The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #511 of 2,621
@Sennheiser I most likely will not be home to refuse these since my work is starting back up later this week. Will I still be allowed to return them for a full refund without having to pay shipping costs back? I have been trying to cancel since originally placing my order on September 24th, Digital River tells me they can't each time.... Or will I be required to pay return shipping when I call digital river and tell them I want to return a brand new unopened item? (I won't even open the shipping box it arrives in).

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #512 of 2,621
@caenlenfromOCN we've read about your specific experience through this thread... we're looking for options, and we'll contact you through PM once we have something new to say. Side note, if you do subscribe to the newsletter, it usually only arrives once a month or less.

We'll also be trying to give everyone info on the shipping progress by editing the second post of this thread! As we boat items across the world for this product launch, deliveries will be arriving in stages.

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 6, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #513 of 2,621
To those who above had fears that the return process is complicated. I received an e-mail two days after asking to return the unit that the return will be processed. Then today I received an e-mail with a label for UPS shipping and clear instructions on how to reach UPS to arrange for a pick up.

So the return, at least in Europe, is relatively quick and absolutely painless and free. Obviously the money hasn't been returned yet, but I doubt anyone here will have a liquidity issue with $199 being held up a bit.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #514 of 2,621
@Sennheiser I most likely will not be home to refuse these since my work is starting back up later this week. Will I still be allowed to return them for a full refund without having to pay shipping costs back? I have been trying to cancel since originally placing my order on September 24th, Digital River tells me they can't each time.... Or will I be required to pay return shipping when I call digital river and tell them I want to return a brand new unopened item? (I won't even open the shipping box it arrives in).
Of course I don’t know your situation completely, but you could consider using PayPal for payment in case the company you bought from isn’t paying for the return shipping costs. PayPal will refund you the shipping costs with hardly any hassle, a screenshot or scan of the receipt from the shipping company will be sufficient to get a refund on that. Did it a few times myself. Hope that will be of some use in the future.

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #515 of 2,621
@caenlenfromOCN we've read about your specific experience through this thread... we're looking for options, and we'll contact you through PM once we have something new to say. Side note, if you do subscribe to the newsletter, it usually only arrives once a month or less.

We'll also be trying to give everyone info on the shipping progress by editing the second post of this thread! As we boat items across the world for this product launch, deliveries will be arriving in stages.

Sounds good to me, I do newsletter yes, for you and ZMF the only two companies I get newsletter for actually! I will never be able to afford ZMF, I just like looking at all the pretty... :beerchug:

It's really not a big deal if I have to pay return shipping, I just thought with a modern company it would be much easier to cancel, never had an issue where I couldn't cancel an item when it took this long to ship. I understand your logistics are different though to keep costs down, and that is fine, but in future I think I will wait for your products to hit Amazon other outlets, cheers

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #517 of 2,621
I see on the Sennheiser website (Canada ) they are listing the 560S for $259 plus taxes , (also out of stock )
Strange as I was charged $329 inc of Alberta tax 5%

Can you enlighten us @Sennheiser ?

Sounds like 1 is in USD and the other is in Canadian bacon dollars

Oct 6, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #520 of 2,621
Definitely says

region Canada English , But I think you're right .

Just called them and they are still processing my order
Preordered on the 24th !

It was $298.xx at the beginning than it showed $259 for a while, however when you clicked to order, it always showed $298.xx in the cart.
I emailed digital river about it but they never got back to me.

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #521 of 2,621
I talked with Digital River again yesterday and asked about the estimated ship time and if possible to cancel still. I mentioned I read November 7th in this thread as a possible estimated date and they said they don't have that same date... so I am guessing we are not getting shipments out in USA today...

I believe someone in this thread earlier stated they would ship out by October 7th, forget who said it. Bleh. edit: @Myk28 @kman1211

It's so weird to me there is no system in place you can't cancel items that are indefinitely postponed. meh oh well, even if I can't return them I will just sell them for 80-90% of what I paid and stay retired from this hobby and learn a life lesson. All good. Actually, this is a really good thing this happened, minimal money lost, and a big awakening about how I need to avoid hype in all its forms moving forward, so actually I am quite thankful this happened

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #522 of 2,621
I talked with Digital River again yesterday and asked about the estimated ship time and if possible to cancel still. I mentioned I read November 7th in this thread as a possible estimated date and they said they don't have that same date... so I am guessing we are not getting shipments out in USA today...

I believe someone in this thread earlier stated they would ship out by October 7th, forget who said it. Bleh. edit: @Myk28 @kman1211

It's so weird to me there is no system in place you can't cancel items that are indefinitely postponed. meh oh well, even if I can't return them I will just sell them for 80-90% of what I paid and stay retired from this hobby and learn a life lesson. All good. Actually, this is a really good thing this happened, minimal money lost, and a big awakening about how I need to avoid hype in all its forms moving forward, so actually I am quite thankful this happened
I wouldn’t get hyped too much, as sound is a very personal matter. Pre-orders can be a bitch. That’s the same reason why I don’t pre-order an Xbox Series X. I usually verify with an online shop if they have stock by just calling them, then I order. Can’t trust online stock counts either.

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #523 of 2,621

even if I can't return them I will just sell them for 80-90% of what I paid

You have a 30-day return guarantee and free return shipping. Why do you keep going on about losing money? I understand and value that as customers we have rights, but at some point its irresponsible to keep spreading misinformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back