The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 8, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #572 of 2,621
What is the point of a pre-order? Waiting weeks for this response...

I don't understand how they don't have the amount in stock that they allowed to be pre-ordered...
Pre-ordering gives them important information about demand, so they can adjust manufacturing volume. In this case they didn't expect so much interest, Sennheiser rep had explained it already.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #575 of 2,621
Pre-ordering gives them important information about demand, so they can adjust manufacturing volume. In this case they didn't expect so much interest, Sennheiser rep had explained it already.

Is that Nvidia's excuse for the 30-series launch too?

IMO at least advise customers once you are aware of this, they clearly did not until people complained.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #577 of 2,621
Is that Nvidia's excuse for the 30-series launch too?

IMO at least advise customers once you are aware of this, they clearly did not until people complained.
nVidia totally f-cked it up overhyping for literally nothing and now scalpers all over the place including the botters. This RTX30 is the most worst launch ever.
nVidia knew very darn well the RTX3080 will be extremely popular because better performance than 2080Ti at half the price!

But of course, GPU's are totally different than HD560S. I think the 560S is very popular because of the price. Pretty sure the HD900S won't be that very popular if that ever comes out.

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #578 of 2,621
I think the 560S is very popular because of the price. Pretty sure the HD900S won't be that very popular if that ever comes out.
HD560s has a natural sound signature of HD600, it brings users attention. It has better low bass extension without a cheap middle bass resonant peak, once again HD600 kind, but better. These two things make it already great HP. To add to it, a popular 5xx package, bigger sound stage at much lower price and possible to drive from a laptop/phone (important for a mass consumer). It will be very popular, I am sure.

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #579 of 2,621
HD560s has a natural sound signature of HD600, it brings users attention. It has better low bass extension without a cheap middle bass resonant peak, once again HD600 kind, but better. These two things make it already great HP. To add to it, a popular 5xx package, bigger sound stage at much lower price and possible to drive from a laptop/phone (important for a mass consumer). It will be very popular, I am sure.

The 560S is a good headphone, but it doesn't quite have the natural sound signature of the HD 600. It's not a case of "this is very close or the same". It's an immediately noticeable step down, even when both headphones are paired by a mid-range solid state amp. I evaluated and for my own ears I decided I would never reach for the 560S instead of the 600 for music. (DMS is praising the 560S a bit much, but he pretty much says the same thing in his comparison review someone posted above -- and mind you he is wrong in comparing it to the 6xx instead of comparing it to the 600).

So understanding the world has a boatload of other more important problems, on this narrow subject I worry about a future where the view becomes that the 560S does everything the 6-series does and better. Sennheiser will sell 560S like hotcakes, streamline production chains by discontinuing the 6-series thinking to itself it's had a long enough run, and what do we end up with? Regression. We will have accepted a cheaper substitute. You take that extra 10-15% of emotion the 6-series adds to music through all its characteristics and you lose so much...

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #580 of 2,621
Oh, if you knew how much money Sennheiser makes with something like the CX series. Most of the money easily comes from the lower budgets, yet they are always tinkering and exploring potential kilobuck successors and ideas.
I don't think such a future will ever happen, Head-Fi is too big for that and headphones like the 600/650 are too legendary and successful to just go away.

I want to propose a better future where youtubers and tiktokers are finally ignored here on Head-Fi and people read and learn from each other, even if they disagree strongly.

STOP POSTING LINKS TO YOUTUBE INFLUENC000rZZzz. Stop giving guys like DMS or whatever his name is attention. Learn from your fellow Head-Fiers. Discuss in private, make friends etc...

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #582 of 2,621
It might feel a lot bigger if you're coming off the 6x series. To be honest, I found their soundstage... pretty abysmal in general, so anything that's half decent soundstage wise will feel like a substantial difference
That's true. Personally, coming from the 58x, 600 and 6xx, the HD700 sounded tall and wide. But from the 700 to the 800S, not too noticeable, except for the meatier tone of the HD800S.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #583 of 2,621
If your going to have embargos, have adequate supplies. I also am not sure what to think of DMS's review, I have see other more objective reviews which seem more balanced and other owners prefer the 6XX's. Even in his 3 way showdown review he back tracked a bit and the 560s is less better and just slightly different as in 8%. He also pretty much had an advertisement for their gaming headset and did not use any graphs.

I did get a email saying the distributor has not received shipment yet, bet ya if it was made in Ireland those leprechauns would have whipped them up by now.
I had to reply and cancel, not so hot on these now if they drop the price under 58x then I'd consider it. They actually should be offering heavy discounts to letting down all these pre-orders.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #584 of 2,621
That's true. Personally, coming from the 58x, 600 and 6xx, the HD700 sounded tall and wide. But from the 700 to the 800S, not too noticeable, except for the meatier tone of the HD800S.
Sad to see HD700 is discontinued :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #585 of 2,621
If your going to have embargos, have adequate supplies. I also am not sure what to think of DMS's review, I have see other more objective reviews which seem more balanced and other owners prefer the 6XX's. Even in his 3 way showdown review he back tracked a bit and the 560s is less better and just slightly different as in 8%. He also pretty much had an advertisement for their gaming headset and did not use any graphs.

I did get a email saying the distributor has not received shipment yet, bet ya if it was made in Ireland those leprechauns would have whipped them up by now.
I had to reply and cancel, not so hot on these now if they drop the price under 58x then I'd consider it. They actually should be offering heavy discounts to letting down all these pre-orders.

Ireland still make the transducers. They get shipped to China. Assembled there then shipped to Germany then I guess to retailers?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back