a decent device? I've been using iPhone4s + Yuin pk3 until I receive my vsd3s

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,379 of 4,956
Well, sorry to sound noobish, but I don't know how to remove the cable. Tried rotating it (like a screw), that didn't work. Did not want to just pull it out (like a headphone jack) for the fear of damaging it, since it's pretty tight. I hope cleaning them helps.
:frowning2:

As an afternote, since I tried twisting the cable to remove it, the frequency of sound cutoffs has reduced drastically. But it's still there,

No technical knowledge needed but little patience.

Do this first, just press the cable to catch in the female mmcx connector and you shd hear an audible tick sound which means thay are correctly in contact(grip/intact)). Now check the sound.

And if you could'nt succeed,Its a removable cable, so try pulling out the cable gently with one hand and hold firmy the shell on the other.....its not that hard,be little relaxed.I know what ur going thru now. But you gotta try it self to confirm its really a defective one.

Also the nozzle is part of half shell than vsonic's swivable/rotating one so it shd be ok to try on your side.

These mmcx are better than 2 pins(UE,Westones) so spin ur wheel.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #1,380 of 4,956
  VSonic are not known for build quality, especially with cables. I wouldn't touch this thing with a ten-foot pole, but when their higher-end stuff comes out, they may be worth re-cabling for the sake of longevity.

Thanks for the heads up. I had a near-orgasm looking at the style of the IEM and the removable cable, plus the sound impressions. Build quality is a serious subject to me since I'm known for being clumsy and in a rush all the time.
But still... the price is tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back