The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #17,371 of 29,017
  ^^ I just posted about Wosniak, then you end your post with the name Steve, YKWIM 
biggrin.gif

Hey,....."stuff happens" (Sorry, bud)

You're right though that is a pretty good commercial  (I wonder who picked the Sennheiser & VPI pieces used for the commercial
& how much of a royalty they were paid for their inclusion in the commercial ?)

Talking about "product placement" in the new "Odd Couple" TV series there is another pair of Martin Logan loudspeakers in
plain view every episode as they were in Matthew Perry's apartment for years on "Friends".

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #17,372 of 29,017
  Hey,....."stuff happens" (Sorry, bud)

You're right though that is a pretty good commercial  (I wonder who picked the Sennheiser & VPI pieces used for the commercial
& how much of a royalty they were paid for their inclusion in the commercial ?)

Talking about "product placement" in the new "Odd Couple" TV series there is another pair of Martin Logan loudspeakers in
plain view every episode as they were in Matthew Perry's apartment for years on "Friends".

I saw the commercial for the first time on a PGA telecast, golf is one of my few outside audio passions.

What I liked, no one piece of equipment or even Woz was named, either you know it or you don't, If it's good enough for Woz it's good enough for me or is it the other way around 

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #17,373 of 29,017
There are some celebrities that are into high end hifi (even though I don't care a lot about celebrrities).

Jobs had a good speaker rig and recently there was an actor stotted (I don't know his name) wearing the Audez'e LCD-XC on a walk through the city. Why not? They're human beings, too and some of them are more into hifi than others.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #17,374 of 29,017
You know how several postings back there was a discussion about how everyone was 'mis-naming'  the HD 800 (or whatever other Sennheiser (Why does this keep getting underlined it's spelled CORRECTLY)* HD models) as HD800. Well if you look at any number  of thread titles over here guess how they are referred to as.

Yeah,exactly!!!!........With this in mind how much of a surprise is it that people write this incorrectly when 'all' the thread titles remain 'incorrect'

*(please correct the spell check function to disregard product names;or put them all in the database) (spellcheck assumptions? &
people still insist 'Artificial Intelligence' is a valid concept; TOTL 'nonsense)

(better yet how do I turn OFF the spellcheck function ?: I'll live on the 'edge' of being 'literate' & take my chances)

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #17,376 of 29,017
  You know how several postings back there was a discussion about how everyone was 'mis-naming'  the HD 800 (or whatever other Sennheiser (Why does this keep getting underlined it's spelled CORRECTLY)* HD models) as HD800. Well if you look at any number  of thread titles over here guess how they are referred to as.

Yeah,exactly!!!!........With this in mind how much of a surprise is it that people write this incorrectly when 'all' the thread titles remain 'incorrect'

*(please correct the spell check function to disregard product names;or put them all in the database) (spellcheck assumptions? &
people still insist 'Artificial Intelligence' is a valid concept; TOTL 'nonsense)

(better yet how do I turn OFF the spellcheck function ?: I'll live on the 'edge' of being 'literate' & take my chances)

You can right click the word and add it to your dictionary or ignore it.

you can turn it off by going to "Languages->Manage settings" But this will turn off the add-in for all sites I think...

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #17,377 of 29,017

You can right click the word and add it to your dictionary or ignore it.

you can turn it off by going to "Languages->Manage settings" But this will turn off the add-in for all sites I think...

Wow, thanks !

Now I can be less of a grumpy 'Curmudgeon' than I tend to be ! (Still a 'Curmudgeon' , but slightly more 'social' )

~steve

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #17,378 of 29,017
  Are there any other people here that are not sure about buying the HD800 because of the rumors of a newer version of HD800?

To my eyes you are the one making up the rumors, I don't see anyone else consistently speculating on a successor of the HD800...

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #17,381 of 29,017
Sennheiser won't kill off the HD800, it is the most successful high-end headphone of all time. That doesn't make sense.

What I can see happening is a new Sennheiser Orpheus. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #17,385 of 29,017
Lol
I will explain my weird situation.
I had the HD800 about 4 Years ago, didn't have money for a DAC/amp, but they still sounded amazing out of an MP3 player, then I sold them, and I regret that.

Now I'm thinking about getting another pair.
I never heard the PS1000 BTW, but have read about some people liking them more than the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back