The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #91 of 4,956
Absolutely fantastic. Let's wait another 1 month.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #92 of 4,956
These IEMs better be good...

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #94 of 4,956
Well, Vsonic's CEO said a couple of months ago that they are almost finished with the VSD3 but that after the molding process is finished they'll have to do some final tuning. I guess a 1 month or so delay is not that bad but they consistently fall behind the announced dates, so they should probably stop announcing anything altogether and start the hype only when they are done with the actual manufacturing and are ready for shipping. 
As far as detachable cables - the new flagships VSD7 and VSD9 should both have them as Vsonic;s CEO mentioned that they've been working on their connectors similar to the shure's mmcx ones but better and that they've patented them.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #96 of 4,956

Yeah, but who knows when those will come out... Actually, won't the VSD3 also have them?

As far as I know, no. Vsonic's CEO only mentioned them in regard to VSD7/S and VSD9. I honestly don't know why this sudden expectation for detachable cables and not only for $100-200 iems but in sub-$100 range too?

A couple of years ago the iems with detachable cables costing less than 300 bucks could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The se215 was probably the first cheaper iem to get detachable cables (and actually a lot of people complained about them having issues) and now most people expect detachable cables to a point that someone like Gilly87 doesn't want to buy iems over 100 bucks that don't have detachable cables as if all manufacturers are suddenly obliged to make all their mid-level iems with replaceable cables. 

And yeah, who knows when the new flagships will come out with Vsonic's recent track record - again I won't even comment on the portable and full-sized cans they were supposed to have released last fall.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #97 of 4,956

Yeah, but who knows when those will come out... Actually, won't the VSD3 also have them?

As far as I know, no. Vsonic's CEO only mentioned them in regard to VSD7/S and VSD9. I honestly don't know why this sudden expectation for detachable cables and not only for $100-200 iems but in sub-$100 range too?

Look at the first post of this thread. Not a big deal to me either.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #98 of 4,956

A couple of years ago the iems with detachable cables costing less than 300 bucks could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The se215 was probably the first cheaper iem to get detachable cables (and actually a lot of people complained about them having issues) and now most people expect detachable cables to a point that someone like Gilly87 doesn't want to buy iems over 100 bucks that don't have detachable cables as if all manufacturers are suddenly obliged to make all their mid-level iems with replaceable cables. 

And yeah, who knows when the new flagships will come out with Vsonic's recent track record - again I won't even comment on the portable and full-sized cans they were supposed to have released last fall.

Would you have an idea of the price range of the VSD7 or VSD9? 

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #99 of 4,956
  Would you have an idea of the price range of the VSD7 or VSD9? 

It's been mentioned several times - the VSD7 will probably cost around what the Gr07 before it was announced it will be discontinued and was discounted, so around $170-180 probably. The VSD9  will be circa $600 

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #101 of 4,956
They're not obliged, I'm sure they'll do as they please, but $100+ on earphones is quite an investment if you ask anyone but an audiophile; I think its only sensible to expect that they be made to last. Most speakers over $100 have replaceable cables, do they not? And they aren't even expected to endure daily abuse...its a tiny expense on the part of the manufacturer that creates an enormous amount of value for the customer, it just seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm not sure why you'd object, either.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #104 of 4,956
  so which one is supposed to sound like the se535 and which one is supposed to sound like the se846 again? :p

The VSD3 is supposed to be tuned like the se535 according to kova4a someone challenged the ceo to tune it like se846.
The VSD3s is supposed to be tuned like the W4r.

Quote:
  Well, Vsonic's CEO said a couple of months ago that they are almost finished with the VSD3 but that after the molding process is finished they'll have to do some final tuning. I guess a 1 month or so delay is not that bad but they consistently fall behind the announced dates, so they should probably stop announcing anything altogether and start the hype only when they are done with the actual manufacturing and are ready for shipping. 
As far as detachable cables - the new flagships VSD7 and VSD9 should both have them as Vsonic;s CEO mentioned that they've been working on their connectors similar to the shure's mmcx ones but better and that they've patented them.

kova4a, do you know if the VSD3 & VSD3s are coming out at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back