The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #511 of 4,956
Subbed.

All you pre-ordered guys make me sick, and for no other reason than I didn't get a pair and you did lol.

Enjoy the and laugh at my pain lol

You're late to the party :wink:

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #512 of 4,956
I rarely buy things without seeing reviews buy VSONIC gets me excited :). I just bought the VDS3S from Tmall (http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39231181249).

They opened sales almost two hours ago and now they have sold 350 of the 1000 available.

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #515 of 4,956
Hate to say it but that finish looks below par and rushed.Hope the sound is not lacking.

I personally think they look pretty nice. Time will show though.

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #517 of 4,956
Well, probably color matching - if you look closely you'l see that the housing is kinda brownish and thus a brown cable and the driver appears to have an amberish color similar to the connectors.  I honestly don't care - the current design looks pretty good to me. Now, whether everyone likes it is a different thing but the loook is definitely not rushed on the side of vsonic coz as far as I know they've tested a whole bunch of colors and materials and most likely that caused some of the delay everyone was complaining about.
Also, one can always complain and question whether Vsonic's CEO spent as much as he claims on the housings and the design and whether these are actually one of the most expensive iems to ever be manufactured  in China. The rumors and the legend says that he spent so much money on the new vsd3 and vsd5 line that they had to put all of their other projects on hold 

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #519 of 4,956
Aren't the SE846 built in China?
  he claims the housings and the design and whether these are actually one of the most expensive iems to ever be manufactured  in China. The rumors and the legend says that he spent so much money on the new vsd3 and vsd5 line that they had to put all of their other projects on hold 

...also, is there a spec page in English anywhere?

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #520 of 4,956
  Well, probably color matching - if you look closely you'l see that the housing is kinda brownish and thus a brown cable and the driver appears to have an amberish color similar to the connectors.  I honestly don't care - the current design looks pretty good to me. Now, whether everyone likes it is a different thing but the loook is definitely not rushed on the side of vsonic coz as far as I know they've tested a whole bunch of colors and materials and most likely that caused some of the delay everyone was complaining about.
Also, one can always complain and question whether Vsonic's CEO spent as much as he claims on the housings and the design and whether these are actually one of the most expensive iems to ever be manufactured  in China. The rumors and the legend says that he spent so much money on the new vsd3 and vsd5 line that they had to put all of their other projects on hold 

Well said. I dont think they rushed in producing these vsd3. It took them soo long to release after the annoucements made. They made extensive R&D to make sure the design is nice which I think is sleek, and ofcoz the sq too which vsonic never fails to deliver. I am sure Vsonic has been keeping close tabs on recent cheap IEMs that delivers in terms of sq like ostrys, carbo audios etc I am having high hopes for these. Surely time will tell.

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #522 of 4,956
  Aren't the SE846 built in China?
...also, is there a spec page in English anywhere?

Could be but I'm pretty sure he meant one of the most expensive manufactured by a Chinese company. And anyway, it's easy to make an iem with high-end materials if you're a big company and you'll be selling it for $1000+. It's a huge investement when you're trying to match the top of the line quality and sell the iem for 50 bucks.
  Well said. I dont think they rushed in producing these vsd3. It took them soo long to release after the annoucements made. They made extensive R&D to make sure the design is nice which I think is sleek, and ofcoz the sq too which vsonic never fails to deliver. I am sure Vsonic has been keeping close tabs on recent cheap IEMs that delivers in terms of sq like ostrys, carbo audios etc I am having high hopes for these. Surely time will tell.

Well, Vsonic's CEO is welll-known for hearing all of the competition even if only to make fun of them later lol

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #523 of 4,956

Could be but I'm pretty sure he meant one of the most expensive manufactured by a Chinese company. And anyway, it's easy to make an iem with high-end materials if you're a big company and you'll be selling it for $1000+. It's a huge investement when you're trying to match the top of the line quality and sell the iem for 50 bucks.
Well, Vsonic's CEO is welll-known for hearing all of the competition even if only to make fun of them later lol

The $50 price point is what I wonder about - I mean if the VSD3 performance really was able to approach a SE535 or W4, couldn't they price at $99 and not take too much of a hit in volume? - at $50, a lot of the cost of manufacture has to be taken up by detachable cables, and other elements that have more to do with ergonomics than sound reproduction.

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #525 of 4,956
I'm actually digging the chocolate / brown color (http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39231181249&utm_source=weibolife) it looks better then the solid black models a few months ago (although I would prefer the lime green foams)

Quote:

The CEO posted that they'll be 6 of these translucent purple models among the preorders but I'm not sure if that's including LMUE.

Quote: Google Translate
 About Wire: After the pre-sale will increase the enhanced version of our official wire within a month (GR07 share) available VSD3 user.

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back