The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #7,531 of 28,989
Sorry to throw a dumb question into this august thread... Anyone have an opinion as to where the best place is to buy the HD800s in the UK? (Or from the UK?). Clearly, I want to avoid counterfeits, old stock, etc...

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,532 of 28,989
Sorry to throw a dumb question into this august thread... Anyone have an opinion as to where the best place is to buy the HD800s in the UK? (Or from the UK?). Clearly, I want to avoid counterfeits, old stock, etc...

Shoot Sennheiser sales support an email for authorized dealers in your area.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #7,534 of 28,989

I bought mine from Petertyson.co.uk last spring, came the next day. Mine were brand new and from the very latest batch. I did have to ring them up for the order though, the website prompted me to call them during the check out process. They were very helpful and professional. 

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/sennheiser_hd800.shtml

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #7,535 of 28,989

I got mine from Audio Affair in Birmingham.

They also offer 30 refund guarantee just in case you did not like them. I fully expected to send mine back, guess what happened!!  
wink_face.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #7,536 of 28,989

They also offer 30 refund guarantee just in case you did not like them. I fully expected to send mine back, guess what happened!!  
wink_face.gif

I think you've been lucky there my friend.

I've tried Audio Affair 3 times... 1st time they they sent me a defective Creek amplifier. Second time a second hand amplifier (after waiting weeks) Third time they just didn't send a cable that I ordered. Had to go though quite a process to get my money back. 

I did give them another chance when I was enquiring about the HD800. The manager said he would call me straight back to do the order. Guess what? He never called back. Not my favorite company at all. Judging by the negative feedback on the web I'm not the only one...

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #7,537 of 28,989
That's a really nice stack you have there! I also use the BDv2. Impression with the Yulong amp would be most welcome!

The Yulong A18 is very sweet sounding, and lots of punch to the sound. I really want to try it with the XLR out. There is a lot of bass from these phones! (and come from LCD2s)
I really should not have bought the BDv2 as I really prefer the sound of the stock cable (blasphemy, yes I know). With the BD I feel the sound is more veiled and brings the phone closer to the LCD2 than I would like. The reason I bought the cable at the same time as the phones was that the pair I listened to a few weeks ago, on the same rig, sounded peaky in certain songs.. this one does not, oddly.
I've requested the frequency graph from Sennheiser.. it will be interesting to see it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #7,538 of 28,989
  Shoot Sennheiser sales support an email for authorized dealers in your area.

Hifi lounge and custom cable are sennheiser club Orpheus dealers. I have dealt with both and can recommend them. Great service .

I bought mine from Petertyson.co.uk last spring, came the next day. Mine were brand new and from the very latest batch. I did have to ring them up for the order though, the website prompted me to call them during the check out process. They were very helpful and professional. 

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/sennheiser_hd800.shtml

wink_face.gif

Thank you so much, folks. That's added a couple of possibilities that I haven't come across yet. Amused by the nigeljames' experience - we do tell ourselves comforting stories, don't we? I'm just going to try them out... I'm going to put up with the amps I've got already... etc. etc.  Another rabbit-hole beckons. Thank you all again!

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #7,540 of 28,989
  Thank you so much, folks. That's added a couple of possibilities that I haven't come across yet. Amused by the nigeljames' experience - we do tell ourselves comforting stories, don't we? I'm just going to try them out... I'm going to put up with the amps I've got already... etc. etc.  Another rabbit-hole beckons. Thank you all again!

Another rabbit hole?? ah crap...you means there's more than one 
eek.gif
??? all this time I have just been going deeper into the first one
blink.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #7,541 of 28,989
  I think you've been lucky there my friend.

I've tried Audio Affair 3 times... 1st time they they sent me a defective Creek amplifier. Second time a second hand amplifier (after waiting weeks) Third time they just didn't send a cable that I ordered. Had to go though quite a process to get my money back. 

I did give them another chance when I was enquiring about the HD800. The manager said he would call me straight back to do the order. Guess what? He never called back. Not my favorite company at all. Judging by the negative feedback on the web I'm not the only one...

I think you might be right. I recently e-mailed them 3 times regarding another matter and never got a reply.

At least I am local so I could pick up what I wanted without be given the runaround.

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #7,542 of 28,989
Got the Frequency graph from Sennheiser today for my HD800 SN 269XX..
I like that they email it now instead of snail mail  :p

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #7,544 of 28,989
Guys how do you request such graph?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back