1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by valentinhogea, Feb 10, 2013.
  1. RCBinTN
    Yeah, I didn't actually stuff a sock in the HD800 LOL. The HD800S just are less bright, more "veiled" than the HD800, which I think takes away the best trait of the HD800.
    YMMV of course. A lot of it depends on the type of music you prefer :)

omniweltall likes this.
  2. FLTWS
    Yes it is.

3. Ichos
    I have owned HD800 stock and sdr modded for two years and eventually migrated to HD800s.
    I have spent endless hours (before selling them) comparing them and at the end i don't find the HD800s
    veiled or with some kind of sock stuffed into them.
    They are a tad more warm sounding without loosing the famous detail at all.
    May be a 5% loss in head stage but with better overall tonality.
    Just my opinion though.

TYATYA and Nik74 like this.
  4. whirlwind
    There are times I go awhile and not listen to the HD800 headphones.
    Have even thought about selling them , then I throw them on for a listen, and I always think, what a wonderful sound and headphone this is.
    It sounds wonderful from all of my amps, the music is just presented in a little different way.

If you could only have one headphone and it was the HD800, you are living large :sunglasses:

Nik74, RCBinTN, Cann3dh33t and 2 others like this.
  5. nephilim32
    That has been my feeling for the last 6 years...only difference between you and I is that I never thought about selling them .:)

Right now. I haven't been able to listen to my 800's in over a month because I have a Newborn son. I just know once I get some time with them again the "wow" factor will be through the roof .
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Pretty soon I am gonna grab a pair of LCD XC's for quiet, non disruptive listening .

TYATYA, whirlwind and Nik74 like this.
  6. floydfan33
    Well, I'm back! 3rd time around with the HD800.

My first ones were SN 7999, 2nd were 38XXX, and these are 36XXX. It may be fickle audio memory but my 2nd pair had a nasty 6K spike that pretty much required Sonarworks to be listenable with some music, but these seem much smoother and more balanced.

Anyone know if Sennheiser will send the frequency chart to a 2nd or 3rd owner?

7. johnjen
    They did for my 2nd set of used 800's.

JJ

floydfan33 likes this.
  8. Cann3dh33t
    They did for my set, also 2nd owner.

9. floydfan33
    Thanks for confirming! Did you fill out the registration page or just send them an email?

10. johnjen
    If memory serves (no guaranties) I filled out the form.
    JJ

floydfan33 likes this.
  11. Cann3dh33t
    Same for me.. try the form, give it some time then email.

12. leng jai
    Anyone know if you can buy replacements for the black metal grill? Can't seem to find the specific part number on the Sennheiser site.

13. floydfan33
    Filled out the form and chart received!

14. Thenewguy007
    Strangely, they seemed to stop selling replacement parts.

They used to have every part available on their websites for HD800 parts, but now nothing. Not even the headband appears there anymore.

15. leng jai
    Wow that sucks, the fact that it was completely modular was one of the selling points for it.