The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,336 of 4,956
there you go.......I was about to shoot you the same quetion. Hmmm.
biggrin.gif
i gotta a company.

Yeah, only thing saying VSD3S  is a sticker on the front of the package.
  I never understood the general praise of the se215. The sound is sub-pair IMO but I'm happy to see other models with the same design coming out with attractive price-points. IF the vsd3s deliver half of what they offer, it will be worth it (je pense aussi que ça vaudra le coup)
Try separating the cable from the unit first of all, then try cleaning the internal part of both connectors with alcohol, sometimes plastic residues stay during the manufacturing process inside. Let it dry

BTW: Too bad it was you, there are always a few defective units...  

Me neither. I got them due to the form factor at the time. I also only paid $50 for them IIRC.
  So, apparently LMUE made a mistake and my VSD3S has already started its journey to the States. Status says dispatched to over seas
biggrin.gif
. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.

Nice mistake 
beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,337 of 4,956
  So, apparently LMUE made a mistake and my VSD3S has already started its journey to the States. Status says dispatched to over seas
biggrin.gif
. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.

They didn't make the same mistake with me.  Mine still says "pending". 
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #1,339 of 4,956
  Don't compare like...

SE215 >>>>> VSD3S
or
VSD3S >>>> SE215

Take a gues 
biggrin.gif

The VSD3S are way more enjoyable to me.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,340 of 4,956
Hey guys, im thinking about getting these or the havi b3's and i want to know one thing, will these phones sound good from an ordinary source like a smartphone or a laptop or do i have to get an amp/dac to really feel the difference between these and other cheaper earpods ?

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,341 of 4,956
  Hey guys, im thinking about getting these or the havi b3's and i want to know one thing, will these phones sound good from an ordinary source like a smartphone or a laptop or do i have to get an amp/dac to really feel the difference between these and other cheaper earpods ?

I was told that the Havi b3's needs an amp to be at its full potential.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,343 of 4,956
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #1,344 of 4,956
havi ...better to have a dac plus an amp...very very enjoyable..esp if u like classicals...soundtracks.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,346 of 4,956
My apologies to everyone but IEMs in general are quite efficient and only a few really benefit from amplification however, the sound may vary depending on the source and their internal outputs and parameters. Try saving the money for future headphones instead.  
I found the sound from an iphone 4s to be more melodic and agreable than many amps and other phones (YMMV)

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,347 of 4,956
  Yes obviously ! They also need 200days of burn-in with pinknoise and log sine waves.

rolleyes.gif

My apologies to everyone but IEMs in general are quite efficient and only a few really benefit from amplification however, the sound may vary depending on the source and their internal outputs and parameters. Try saving the money for future headphones instead.  
I found the sound from an iphone 4s to be more melodic and agreable than many amps and other phones (YMMV)

I have somwhere around 40+ IEM's and the only one needing a powerfull amp to really shine is the B3. I'm not telling people that they need an amp for it to sound it's best just to be an a*****e,  I'm saying it to save people from being dissapointed and spending money on something that doens't soud as good as they read about. (YMMV)

Edit: I would also like to add that I also find the need for powerfull amps to be highly exaggerated in general but sometimes experience wirth the equipment in question is better than generalisation.

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #1,348 of 4,956
Inquisition?
wink.gif

I just what to make clear that the KC06 are damn good for $60 but for my preference they don't satisfy nearly as much as the B3, Tenores, AX-35 and VSD3S. YMMV!

Lol! No worries mate, but thanks for the clarification. Everything written on head-fi is just opinion... which is all fine and dandy - when it's the same opinion as mine!
smile.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #1,349 of 4,956
  I have somwhere around 40+ IEM's and the only one needing a powerfull amp to really shine is the B3. I'm not telling people that they need an amp for it to sound it's best just to be an a*****e,  I'm saying it to save people from being dissapointed and spending money on something that doens't soud as good as they read about. (YMMV)

Edit: I would also like to add that I also find the need for powerfull amps to be highly exaggerated in general but sometimes experience wirth the equipment in question is better than generalisation.

I say just be done with it and get the C3/BH combo and make all of your iems sound fantastic!
biggrin.gif

Edit: in spite of the fact that the C3 is a functional dinosaur!

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #1,350 of 4,956

Soryy about the outburst. This thread was the third I visited in 10 minutes very people make a lot of assumptions on stuff that they don't own or haven't even heard. I guess I'm haveing a bad hairday.

PEACE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back