The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 6, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #631 of 4,956
There's no force in the universe that can make me pre-order another vsonic straight from China since the VC02 fiasco. I jumped on the Chinese pre-order since I couldn't wait and wanted to be among the first people to try it out and LMUE had said that they won't have it available right away. Long story short everyone in the world got their vc02 before me, including the people who ordered it from LMUE few weeks later - mine arrived 2 months later. And yeah, with China Post it doesn't matter if it's standard airmail shipping or EMS.

Now, this isn't a rule or something that happens all the time but I've waited 50+ days on more than one occasion for stuff coming straight from China while the average time for stuff from LMUE to arrive has been around a week.

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #632 of 4,956
  Sorry for being lazy but I don't want to search the whole thread to find answers for my questions.

1. What should be the difference between VSD3(S) and VSD5? (VSD5 will be more expensive so I assume that it should be probably at least a little better?)
2. Are VSD3(S) and VSD5 going to be released at the same time or VSD3(S) first and VSD5 sometime later? What are official release dates?

Thanks
regular_smile .gif

Post #596

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #635 of 4,956
Thanks for the pics! The right red and left blue is nice and the easiest way to ID them but, to me, the crystal blue looks even more fetching. Also wonder how much of an upgrade that cable is or would the FiiO cable for ~$30 be even better still.

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #637 of 4,956
Arrg, now I don't know whether to get that red and blue or sexy purple.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #638 of 4,956
According to VSONIC CEO, the red and blue VSD3/VSD3S is contracted order from third party and will not be available from VSONIC.

One who want to buy this version of VSD3/VSD3S need to check the market when/where will be available.

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #640 of 4,956
According to VSONIC CEO, the red and blue VSD3/VSD3S is contracted order from third party and will not be available from VSONIC.

One who want to buy this version of VSD3/VSD3S need to check the market when/where will be available.

Does this mean that any other colors beside red and blue will be manufactured directly by Vsonic?

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #642 of 4,956
New models from Vsonic? :O

Interested without a doubt

Any impressions? Are there suppose to be better than the GR 07?

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #645 of 4,956
I got my VSD3S today, and listened to them a few hours. I don't have enough hi-fi experience to really say how they match Shures or Weststones, but here are a few first-day notes (remember, no burn in):
 - They look very black from the outside, I would have liked them to be bit more transparent.
 - They look very nicely made with hi-fi look, especially the cord.
 - They feel very comfortable to wear.
 - They are very sensitive (easily driven), even more so than my ES18. This also means I can hear quiet hiss from most of my sources. For reference when playing from my Macbook Pro I'll have to set the volume to lowest setting and then lower it some more from music player to be comfortable.
  - Mid-bass isn't very strong but sometimes the deep bass surprises with it's power (but again, I haven't listened to real hifi-gear much).
  - It seems to be good at separation, meaning even listening to rock I can recognize different instruments clearly.

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase.

UPDATE:
After hearing them some more they seem to really shine in guitar and drums, something like Hotel California sounds amazing with wide dynamic range and you can clearly hear each instrument playing. Much better than anything I have owned (mostly in 20-80$ range). The bass is also very good and powerful on right kind of music. I the vocals seem bit veiled to me comparison to instruments on most tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back