The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 7, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #531 of 2,621
You have a 30-day return guarantee and free return shipping. Why do you keep going on about losing money? I understand and value that as customers we have rights, but at some point its irresponsible to keep spreading misinformation.

30 days from date of order not date of delivery. read the sennheiser site. unless i read it wrong then please inform me, im already at 14 days from date of order, add in 5 more say for shipping... and pushing our luck on the timing if i read it right.

also if I fail to refuse it, I do believe you do have to pay return shipping, not sure. either way this is a good lesson imo, no big deal we can all move on.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #532 of 2,621
Oct 7, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #533 of 2,621
30 days from date of order not date of delivery. read the sennheiser site. unless i read it wrong then please inform me, im already at 14 days from date of order, add in 5 more say for shipping... and pushing our luck on the timing if i read it right.

also if I fail to refuse it, I do believe you do have to pay return shipping, not sure. either way this is a good lesson imo, no big deal we can all move on.

Sennheiser just posted yesterday to you in this thread that they will take care of you. They will let you know when they have more information.

Relax. You've already been promised special treatment. Your anxiety is not doing any good for you.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #534 of 2,621
I received them today, so here are my first impressions:
- compared to HD 600/650 the 560 S are drier and brighter
- soundstage is definitely wider, no 3 blob like 600/650
- mids are little thinner
- 560 S sounds natural but sometimes little bit "tinny"
- 600/650 sounds more "romantic", 560 S sounds more technical - cooler
- sounds more exciting than 600/650
- not a big fan of build, 600/650 feels much more premium

IMG_20201007_171714.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #535 of 2,621
I received them today, so here are my first impressions:
- compared to HD 600/650 the 560 S are drier and brighter
- soudstage is definitely wider, no 3 blob like 600/650
- mids are thinner
- 560 S sounds natural but sometimes little bit "tinny"
- 600/650 sounds more "romantic"
- sounds more exciting than 600/650
- not a big fan of build, 600/650 feels much more premium

IMG_20201007_171714.jpg
Thanks for sharing. Actually your impressions are quite similar to what I expected. I had a lot of doubts that this can replace my trusty HD600/650. A different beast, maybe.

How's the detail and microdynamics? I doubt this can beat the 600/650 as well.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #536 of 2,621
Mine (will actually be a gift) arrived a few hours ago. :hand_splayed::no_mouth:

Violectric V590 Pro as a DAC -> Custom Pass Labs HPA-1 as the amp of my choice since it's SE and offers SE out naturally and a "convenience" XLR output. HD 600 being XLR and 560S SE would be too complicated on the former.

Hanne Boel - How can you mend a broken heart https://tidal.com/browse/track/25558098

What a lovely song. If there are hearts that are going to be broken, it's the hearts of those who followed youtube hypers and other strange fellows and thought Sennheiser would come to destroy the 6xx class with 5xx looks. Now I am not against that idea at all but was anyone outside the Internet Celebzzzz bubble really believing for something like this to happen?

Now about broken hearts:

Hanne Boel's voice is accentuated by the 560S's slight proneness to sibilance compared to the HD 600, There's generally always a slight edgyness to vocals which is absent from the HD 600 who renders them more natural and yet more defined, finely shaped.

A bit more perceived clarity surely is a welcome bonus in this game but in this case it's not as natural as the 600 but "exciting" in the way that the Sennheiser engineers surely intended to. It does not come off cheap like some famous other brands where adding excitement to the treble makes for a good wincing game. Good at exposing flaws in the corresponding peak but unnatural and annyoing in the end.

Here's it's more like turning the overall brightness higher on your TV and watch the whole color balance degrade. Also add a slightly uneven brightness boost.
Still, it seems to be a very popular tonal balance so they too designed around it. Brightness of this type can also batter a bit through muffled onboard sound and cheap external usb soundcards. I am just guessing though.

I personally find it unnecessary but I understand it having the same FR like a HD 600 but with more bass would not make for a fine new addition to the portfolio but come off as a knockoff attempt. And it would probably expose it's flaws even more.

So far:

seems clearer but not without "tricks" so nothing worth praising
brighter, overall less refined than the HD 600
does not render detail as good, just says: LOOK HERE vs. HD 600's: oh, how delicate!
Mids slightly etched, edgy
proner to sibilance
Wider staging than the HD 600
overall rather neutral aside from the treble fr, no bass boost.

next: listening on the Bifrost 2, Cavalli and checking out staging, dynamics, bass, gaming.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #538 of 2,621
Mine (will actually be a gift) arrived a few hours ago. :hand_splayed::no_mouth:

Violectric V590 Pro as a DAC -> Custom Pass Labs HPA-1 as the amp of my choice since it's SE and offers SE out naturally and a "convenience" XLR output. HD 600 being XLR and 560S SE would be too complicated on the former.

Hanne Boel - How can you mend a broken heart https://tidal.com/browse/track/25558098

What a lovely song. If there are hearts that are going to be broken, it's the hearts of those who followed youtube hypers and other strange fellows and thought Sennheiser would come to destroy the 6xx class with 5xx looks. Now I am not against that idea at all but was anyone outside the Internet Celebzzzz bubble really believing for something like this to happen?

Now about broken hearts:

Hanne Boel's voice is accentuated by the 560S's slight proneness to sibilance compared to the HD 600, There's generally always a slight edgyness to vocals which is absent from the HD 600 who renders them more natural and yet more defined, finely shaped.

A bit more perceived clarity surely is a welcome bonus in this game but in this case it's not as natural as the 600 but "exciting" in the way that the Sennheiser engineers surely intended to. It does not come off cheap like some famous other brands where adding excitement to the treble makes for a good wincing game. Good at exposing flaws in the corresponding peak but unnatural and annyoing in the end.

Here's it's more like turning the overall brightness higher on your TV and watch the whole color balance degrade. Also add a slightly uneven brightness boost.
Still, it seems to be a very popular tonal balance so they too designed around it. Brightness of this type can also batter a bit through muffled onboard sound and cheap external usb soundcards. I am just guessing though.

I personally find it unnecessary but I understand it having the same FR like a HD 600 but with more bass would not make for a fine new addition to the portfolio but come off as a knockoff attempt. And it would probably expose it's flaws even more.

So far:

seems clearer but not without "tricks" so nothing worth praising
brighter, overall less refined than the HD 600
does not render detail as good, just says: LOOK HERE vs. HD 600's: oh, how delicate!
Mids slightly etched, edgy
proner to sibilance
Wider staging than the HD 600
overall rather neutral aside from the treble fr, no bass boost.

next: listening on the Bifrost 2, Cavalli and checking out staging, dynamics, bass, gaming.

Nice write up!

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #539 of 2,621
Sennheiser just posted yesterday to you in this thread that they will take care of you. They will let you know when they have more information.

Relax. You've already been promised special treatment. Your anxiety is not doing any good for you.

True, thank you for saying that. I needed to hear that. Scolding sets off my anxiety, so this kind of rhetoric helps me

I agree, I just need to chill and sign out and when they get here they get here and Sennheiser will indeed take care of me, honestly, that is one great thing about the Head-Fi community a lot of companies seem to reach out here where the fanbase is strong, I think my anxiety comes from the idea that maybe Sennheiser doesn't get this stocked for another 1-2 months and that money is still on my card since Digital River can't cancel. but that is a very very rare scenario I think and I imagine even if that did happen Sennheiser would figure out something for all of us who wanted to cancel and not wait that long.

bleh. im signing off for a few days. it will sort itself out. thank you again I did need to hear that lol

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #540 of 2,621
True, thank you for saying that. I needed to hear that. Scolding sets off my anxiety, so this kind of rhetoric helps me

I agree, I just need to chill and sign out and when they get here they get here and Sennheiser will indeed take care of me, honestly, that is one great thing about the Head-Fi community a lot of companies seem to reach out here where the fanbase is strong, I think my anxiety comes from the idea that maybe Sennheiser doesn't get this stocked for another 1-2 months and that money is still on my card since Digital River can't cancel. but that is a very very rare scenario I think and I imagine even if that did happen Sennheiser would figure out something for all of us who wanted to cancel and not wait that long.

bleh. im signing off for a few days. it will sort itself out. thank you again I did need to hear that lol
Saul Goodman, It’s all good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back