The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 10, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #661 of 4,956
Nothing too special in the accessory department but I uploaded a pic anyway. There is also small simple bag that I forgot from the photo: http://i.imgur.com/B0u5JGV.jpg

TY. Looks like the foamie is the original comply that retails on their wesite and tagged w/TF10's than the vsonic's stock foamies, which is good ,as the complys have more mileage and the plastic tube is built to withstand many tip rollin,imho.

Other than that the stock accessory is pretty decent and standard which is really acceptable for the price being offered and also worth mentioning here that even most of the higher end IEMs offer just 3 pair silicon tips and a draw-string pouch. Vsonic,dunu,brainwavz are exemptions when it comes to accessories besides their SQ and price.

Thx again for posting a picture on request.

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #662 of 4,956

I think I said this in another thread the other day. The specs are not about real world human hearing. They are about the product performance rating in relation to one another. I just got my new earbuds which are rated to 16Hz over the old model which was 20Hz. They nailed it and I can hear the better reach in the higher model. Of course we can't hear to some of these specs they put out as low as 4Hz and high as 80,000Hz but they are just performance comparison numbers.

It just shows that Vsonic are telling us these will improve in these areas. They promise it or are leading us to believe it any how and certainly they can improve over the VSD1 on those fronts IME with them. The GR07 at 30,000 really reached much better than the VSD1's did and so should the VSD3.

I'm sorry but this is pure nonsense. If you heard another iem with "better" specs and it had better extension that was pure coincidence. And the VSD1LE had the exact same specs like gr07 and oh surprise, surprise - its treble rolls off earlier and is more laid backs that all the other vsonics with worse specs.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #665 of 4,956
  THE PRICE OF 367 PIECES VSD3S SOLD DURING PRE-SALE ON 01 JUNE WILL BE ADJUSTED TO RMB199.00

THE EXCESS RMB100.00 WILL BE REFUND TO EVERY BUYER.

So now they are almost US$35, WOW.
But these prices are the definitive or just for the pre-order?

I was going to buy the VSD1, but after finding these new VSD3 i'll wait for a while.

I hope that the'll become avaliable soon on Aliexpress...

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #667 of 4,956
  I'm sorry but this is pure nonsense. If you heard another iem with "better" specs and it had better extension that was pure coincidence. And the VSD1LE had the exact same specs like gr07 and oh surprise, surprise - its treble rolls off earlier and is more laid backs that all the other vsonics with worse specs.

So, you pick the one earphone they were doing god knows what with :) The VSD7 tuning stuff was not even very believable. That is a one off model and certainly an exception. There are always going to be exceptions but I  think the majority will disagree that better models within brands that have better F.R. listed fulfill that claim to some measure. Nonsense to feel they should deliver what they put on the box?  

When I ordered the VSD1 from LMUE the early specs were listed at 30,000 which was not true. But what was on the actual product was different which is why I asked for it from the box of the VSD3. If they list these as 31,500 and they don't live up to that versus other(experimental tuning models excluded) we should tell people what to expect and not expect from the product(Head-fi is made for this kind of info). What a consumer reads on the box and is being led to believe should be delivered after all Vsonic is supposed to be reputable and not some generic Chinese pusher of crap stuff. How is "I don't pay attention to those specs" of use or helpful esp. on Head-fi where we are supposed to be a useful resource and give people all the info they might need/want to make better purchases. Listing every product made 20-20,000 doesn't help differentiate quality at all. Telling them to not give any credence to a products claims is not helping either.

Not sure of the back and forth here. You bring up the LE and that is exactly the point of me asking for the specs and getting them stated here so we can start getting to truth about what Vsonic is claiming and actually putting forth. People want the answers about where these fit in. They are asking are these as good as the GR07 etc. They hear the CEO making claims stating a certain level of performance. I guess we just don't agree on what to do. I don't want to not pay attention to specs or the CEO. I want to find out the answers as to the lower 94 Sens. and how hard to drive they are, do they extend further than other models or not, do they perform up to other competitors models even regardless of the CEO's claims. Why should I blindly try one if I want something only if it will better my Tenore when I can get more info. I am years past the buy just to try stage.     

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #670 of 4,956

So, you pick the one earphone they were doing god knows what with :) The VSD7 tuning stuff was not even very believable. That is a one off model and certainly an exception. There are always going to be exceptions but I  think the majority will disagree that better models within brands that have better F.R. listed fulfill that claim to some measure. Nonsense to feel they should deliver what they put on the box?  

When I ordered the VSD1 from LMUE the early specs were listed at 30,000 which was not true. But what was on the actual product was different which is why I asked for it from the box of the VSD3. If they list these as 31,500 and they don't live up to that versus other(experimental tuning models excluded) we should tell people what to expect and not expect from the product(Head-fi is made for this kind of info). What a consumer reads on the box and is being led to believe should be delivered after all Vsonic is supposed to be reputable and not some generic Chinese pusher of crap stuff. How is "I don't pay attention to those specs" of use or helpful esp. on Head-fi where we are supposed to be a useful resource and give people all the info they might need/want to make better purchases. Listing every product made 20-20,000 doesn't help differentiate quality at all. Telling them to not give any credence to a products claims is not helping either.

Not sure of the back and forth here. You bring up the LE and that is exactly the point of me asking for the specs and getting them stated here so we can start getting to truth about what Vsonic is claiming and actually putting forth. People want the answers about where these fit in. They are asking are these as good as the GR07 etc. They hear the CEO making claims stating a certain level of performance. I guess we just don't agree on what to do. I don't want to not pay attention to specs or the CEO. I want to find out the answers as to the lower 94 Sens. and how hard to drive they are, do they extend further than other models or not, do they perform up to other competitors models even regardless of the CEO's claims. Why should I blindly try one if I want something only if it will better my Tenore when I can get more info. I am years past the buy just to try stage.     

No, I don't pick that. I've heard 90% of all vsonic iems and specs is not what I would be judging them by. Also, 99% of the manufacturers don't deliver the correct specs on the box - that's not something new introduced by vsonic or anything, so you're expecting that if they are not a "generic Chinese company" they should be giving you 100% correct info, especially one that follows your logic ot extension  and listed specs coz even far more expensive western brands can't be judged by their specs. No one who's been in this hobby long enough actually trusts the specs on the box, especially the the frequency response.So yeah, 99.99999999999999% of the time specs give you zero information about actual extension on both ends or how easy an iem is to drive.
It's a very rare occurrence to get any actual info on how an iem or headphone performs or is driven based on specs. That's what head-fi is for - to get opinion or review coz you can'r get any info from the manufacturer's specs and even from well done measurements and fr graphs. There are high-end iems and headphones that according to the specs extend to 30+khz that have rolled of treble, there are iems that according to the specs extend down to 5hz that have bass that starts rolling off at 50-60hz. There are iems that heave low impedance and high sensitivity that are very hard to drive and iems with high impedance and low sensitivity that are very easy to drive. 
Actually, I'm surprised you're commenting on this at all because sorry but that's what someone who's been in this hobby for a very short time and lacks experience will argue about. So expecting to judge an iem's performance on its specs coz you're "past the buy just to ttry stage" is ridiculous coz it's still all about that unless you really trust certain reviewers

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #671 of 4,956
Per Vsonic CEO, The pre_order of colored VSD3S (blue/red) is made available through a designated Tmall online store, selling at RMB 299. First batch should be issued and dispatched around 20th June.

Here is the link to the Tmall store with product pictures.

http://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39407149575

Nice colors...tempting!

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #673 of 4,956

It's not wise to judge an IEM based on the published frequency specs alone mainly because a lot of other data are hidden eg. 30,000Hz at what amplitude....-10dB or -100dB. Theoritically speaking -10dB is something you can hear and -100dB is something you can't hear. Assuming it actually reaches -10dB at 30,000Hz, do you think that frequency is audible to your ears??? It is a known fact that normal human hearing (with undamaged ears) is around 20hz-20,000hz (blame God for this limitation). In other words any frequency above 20,000Hz (20kHz) is totally useless to human hearing....well, unless you have ears like bats which can pickup ultrasonic frequencies...then 30,000Hz is certainly audible to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back