The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 10, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #631 of 2,621
You guys that pre-ordered from Sennheiser and are waiting on your HD560S should be happy that you are able to do so.

Had Sennheiser not taken pre-orders, and instead based their sales on the inventory available at the moment, they would have sold out immediately, and many of you would not be in line to get the HD560S. So consider yourself lucky.

Meanwhile, I think many of us who have been headophiles for a long time will agree with me when I say that in the grand scheme of things, waiting a few extra weeks for a new audio product at first release due to limited inventory isn't a big deal as long as you have headphones to use in the meantime. 6 months from now, no one will care that this happened. And Sennheiser has promised to work on their notifications. So it's all good.

Just be glad you are not Philips fans who waited 6 months after Philips announced the release for the X3 was going to be last January/February.
Regarding the X3, yeah, I waited like half year or more, can't remember but their price point turned me away because I can't justify the price of €349 from a brand like Philips. So I went for the HD560S for €179. Pretty good deal if you ask me and me like it so far ^^

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #635 of 2,621
Regarding the X3, yeah, I waited like half year or more, can't remember but their price point turned me away because I can't justify the price of €349 from a brand like Philips. So I went for the HD560S for €179. Pretty good deal if you ask me and me like it so far ^^

Remember last September? Everyone was excited over the press about the new X3.

Then we found out it wouldn't be until January / February 2020.

Then early 2020, crickets. Then it took months to find out that it was put off because of coronavirus.

That had to be torture for people that were really looking forward to it last fall.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #636 of 2,621
Remember last September? Everyone was excited over the press about the new X3.

Then we found out it wouldn't be until January / February 2020.

Then early 2020, crickets. Then it took months to find out that it was put off because of coronavirus.

That had to be torture for people that were really looking forward to it last fall.
I remember that! Been waiting for it since last year!

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #637 of 2,621
Now, imagine if the X3 wasn't all it was cracked up to be. That'd be even worse 🤔

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #639 of 2,621
Now after the hd560s hype has died down somewhat, everyone is hyping up the PC38x headset. I wish they did not have that yellow bee-like thing theme and the ridiculously big gamer-ish microphone. Can I just get a sub $200 all-black Senn headphone with wide soundstage for games and movies please (if the hd560s still don't do those things well after all)?

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #640 of 2,621
I have them from wednesday and I must sadly say that HD 560 S are disappointing for me.
They are one step forward and two or three steps backwards compared to the older 600/650.
600/650 sounds just more natural (especially voices/vocals) with better timbre and tone.
Of course these are cheaper but I would rather get second hand pair of 600/650 than these new.

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #643 of 2,621
I have them from wednesday and I must sadly say that HD 560 S are disappointing for me.
They are one step forward and two or three steps backwards compared to the older 600/650.
600/650 sounds just more natural (especially voices/vocals) with better timbre and tone.
Of course these are cheaper but I would rather get second hand pair of 600/650 than these new.
Do you mind elaborating? How is the soundstage compared to 650?

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #645 of 2,621
Yeah, but you could buy second hand pair of 6XX/600/650 in great condition for the price of new HD 560 S.
Yes I know, what I'm saying is sonically it's not a fair fight, if the older ones were once flagships.

They are indeed great headphones.

The HD 560S isn't a flagship (obviously!) but offers a more neutral sound that can brutally expose gear and song quality, in my opinion at least...
That's what I like about them though but no doubt about the pedigree of the former flagships.

They will remain a preference for many people and I respect that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back