The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #616 of 4,956
  I was going to say "smoke", but then I looked again and it was more like... "tar" 
tongue.gif

Hm, I sort of think this might've been planned by Vsonic. Just to beat the whole price-to-performance ratio thing in.

And I gotta say, removable cables for sub-$100 IEMs? Hell, IEMs in the region of $50? That should give a wake up to the companies who try get away with non-removable cables on their $300 IEMs.

I have the Somic MH415 that also has removable cables. They were around 15 euros when I bought them locally, and they gave 2 cables on the package (one with mic, one without). SQ isn't quite up to the Soundmagic ES18, but cables are good. I'm just hoping I can use those as backup cables with the VSONIC's since I have a habit of destroying cables.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #617 of 4,956
The vsonic vc02 have removable cable for $45 when I had them:smiley:

They did but they were more of a gimmick than a feature given that vsonic never released spare cables on the market and a lot of people complained about how easy they came off and were left with vc02 housings in their ears. And now it seems vsonic has taken that into consideration and apparently they will also be releasing fancier spare cables on the 20th this month

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #618 of 4,956
Yes, I know there are a couple of really low-priced earphones with removable cables, but I think what VSonic is offering is a bit more of a market shake-up here with what I assume will be good sound quality along with good build quality where some of those cheaper ones leave a lot to be desired.

Don't really like the pink-and-purple options myself, but the purple seems to look pretty spiffy. I think it would've been really nice if they had a neutral option in clear. The faceted design would look really good in clear.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #619 of 4,956
Don't really like the pink-and-purple options myself, but the purple seems to look pretty spiffy. I think it would've been really nice if they had a neutral option in clear. The faceted design would look really good in clear.

I haven't purchased any Vsonic IEMs yet, and these look intriguing. I do wish they had clear and black options for each product. Maybe pink and purple make more sense in the Chinese market. Not so much in the US...

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #620 of 4,956
  Mostly LMUE or bigbargainonline on ebay ( also penaonaudio.com, which is the same seller). Also, the purple look was released some time ago

Wow, I don't know if it's my taste, but that purple looks awesome! I might have to get me some of these... I've never owned a Vsonic IEM before, or an IEM that doesn't have some sort of Bass/V Shape emphasis(*wallet runs into corner*)

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #621 of 4,956

I have the Somic MH415 that also has removable cables. They were around 15 euros when I bought them locally, and they gave 2 cables on the package (one with mic, one without). SQ isn't quite up to the Soundmagic ES18, but cables are good. I'm just hoping I can use those as backup cables with the VSONIC's since I have a habit of destroying cables.

The Somic connectors are not MMCX so the cables won't work unforunately.

Purple does look good. Where are the pics of the crystal blue? Might have missed it. Assuming it might be lighter like the GR07 Classic blue as to be different from the purple.

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #624 of 4,956
  Interesting. Kinda of a bummer that the VSD5 will be only available in transparent purple and pink coz these aren't exactly my favorite colors lol. Also, I wonder whether LMUE will be refunding the people, who jumped on the pre-order or just roll with it and act like it's not a big deal.

2 things:

1. No way I'm getting a pink one 
wink_face.gif

2. If LMUE want's to keep loyal customers they better refund those RMB100. If for nothing else so for principal reason.

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #627 of 4,956
  VSD3S is back online for sale now. Price @RMB259.00, each account limit to buy max 3 pieces, free shipping within China.

The online store shows VSD3S has 5688 pieces in stock.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered it on Taobao. After adding 10 RMB/CNY for shipping to Australia, it's about US$10 less than the LMUE pre-order.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #629 of 4,956
Sorry for being lazy but I don't want to search the whole thread to find answers for my questions.

1. What should be the difference between VSD3(S) and VSD5? (VSD5 will be more expensive so I assume that it should be probably at least a little better?)
2. Are VSD3(S) and VSD5 going to be released at the same time or VSD3(S) first and VSD5 sometime later? What are official release dates?

Thanks
regular_smile .gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #630 of 4,956
Who did you use as your re-shipper? Or is that not needed?

I didn't use a re-shipper. I checked my order after it was submitted, and realised that I didn't choose the EMS (10 RMB/CNY) option. So I'm guessing it'd just be registered airmail, which is free. I did the same for the Havi B3-Pro previously and it arrived more quickly than I expected (I didn't expect it to arrive at all, in fact, since overseas shipping had only been recently introduced at that time). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back