The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Oct 15, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,909 of 4,956
I guess i got the older vds3s with straight jack. Had it for like 2-3months now and it one day on the bus cut off both channels like rapid fire mode but after that been working perfectly even when twisting the cable. Very much enjoying it. Miles better than my old Sennheiser CX300 mk2s in every single way. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #4,911 of 4,956
So, the cable on my old VSD3S died a few months ago. I could probably get a new jack and a solder kit, but I figured I might just replace them with the updated VSD3S instead for a little bit more. Looking through the last few pages, I get the impression that it's a slight, but worthy upgrade if you liked the VSD3S already.

I was considering Havi B3s, but I think I'll play it safe with the VSD3S since I know what I'm getting and B3 reviews seem somehwat mixed depending on the build quality of the ones you get.

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #4,912 of 4,956
  So, the cable on my old VSD3S died a few months ago. I could probably get a new jack and a solder kit, but I figured I might just replace them with the updated VSD3S instead for a little bit more. Looking through the last few pages, I get the impression that it's a slight, but worthy upgrade if you liked the VSD3S already.

I was considering Havi B3s, but I think I'll play it safe with the VSD3S since I know what I'm getting and B3 reviews seem somehwat mixed depending on the build quality of the ones you get.

Build quality across both the Havi B3s and VSD3S has overall been pretty similar in my opinion, for better or worse. But the sound signatures are vastly different so I'd recommend sticking with the VSD3S if you like it.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #4,913 of 4,956
just order VSD3S (red and blue) on lend me your ears. Really excited about trying them on, and and coming from something like sony MH1C, little worried as VSD3s are famous for their sibilance. I hope that would not be a problem.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #4,914 of 4,956
  just order VSD3S (red and blue) on lend me your ears. Really excited about trying them on, and and coming from something like sony MH1C, little worried as VSD3s are famous for their sibilance. I hope that would not be a problem.

they are great, punch well above their price, detailed, wide , 3D soundstage, plenty of bass, I do not notice much in the way of sibilance on these new versions. I do have spiral dot tips on mine.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #4,915 of 4,956
Hey guys,  after a year and 3 months, my black VSD3S broke. The left ear has lost connection.

They're amazing IEMs. Soundstage is great, and the right amount of bass, mid and treble. Sibilance has never been something I've particularly noticed. I'm about to buy another pair from LMUE, in blue and red, same as shahkhan.

Was just wondering how the Fidue A65 compares? I hear they're very good.  They're a little bit more expensive than the VSD3S,. Are they better in any way or shall I stick with the vsonic?

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #4,916 of 4,956
Hey guys,  after a year and 3 months, my black VSD3S broke. The left ear has lost connection.

They're amazing IEMs. Soundstage is great, and the right amount of bass, mid and treble. Sibilance has never been something I've particularly noticed. I'm about to buy another pair from LMUE, in blue and red, same as shahkhan.

Was just wondering how the Fidue A65 compares? I hear they're very good.  They're a little bit more expensive than the VSD3S,. Are they better in any way or shall I stick with the vsonic?

I never came across one which has same level of clarity,detail,BASS,mids,fit etc as vsd3s in its price bracket yet......its just me sayin.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,917 of 4,956
I never came across one which has same level of clarity,detail,BASS,mids,fit etc as vsd3s in its price bracket yet......its just me sayin.

That does it then, VSD3S it is.

I do wish they hadn't changed to a right angled jack though, it means I will probably have to remove my phone case. It was easy with the straight jack.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,918 of 4,956

I'd say the Trinity Audio Hyperion beats the VSD3S for build quality and fit, but even keeping in mind that it's a different sound signature altogether, there isn't quite as much clarity and the bass isn't as tight as in the VSD3S. So for the most part, my opinion mirrors yours. I just would choose the Hyperion 100% of the time because the VSD3/S doesn't fit well in my ear.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #4,919 of 4,956
I ordered the VS3DS in blue red just now and used LMUECUST which gave me 5% off the price so, 64 singapore dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back