The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Mar 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #333 of 4,956
I ordered my IM50s long ago, but if these ever see the light of day I'm game.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #334 of 4,956
  Well, as I said I wouldn't use v7007 as an example coz AFAIK there were issues with certain patents and Astrotec as I remember Vsonic's CEO was mad at Astrotec about the AX60 and some ripped off designs and stuff.
Anyway, of course, it would have been nice if Vsonic's CEO was as engaged with the international community as James is but he isn't and we can't make him. The new iems might be on the verge of release or he might not be taking too much heat from the community about the delays and that's why he hasn't given an explanation on weibo by now like he did recently in reply to the allegations that Gr07 classic doesn't have the same drivers and diaphragms as the original Gr07. 

Yep, I wish he(the son/current CEO) didn't seem so impetuous. After AKG came out with the 3003 it seemed that it was like "I'll show you" and there was the we're making a few pieces of a $1,499 earphone to show what we can do thing. The whole triple hybrid thing which also never came about either. I also subscribe to that they might not have a lot of manpower so why delay by taking these detours because the CEO wants to get in a pissing contest or something. Finish your earphones, finally put out a flagship and not worry about headphones, DAP's, amps and other stuff you want to talk about.

I am disappointed in them. Shame DUNU has two triple hybrid's and so does TPEOS. Sony and Astrotec as well yet no Vsonic. I am expecting my turn on the Astrotec AX60 tour in the next couple of days when it comes in the mail. Seems like the tuning isn't quite right but Vsonic has place talking about Astrotec's tuning. The first early GR07 wasn't that well tuned and probably wasn't really finished till the MKII. I just got a Vsonic UU2 a couple of weeks ago and they botched the tuning on that one. Astrotec has a whole hybrid line now and tuning is improving with each model. They CEO looks kinda silly now since he doesn't even have a single hybrid when his was rumored to be the second one coming after the K3003. That silly triple hybrid thread was like being taken on a long ride to nowhere and made us feel like a bunch of suckers waiting on that one. In light of that and all the stuff said and missed deadlines I don't blame anyone throwing some jabs at Vsonic. I don't mind throwing them a few jabs in fun/jest like "#vaporware" or the BUY MY PRODUCTS img but I wouldn't do it if the CEO was more like James regardless if he came on Head-fi or not. 

I still am on board with these models and will try one, the VSD3S probably when it comes along. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #335 of 4,956
Wel, having a bunch of hybrids in your line-up is not everything and definitely not necessary for a great iem. I'm also pretty sure Vsonic's CEO said he wasn't very keen on using BA drivers and Vsonic seems to be taking more of a sennheiser approach to higher end audio given that both VSD7 and VSD9 will be single dynamic driver iems. As far as him bashing on other manufacturers - that's pretty rare and it was mainly about the AX60 and its tuning, which is something other people like Rin, for instance, also mocked. Vsonic's CEO mentioned the dn1000's release and said nothing bad about it, so he's not just bashing on all the competitor's products - just the onse he thinks are not worth the asking price.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #336 of 4,956
Okay, regardless of hybrids or any CEO talk whatsoever, as a veteran going way back to the first talk and wait for the R07pro, Vsonic still have disappointed. I thought they would be a cheaper but still competitive alternative to the overprice Shure, Westone, even Sony(the EX700 was how much? for that thing) stuff back then. Their flagship would be $300 and not $500 and be right there with the big boys, another real player. In my dreams I really didn't think almost 5 years later they wouldn't even have one. Another tuning of the GR07 with a little more bass, that's it? 

The DN2000 as my avatar peaks my interest, where is the Vsonic model to compete with it and others for my $$$? My two cents anyhow :)

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #338 of 4,956
Alright c'mon Vsonic, get those VSD's out. Gilly needs his MMCX fix
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #342 of 4,956
  Whatever happened to the K3003 rip-offs they were "working on"?

Oh those things, they're old news, you can purchase them here: http://tinyurl.com/7xmocg9

They've been canceled for a long time now. :)

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #343 of 4,956

Oh those things, they're old news, you can purchase them here: http://tinyurl.com/7xmocg9

They've been canceled for a long time now. :)

They've been cancelled? I don't remember them announcing anything like that though?

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #344 of 4,956

They've been cancelled? I don't remember them announcing anything like that though?

Far as I know Vsonic are no longer going ahead with V7007, unless someone knows something I don't please correct me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back