The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Sep 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #91 of 2,621
I watched DMS's and read Solderdudes review and concluded this is the Sennheiser I have been looking for. It's also nice to see new driver tech being deplopyed and I am also curious is this made in Ireland or Romania? I like when leprecahuns make my gear.

Maybe they have leprechauns in China too? :) Look here at 0:52 -

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #92 of 2,621
I watched DMS's and read Solderdudes review and concluded this is the Sennheiser I have been looking for. It's also nice to see new driver tech being deplopyed and I am also curious is this made in Ireland or Romania? I like when leprecahuns make my gear.

1601041269369.png

I gave in too

Screenshot_20200925-152937_Nine.jpg

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #93 of 2,621
Kind of expected it as soon as I saw the HD 569 housing and the 560s model name.
Aren't all new 5xx series made in China except the 58X (made in Romania)?

Based on my limited knowledge, made in China Sennheiser headphones like HD 569/HD 599 are pretty good in terms of QC compared to Hifiman/Monoprice.

Final assembly for the HD 500 series are in our China factory, and the transducers are made in our Ireland factory. We have been very pleased with all our manufacturing sites (go team!).

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 25, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #95 of 2,621
Original cable from HD6 series are one of the best for many reasons they are lite they dont tangle they dont have microphonics they are shield and when i make them shorter i saw that inside they are protected by some type of silicone. Very very good.
I would also like to have cable options from Sennheiser mostly on HD6 series.

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #96 of 2,621
Original cable from HD6 series are one of the best for many reasons they are lite they dont tangle they dont have microphonics they are shield and when i make them shorter i saw that inside they are protected by some type of silicone. Very very good.
I would also like to have cable options from Sennheiser mostly on HD6 series.

What do you think of the ADL Furutech cable for the 600/650/660S (iHP-35S)? It comes in a much nicer 1.3m length. I have one and I prefer it overall to the stock cable and to other more expensive after-market cables.

@takeitblue 3m is a problem for us non-DAP users. Who needs 3m at a desk? 1.3 or 1.5m is ideal.

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #97 of 2,621
What do you think of the ADL Furutech cable for the 600/650/660S (iHP-35S)? It comes in a much nicer 1.3m length. I have one and I prefer it overall to the stock cable and to other more expensive after-market cables.

@takeitblue 3m is a problem for us non-DAP users. Who needs 3m at a desk? 1.3 or 1.5m is ideal.
I have no idea about Furutech cables sory... I have FOW Cardas and tried some cheap amazon cables .
I.have to agree i prefer short 1.5 meter cable and if we like we can just use an extension so simple...

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #98 of 2,621
If u didnt enjoy HD660s i cant see why u will enjoy HD600 and HD650 all of them are close , just HD660 are faster cleaner tighter but not by a lot.
I enjoyed the hd58x and 598 /599 though, I think it’s mainly that the 660 didn’t feel as impressive for their price bracket versus its siblings. I also tried the 660s right after the focal clears so it wasn’t the fairest first Iimpressions haha.

the main key points to me for the 560 seem to be the senn signature mids but with a better soundstage and extension, plus the price point

Sep 25, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #100 of 2,621
Apparently with a bigger soundstage, perhaps due to the angled drivers.
The old HD598 open-back also has angled drivers. So I'm not sure what Sennheiser is trying to pull here?

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #102 of 2,621
I’m pretty sure angled drivers help eleviate sibilant high frequencies. It might also produce a unique soundstage depending on angle and frequency response. I mean were not sure how vastly different the stage is to a HD600, but we will soon find out. From just looking at the graph we can see that it will be more detailed. Some sibilances are natural and contain detail / texture. The rolled off highs and lows contained details that were missing from the HD6xx series. I am just happy Sennheiser is putting out a new headphone. It makes me excited for more releases and improvements to their headphone lineup.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #105 of 2,621
I enjoyed the hd58x and 598 /599 though, I think it’s mainly that the 660 didn’t feel as impressive for their price bracket versus its siblings. I also tried the 660s right after the focal clears so it wasn’t the fairest first Iimpressions haha.

the main key points to me for the 560 seem to be the senn signature mids but with a better soundstage and extension, plus the price point

U get me a little bit confused there .... U said that thinking about buing HD650,HD600,HD6XX but u tried HD 660s and didnt like them.

There is a difference on how good a headphone sounds and how good value for money a headphone is . HD 6XX and HD 58XX are amazing value for money headphones only in US and not in Europe , for example to me HD 6XX cost me 300 euros vats and taxes to come and waited 2 months , the spider cage was broken also and i had to send them back to US no warannty from SENNHEISER EUROPE .
At the same time HD 600 cost 310 HD 650 cost 340 and HD 660S cost 380 euros So if u consider warranty time waiting etch etch I dont see any Value for money for people outside of Drops cyrcle ...

About sound again... All HD 600 650 6XX 660S have close sound characteristic's Its not something like Beyer sound or BW sound or Focal sound differences even HD 5 series have different sound compered to HD 6 series .... U get a little bit confused because you read People saying that HD 600 are more neutral HD 650 more smooth and HD 660s are more tight better dynamics and thats true BUT the differences are not more than 5-10 % and u can hear them ONLY if u have these Headphones everyday like me and listen them side by side .

So yeah If u Didnt like the sound of HD 660s then u gone not like HD 6 series sound signature ... Saying that U enjoy HD 58X and u didnt enjoy HD 660s sound also doesnt make sense to me because they have the same Character but HD 660s are tighter more refined better imaging they beahave better on distortion etch etch .. So if u really like HD 58X there is no way u didnt like HD 660s .
HD 599 on the other hand they sound for sure different compared to HD 6 series .

Anyway at the end of the day ... U should first decide do you want HD 58X and HD 6 series type of sound ? or HD 599 that are different ? And if u want HD 6 series sound how much do they cost for you ... if for example u can get HD 6XX for 200 vs 400 that HD 660s cost and u dont care about this extra clarity dynamics etch etch ( some people prefer HD 650 smoothness what ever the price) Me ? i use HD 650 for old recordings that i want smoothness and HD 660s for anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back