The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,071 of 28,989
Quote:
The truth be known I have never tried the usb.I am a big Audeophilleo fan and given the issues with the Conductors tenor application of the usb I saw no reason to put myself through that.

Probably a wise choice. :) Maybe one day I will try a stand-alone interface to compare.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,072 of 28,989
Quote:
Has anyone tried the HD800 on the new WA7 or the Burson Conductor.

I've had the HD800 paired with WA7 for the last 2 weeks. Can't really compare the WA7 to any gear discussed so far in this thread, but to my ears this combo really delivers. It's for the first time that while listening my attention is not drawn to some flaws in the sound and I can just enjoy the music. I'll spare you all the talk about detail, smoothness, dynamics etc. - it's all there, as much as one can ask for considering the price tag. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #2,075 of 28,989
What do you guys think of this color combo?

I'm thinking of either getting that... or a different color for the rings such as red, blue or white. Going to keep everything else matte black.

Also... any opinions on matte vs glossy for the 800's?

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #2,077 of 28,989
Quote:
I thought about going red and black.

I would do the same. My favorite colors are red, black and white sooo... :)
Go for a red ring
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #2,078 of 28,989
Planning to get a pair of HD800's in May. From what everyone has been saying, the best thing would be to go with a Colorware right from the beginning.

Found this picture of an all black (matte, I believe?) on the Colorware website gallery and think it's drool worthy :D

Most likely would go all matte black, but if I were to go for some different color, I would still be going all black and only get the ring around the mesh part a different color.... maybe yellow or red? What do you guys think? Heh.

My first headphones were the K702 Anniversaries which I returned due to a rattling issue in one of the earcups. Figured now that I have some more money saved up, I would go for a flagship instead. I currently have the FiiO E9K/E17 combo for an amp and DAC and would be running that with the HD800's until I can get a tube amp (most likely the Woo Audio WA7 because it looks super sexy and from what I've been reading, pairs well with the 800's.

That one might be mine. No way to tell from that picture though. I say go matte black. :D

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #2,081 of 28,989
Matte black and then pick whatever ring color you want. I personally don't like yellow, but that's just me.

Really didn't like the gloss look, but I haven't on any gear, so again...just me.

Quote:

I'm thinking of either getting that... or a different color for the rings such as red, blue or white. Going to keep everything else matte black.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2,082 of 28,989
Quote:

I like this combo, and it makes sense somehow: yellow is a very bright color , in contrast with black.

Maybe I'd replace the black with some dark blue, and you'd get a very contrasted blue yellow opposition.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2,083 of 28,989
Quote:

Aside from Colorware indicating that their gloss paint is more durable, I would definitely suggest the matte finish.  It just looks better.  Plus I've seen Maxvla's pair up close, and the matte finish still seemed significantly more durable than the stock finish.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2,084 of 28,989
Agreed on the finish on Chris' cans.

Top notch.

Quote:

Aside from Colorware indicating that their gloss paint is more durable, I would definitely suggest the matte finish.  It just looks better.  Plus I've seen Maxvla's pair up close, and the matte finish still seemed significantly more durable than the stock finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back